Oliver McBurnie - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oliver McBurnie

Taylor1996

4 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Kenny Miller has 18 goals for Scotland with some key goals amongst them. If McBurnie had Miller's  goal to games ratio, he would have 3-4 goals already and we wouldn't be having this debate. In short, your comparison is pish poor. 

I think he's referring more to the abuse Kenny Miller used to get on here in the early part of his international career. 

I remember it really annoying me and feeling it was a bit unfair no matter what his ability was like at the time.

Much the same as the way McBurnie is talked about now, although it is starting to appear that the negative comments might be right but you never know....................................

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I think he's referring more to the abuse Kenny Miller used to get on here in the early part of his international career. 

I remember it really annoying me and feeling it was a bit unfair no matter what his ability was like at the time.

Much the same as the way McBurnie is talked about now, although it is starting to appear that the negative comments might be right but you never know....................................

don't think he is comparing to Miller re the abuse otherwise he wouldn't say McBurnie is the new Miller followed by "get him axed". I believe he is comparing McBurnie to Miller in terms of ability. 

I do agree that McBurnie is getting an unfair amount of abuse (from myself included!). He really shouldn't be getting called up based on his current form and therefore some of the blame lies with Clarke. If he does play at any point over the next two games then he really needs to show something otherwise the abuse will continue on football forums until such time as (quite rightly) he is dropped. 

8 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

don't think he is comparing to Miller re the abuse otherwise he wouldn't say McBurnie is the new Miller followed by "get him axed". I believe he is comparing McBurnie to Miller in terms of ability. 

I do agree that McBurnie is getting an unfair amount of abuse (from myself included!). He really shouldn't be getting called up based on his current form and therefore some of the blame lies with Clarke. If he does play at any point over the next two games then he really needs to show something otherwise the abuse will continue on football forums until such time as (quite rightly) he is dropped. 

Even I wouldn't pick McBurnie on current form and I'm his biggest fan on here.

Only problem is he is our only option to Dykes unless we completely change our game plan. Adams and Nisbet won't win the ball in the air often enough for us to continue hoofing it up the park.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Even I wouldn't pick McBurnie on current form and I'm his biggest fan on here.

Only problem is he is our only option to Dykes unless we completely change our game plan. Adams and Nisbet won't win the ball in the air often enough for us to continue hoofing it up the park.

to be honest I have only ever seen McBurnie play when he has played for Scotland. I haven't seen him play for Sheffield Utd. Based on Scotland performances, he doesn't win very much in the air and therefore if that is his sole contribution we are far better playing someone who has other attributes to offer. I would though like to see Dykes and Adams both start and see how that looks. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, thesaint said:

Well said.

+1

Some people have memories like goldfish.

You need players that you can trust, and McBurnie has more than earned his stripes, by playing 33 matches for Scotlsnd, from youth level.

As opposed to to Adams who has sneaked in the backdoor. What makes it worse is he's scored 11 goals in 77 Southampton matches.

46 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

+1

Some people have memories like goldfish.

You need players that you can trust, and McBurnie has more than earned his stripes, by playing 33 matches for Scotlsnd, from youth level.

As opposed to to Adams who has sneaked in the backdoor. What makes it worse is he's scored 11 goals in 77 Southampton matches.

Mcburnie has 7 goals in 59 appearances for Sheffield united which is even worse .

Would imagine they will want him out the door and off the wage bill might be tricky ask though.

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Mcburnie has 7 goals in 59 appearances for Sheffield united which is even worse .

Would imagine they will want him out the door and off the wage bill might be tricky ask though.

In fairness, Sheffield United are statistically one of the worst teams in EPL history.

I've seen most of their matches this season, fhey've been incredibly unlucky with injuries and whatnot.

Why? He'll easily get into double figures in the Championship. His previous season in that league, he got 22.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

In fairness, Sheffield United are statistically one of the worst teams in EPL history.

I've seen most of their matches this season, fhey've been incredibly unlucky with injuries and whatnot.

Why? He'll easily get into double figures in the Championship. His previous season in that league, he got 22.

Where do you find the time? 

40 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

What a tosser of a man he is. Dressed like a tosser, acts like a tosser and a completely inept useless tosser of a striker 

I’m sensing that you think he’s a tosser of some sort?

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

What a tosser of a man he is. Dressed like a tosser, acts like a tosser and a completely inept useless tosser of a striker 

I've seen the video,is it's actually him?