Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

12 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

It’s must get complicated for the SFA to work down the points system at the cut off point. They’d need to do a draw at the cut off point to determine who gets offered tickets, then release more tickets in batches, gradually working their way down. Sounds quite admin intensive.  

Unless the SSC offering to fans is a one time exercise and any not taken just go back to UEFA - which would leave a lot of folk unhappy. 

Isn’t this pretty much what they do for away games anyway?

18 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I thought they’d done away with ballots and were now opening up sales windows at the appropriate points level and then working their way down. 

i.e.

500 tickets left

12 points (513 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Monday. 

11 points (624 members) - sales open 12-3pm on Tuesday (if any tickets remain)

...and so on. 

is that not the way the SFA have been doing it for years now as opposed to ballot? 

Aye, I think you are right, they did away with the ballot. I'd forgotten about that. It's just first come first served on the day for the final points bracket. Which a lot of folk thought was unfair but they will never find a system that everybody thinks is fair.

17 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Is it not a ballot for those who already have a ticket and as disproved for the SSC tickets?

J

UEFA are doing a ballot for the tickets that they have already sold. 

SSC haven't said what they are doing yet. They will probably wait to get a better idea of how many tickets they have. Folk won't be very happy if they decide to abandon the loyalty points system. The main reason for being in the SSC has always been to increase your chances of getting tickets if we qualified for a tournament. 

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

UEFA are doing a ballot for the tickets that they have already sold. 

SSC haven't said what they are doing yet. They will probably wait to get a better idea of how many tickets they have. Folk won't be very happy if they decide to abandon the loyalty points system. The main reason for being in the SSC has always been to increase your chances of getting tickets if we qualified for a tournament. 

I meant ballot for those who already have tickets in the public sale as to weather they are kept of not.

SSC to allocate by points. Not ballot for SSC.

J

On 4/10/2021 at 2:17 PM, TA Torr said:

I have emailed the SSC for clarity and will share the response. 

I’m sure we are not the only ones in this position.

I emailed the SSC the other day as well and they’ve basically said ‘check with UEFA’. 

I’m guessing you’ve had the same response.  

12 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I emailed the SSC the other day as well and they’ve basically said ‘check with UEFA’. 

I’m guessing you’ve had the same response.  

just this minute got this response

Hi,

Many thanks for your email.

I don’t know much about tickets for other games other than our own but it sounds about right if you have purchased a ticket on for the Czech v Croatia game, UEFA wouldn’t allow you to buy one for the England v Scotland match. You can’t be in two places at the one time to go to both games. This would be something to ask UEFA about as it’s their system that will be used and not ours.

As for points, there are no points awarded for major tournaments.

Best Regards,

11 minutes ago, TA Torr said:

Hi,

I don’t know much about tickets for other games other than our own but it sounds about right if you have purchased a ticket on for the Czech v Croatia game, UEFA wouldn’t allow you to buy one for the England v Scotland match. You can’t be in two places at the one time to go to both games. This would be something to ask UEFA about as it’s their system that will be used and not ours.

Best Regards,

I didn’t get quite as many words in my response from SFA but I’ve fired off a contact form to UEFA now anyway.  

17 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Only the Record, but talk Wales v Italy may be moved to Hampden.

Going out on a limb here but if so how about offering these tickets to the Welsh / Italian (if they can travel) Supporters Club.

Would be sad if Scots attended at the expense of Welsh fans. 

J

7 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Going out on a limb here but if so how about offering these tickets to the Welsh / Italian (if they can travel) Supporters Club.

Would be sad if Scots attended at the expense of Welsh fans. 

J

If UEFA are going to cut from the existing sales, and Wales and Italy FA's will already have their share of the tickets, imagine a large part of the sales will be with Welsh and Italian fans, so will not be a chance for Scots to apply for new tickets.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

If UEFA are going to cut from the existing sales, and Wales and Italy FA's will already have their share of the tickets, imagine a large part of the sales will be with Welsh and Italian fans, so will not be a chance for Scots to apply for new tickets.

True enough. Where was that game meant to be played?

J

Just noticed on UEFA site that Amsterdam,Bucharest.Copenhagen and Glasgow have agreed to 25-33% capacity,with the possibility that they can increase the capacity in stadiums if their vaccination programme goes well.The only venue that hasn't agreed to increase the capacity if things go well is Glasgow.How f..king ironic that we are the country out of these four who are miles ahead in the vaccination programme,but the only one who hasn't agreed to increase the capacity.You couldn't make it up.

10 hours ago, thesaint said:

Just noticed on UEFA site that Amsterdam,Bucharest.Copenhagen and Glasgow have agreed to 25-33% capacity,with the possibility that they can increase the capacity in stadiums if their vaccination programme goes well.The only venue that hasn't agreed to increase the capacity if things go well is Glasgow.How f..king ironic that we are the country out of these four who are miles ahead in the vaccination programme,but the only one who hasn't agreed to increase the capacity.You couldn't make it up.

