Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

When you set your profile up you have to give a passport number.

What’s probably going to happen is the SSC will send out a email where you have to register your interest to games, and those who have enough points get a unique code/link to the the UEFA ticket portal, where they can purchase their tickets.

If you have already purchased tickets and successful in the ballot, then you will be unable to complete your SSC purchase as UEFA will have your details and will show that you already have a ticket (even if you have a ticket for another game on that day it will not allow you to complete your transaction.... ie if you apply for a Scotland v Croatia ticket via the SSC, if you already have a ticket for Poland v Slovakia that day).

It’s basically to clamp down on touts purchasing loads of tickets and selling them on at inflated prices.

It’s must get complicated for the SFA to work down the points system at the cut off point. They’d need to do a draw at the cut off point to determine who gets offered tickets, then release more tickets in batches, gradually working their way down. Sounds quite admin intensive.  

Unless the SSC offering to fans is a one time exercise and any not taken just go back to UEFA - which would leave a lot of folk unhappy. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It’s must get complicated for the SFA to work down the points system at the cut off point. They’d need to do a draw at the cut off point to determine who gets offered tickets, then release more tickets in batches, gradually working their way down. Sounds quite admin intensive.  

Unless the SSC offering to fans is a one time exercise and any not taken just go back to UEFA - which would leave a lot of folk unhappy. 

It will be no different to how they dish out tickets for other games, just in this case they are giving out a access code rather than a ticket.

Start at the top and work way down until get to point where they have to either do a ballot or first come first serve basis when number of people of points out numbers amount of tickets available.

23 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I just cant see how they can deviate from the norm as you say. If 2000 for Hampden the first 2000 or close to it points wise will be invited to purchase by a certain date. 

From checking points table there is 2100ish on 14 points and above. I would imagine it will start at 15 points and about which is 1700ish.

Edited by bossman4

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

It will be no different to how they dish out tickets for other games, just in this case they are giving out a access code rather than a ticket.

Start at the top and work way down until get to point where they have to either do a ballot or first come first serve basis when number of people of points out numbers amount of tickets available.

So when they get to a level where there are more fans that tickets, they just issue all fans on that level of points a code and let UEFA site handle that traffic on a first-come, first served basis? 

I guess that would work if UEFA support that as a method. 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

What’s probably going to happen is the SSC will send out a email where you have to register your interest to games, and those who have enough points get a unique code/link to the the UEFA ticket portal, where they can purchase their tickets.

If you have already purchased tickets and successful in the ballot, then you will be unable to complete your SSC purchase as UEFA will have your details and will show that you already have a ticket (even if you have a ticket for another game on that day it will not allow you to complete your transaction.... ie if you apply for a Scotland v Croatia ticket via the SSC, if you already have a ticket for Poland v Slovakia that day).

It’s basically to clamp down on touts purchasing loads of tickets and selling them on at inflated prices.

Makes sense.

Sounds like we won't know if we have got a ticket via the SSC until near the end of May?

At some point they announce how many tickets the SSC have got to allocate which should give us an idea.

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

So when they get to a level where there are more fans that tickets, they just issue all fans on that level of points a code and let UEFA site handle that traffic on a first-come, first served basis? 

I guess that would work if UEFA support that as a method. 

I would have thought the SSC would do the ballot 9or first come first served bit). Most likely to be a ballot.

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would have thought the SSC would do the ballot 9or first come first served bit). Most likely to be a ballot.

That would mean a lot of to and fro for the SFA when it comes to issuing codes for more and more people as they get further down the points. Continually having to issue new codes for small numbers of tickets that haven’t been taken up by points holder further up the chain. 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

If the SFA go down the route of working their way down the points system, and allowing the members on higher points to get first access to both home matches, this method would allow those members who feel it would be fairer to only accept tickets for one of the home games to be magnanimous and leave the other ticket for someone further down the chain. It would mean the SFA dont need to make any hard decisions and leave it in the hands of the supporters. 

23 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

That would mean a lot of to and fro for the SFA when it comes to issuing codes for more and more people as they get further down the points. Continually having to issue new codes for small numbers of tickets that haven’t been taken up by points holder further up the chain. 

I dont think it would go that far down, I am on 13 points and doubt I will get a ticket no matter what. Ironically I would probably get one for Wembley but I wont be going there. 

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

So if I have a ticket for the Croatia v Czech game on the same day as Scotland @ Wembley it would stop me from getting a Wembley ticket?

So for all the games you would need to cancel your ballot ticket to get a SSC ticket, but you might not get a SSC ticket? If you keep your UEFA ballot ticket you'll also miss out on your point? 

Bit fucked up. 

Edited by TA Torr
poor grammar

9 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

So if I have a ticket for the Croatia v Czech game on the same day as Scotland @ Wembley it would stop me from getting a Wembley ticket?

So for all the games you would need to cancel your ballot ticket to get a SSC ticket, but you might not get a SSC ticket? If you keep your UEFA ballot ticket you'll also miss out on your point? 

Bit fucked up. 

In a nut shell....

4 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

If you want the chance of a Wembley ticket why don't you cancel the Czech v Croatia one? You can get a refund till 22nd April.

Cause if I don’t then get one for Wembley I’ll go to the Hampden game and watch the Scotland game after it on TV. 

16 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

Cause if I don’t then get one for Wembley I’ll go to the Hampden game and watch the Scotland game after it on TV. 

If you don't cancel the Hampden ticket you will not even be allowed to have the chance of a Wembley ticket. No one can have a ticket for 2 games on the same day.

4 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

That's no different to any away game really. They offer tickets to anybody with over 15 points (just an example). Once they know the uptake for that group they go down the points groups a day at a time. Just like normal. If they need to ballot at the 12 point mark, that's only about 500 people in the ballot.

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

If the SFA go down the route of working their way down the points system, and allowing the members on higher points to get first access to both home matches, this method would allow those members who feel it would be fairer to only accept tickets for one of the home games to be magnanimous and leave the other ticket for someone further down the chain. It would mean the SFA dont need to make any hard decisions and leave it in the hands of the supporters. 

Sounds like a plan. Not sure about the magnanimous bit though. ;)

2 hours ago, TA Torr said:

Bit fucked up. 

Might be two points if they are all classed as away games?

23 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like a plan. Not sure about the magnanimous bit though. ;)

The plan does come with a caveat right enough,  and that all the greedy bassas who apply for both games are named and shamed, and their cardboard cut outs be removed from Hampden and distributed to the various fan zones throughout the city, as shot practice for us peasants 😁

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's no different to any away game really. They offer tickets to anybody with over 15 points (just an example). Once they know the uptake for that group they go down the points groups a day at a time. Just like normal. If they need to ballot at the 12 point mark, that's only about 500 people in the ballot.

I thought they’d done away with ballots and were now opening up sales windows at the appropriate points level and then working their way down. 

i.e.

500 tickets left

12 points (513 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Monday. 

11 points (624 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Tuesday (if any tickets remain)

...and so on. 

is that not the way the SFA have been doing it for years now as opposed to ballot? 

24 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I thought they’d done away with ballots and were now opening up sales windows at the appropriate points level and then working their way down. 

i.e.

500 tickets left

12 points (513 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Monday. 

11 points (624 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Tuesday (if any tickets remain)

...and so on. 

is that not the way the SFA have been doing it for years now as opposed to ballot? 

Is it not a ballot for those who already have a ticket and as disproved for the SSC tickets?

J