Jodi Jones murder - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jodi Jones murder

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Nah, no seen this documentary but loads have been talking about it. I mind it all at the time, so I’d like to watch it. 
Whats it on and is it available on catch up or anything?

Yeah, channel 5 catch up has the first two episodes. Looking like a dodgy as fuck conviction, horrible media involvement as well. Be interesting to see how it pans out. 

27 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Yeah, channel 5 catch up has the first two episodes. Looking like a dodgy as fuck conviction, horrible media involvement as well. Be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Saw something that Channel 5 had had to pull it from catch up as they apparently unwittingly revealed the identity of a witness that they feel should be a suspect.

Seems to be a bit of a problem at the moment.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Saw something that Channel 5 had had to pull it from catch up as they apparently unwittingly revealed the identity of a witness that they feel should be a suspect.

Seems to be a bit of a problem at the moment.

It was definitely still there last night. There are quite a few folks names openly getting thrown about though 

I felt at the time - purely gut instinct - that there was something about his conviction that didn't stack up.  I hadn't realised that he was convicted without a shred of forensic evidence linking him to the murder!

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

It was definitely still there last night. There are quite a few folks names openly getting thrown about though 

Haven't looked myself - but this was where I saw the story.  Apologies for the link.  Apparently they made some edits and put it back up.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/channel-5-tv-bosses-drop-23578812

Edited by aaid

35 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I felt at the time - purely gut instinct - that there was something about his conviction that didn't stack up.  I hadn't realised that he was convicted without a shred of forensic evidence linking him to the murder!

I didn't really follow it that closely at the time but felt he was being stigmatised over his looks/lifestyle but as I said I didn't follow it that closely.  A friend of mine who did was convinced he was guilty though.

41 minutes ago, aaid said:

I didn't really follow it that closely at the time but felt he was being stigmatised over his looks/lifestyle but as I said I didn't follow it that closely.  A friend of mine who did was convinced he was guilty though.

Who was your friend Nicola, 🤣

just a joke Aaid 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I was the same, never paid much attention but was aware of it back then. Definitely targeted due to the whole Goth look Marilyn Manson music thing which is fucking ridiculous. Appreciate its coming from his side but the evidence (or lack of ) is unbelievable so far. 

9 hours ago, aaid said:

Oh, he was definitely vilified in the press over the way he looked and the kind of music he listened to, no doubt about it.  Kids who were into that kind of scene generally tended to be the most gentle and harmless of people too.

The fact that this 15-year-old boy was supposed to have half hacked his girlfriend's head off and yet they found no blood on his clothes just doesn't add up.