Oliver McBurnie - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

Taylor1996

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Where did I suggest that?

Yeah, Adams is literally an England C international. The only way he would be able to force his way into that squad if England had 15/20 injuries. 

Fact is, Dykes picked us over Australia. Adams only had one choice.

Fair enough. 

You didn’t. I was asking if you wanted them in the squad because they have arguably not been fully committed to Scotland and I wondered if your aversion to this was selective. 

I don’t disagree with your assessment but Adams probably had aspirations of playing for England up until fairly recently even if he was deluded.

I’m not a fan of getting England’s sloppy seconds but it’s a fact of life that we need to accept. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

You didn’t. I was asking if you wanted them in the squad because they have arguably not been fully committed to Scotland and I wondered if your aversion to this was selective. 

I don’t disagree with your assessment but Adams probably had aspirations of playing for England up until fairly recently even if he was deluded.

I’m not a fan of getting England’s sloppy seconds but it’s a fact of life that we need to accept. 

Of course I want Tierney and Fraser in the squad. Both would start, in an ideal world. 

I know. 

Oh. I've accepted it. I have no choice. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that history shows that people will believe what they want to believe.

Armstrong. I don't like because he cost us a famous win against England.

Adams. I don't rate as he's not a good striker. He's had one season where he's hit double figures.

(Not sure how many times I have to repeat it)

Are you from the future? How do 

I like most on here want to look no further into the future than next month! 

Adams (PL 40, 8 goals & 5 assists) 

Dykes ( PL 42, 12 goals, 5 assists)

McBurnie (PL 29, 1 goal, 0 assists ) 

The reality of what we care about the here & now.. 

1 minute ago, theabsentee said:

I like most on here want to look no further into the future than next month! 

Adams (PL 40, 8 goals & 5 assists) 

Dykes ( PL 42, 12 goals, 5 assists)

McBurnie (PL 29, 1 goal, 0 assists ) 

The reality of what we care about the here & now.. 

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

McBurnie is just not good enough, and he seems to have some personal issues aswell. I cant see Clarke bringing him in. Dykes, Adams, Griffiths, Nisbet, Shankland are all far better options in my opinion..

Agreed Ramy. 

Maybe only 3 of those strikers will go also, so there will be good ones left at home. 

10 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yep he’s fucking them all again as per

Amazing that he can type 50’000 words per day, and yet be so ignorant to what they mean. 

He needs a padded cell. 

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Amazing that he can type 50’000 words per day, and yet be so ignorant to what they mean. 

He needs a padded cell. 

I'm genuinely curious as to what the lad does for a living. I mean hes got time to watch every Ryan gauld match, 67 repeats of the Serbia match, all the euro 96 matches over and over, study stat sites, publish his writing, watch lots of Sheffield utd matches, watch any match with Scott mctominay in it. 

I'd absolutely love to be able to have the time to watch so much football, actually I wouldn't I'd find better things to do with my time. I barely find time to watch aberdeen nowdays, I want to get out and about when I'm not working.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I only operate respectfully and within the rules. :)

You weren’t very respectful of the death of Michael Collins or what he achieved during his life. In fact, you basically said he lied and was part of a worldwide conspiracy. 🤔

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

McBurnie is just not good enough, and he seems to have some personal issues aswell. I cant see Clarke bringing him in. Dykes, Adams, Griffiths, Nisbet, Shankland are all far better options in my opinion..

I think he'll choose 3 for the up top striker - Dykes, Adams, Nisbet

And he tends to go for one kind of attacking midfielder/winger to support in a free role up front. Fraser and Christie are certainties. Maybe he could select Gauld as well due to being able to select a bigger squad.

Edited by breeks_mctavish

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to what the lad does for a living. I mean hes got time to watch every Ryan gauld match, 67 repeats of the Serbia match, all the euro 96 matches over and over, study stat sites, publish his writing, watch lots of Sheffield utd matches, watch any match with Scott mctominay in it. 

I'd absolutely love to be able to have the time to watch so much football, actually I wouldn't I'd find better things to do with my time. I barely find time to watch aberdeen nowdays, I want to get out and about when I'm not working.

Unless he's a scout for Steve Clarke (god I hope not!), I suspect it's a lot of hot air to back up his crackpot points!

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

New form of artificial intelligence designed to process vast amounts of information in seconds. The code for interaction hasn't been perfected yet, but once it is you will have the perfect forum poster. 

Any way alot of his stuff is interesting, so leave him alone. 

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

New form of artificial intelligence designed to process vast amounts of information in seconds. The code for interaction hasn't been perfected yet, but once it is you will have the perfect forum poster. 

Any way alot of his stuff is interesting, so leave him 

Some of what he writes is interesting, that's not the issue. It's the constant spamming and need to vindicate every single thing he posts. I'm not the only to comment on it.

4 hours ago, duncan II said:

You weren’t very respectful of the death of Michael Collins or what he achieved during his life. In fact, you basically said he lied and was part of a worldwide conspiracy. 🤔

12 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I only operate truthfully, respectfully, and within the rules. :)

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yet, you rate Griffiths.