It's pathetic, as is their refusal to even entertain having fans at the Scottish Cup Final. 

I can't wait to get independence, so i don't need to vote for the SNP again. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's pathetic, as is their refusal to even entertain having fans at the Scottish Cup Final. 

I can't wait to get independence, so i don't need to vote for the SNP again. 

Scottish Cup Final nothing to do with Scottish Government.....

SFA messed up on that one, as they have to hand Hampden over to UEFA middle of next month so UEFA can get Hampden decked out for the Euros (ie advertisement boards, notices and signs, hospitality sections etc etc etc) only for UEFA to turn around and say that the stadium is out of use while they do this work (that is why the FA shifted the FA Cup final back a week to the day before they are do to hand Wembley over).

Sounds from Scottish Government were that they were more than happy for the Scottish Cup final to be a "test" event (day of the Euro announcement, Jason Leitch was on Radio Clyde that night and sounded very confident on fans being at the cup final... only for news to break next day that UEFA had blocked it).

12 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Scottish Cup Final nothing to do with Scottish Government.....

SFA messed up on that one, as they have to hand Hampden over to UEFA middle of next month so UEFA can get Hampden decked out for the Euros (ie advertisement boards, notices and signs, hospitality sections etc etc etc) only for UEFA to turn around and say that the stadium is out of use while they do this work (that is why the FA shifted the FA Cup final back a week to the day before they are do to hand Wembley over).

Sounds from Scottish Government were that they were more than happy for the Scottish Cup final to be a "test" event (day of the Euro announcement, Jason Leitch was on Radio Clyde that night and sounded very confident on fans being at the cup final... only for news to break next day that UEFA had blocked it).

If only we had two massive stadiums a few miles either side of Hampden eh?

SFA are as useless as the SG in terms of facilitating the safe return of fans. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If only we had two massive stadiums a few miles either side of Hampden eh?

SFA are as useless as the SG in terms of facilitating the safe return of fans. 

I suspect if they can get guarantees of fans being allowed for a test event (which the SG have hinted at that they are open to the idea) that news may start to filter through on Monday about the final being moved to Ibrox or Celtic Park (and just happens to be the loser of Sundays match that gets picked......)

50 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I suspect if they can get guarantees of fans being allowed for a test event (which the SG have hinted at that they are open to the idea) that news may start to filter through on Monday about the final being moved to Ibrox or Celtic Park (and just happens to be the loser of Sundays match that gets picked......)

Good point. Also, throwing it in the mix as Hampden is out of action. 

Murrayfield. There said it. 

J

Just now, Bristolhibby said:

Good point. Also, throwing it in the mix as Hampden is out of action. 

Murrayfield. There said it. 

J

I think if test events need to be done for the Euros, they need to take place in Glasgow (a 12k crowd at a sporting event in Glasgow almost 18 months after the last time a crowd of that size took place at an event in the city) which probably would make Ibrox and Celtic Park have something of the upper hand.

Good chance we might see the semi finals of the Scottish Cup used as test events (ideal world would have seen 4k at the two semi finals and 8k for the final to get ready for 12k at the Euros).

This may be useful to some on here. Apologies if already common knowledge, I haven't read all 13 pages of this thread. I have tickets for all 4 Hampden matches and contacted the SFA asking for clarity on what to do before the 22nd April deadline to return tickets and whilst they couldn't provide any, they sent me the following:

Yes we are aware of members in a position like yourself and are awaiting a response, this was raised in the proposal sent last week as well.

As stated in the previous email once we have confirmation of the information we will share with our members.

I at least feel reassured that we should get some sort of update before we have to decide whether to return tickets to UEFA or not.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Interesting take on the situation from the Welsh perspective, with some bits here and there which could apply to us,

https://welshfootballfans.com/eatsleepfootyrepeat/r26726hyjyncfmw2xp8yz4cgtbedd2-45654-w5wpk-frssf-ffcrc-kkp97-hnjtt-drwcy-c3rew-2z4eb-6gtz3-g4pls-saht2-5bjp6

Oh my days! What a cluster.

Glad I’m not Welsh. In fact they will be praying for a switch in venue.

Guess we could also benefit if there’s a closed border in Croatia or Czechia.

Anyone have any ideas if locals from these countries have to quarantine on their return?

On 4/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, TA Torr said:

Hi,

Best Regards,

On 4/12/2021 at 10:49 AM, AlfieMoon said:

I didn’t get quite as many words in my response from SFA but I’ve fired off a contact form to UEFA now anyway.  

Response from UEFA provides zero clarity of whether existing tickets for Croatia vs Czechs would preclude SSC members from purchasing Wembley tix.  *groan*

Dear,

Thank you for your email.

We do not know yet the details of the sales for Scotland PNA. 

Further information about potential future ticket sales should be available in May 2021, including for fans of Hungary, North Macedonia, Scotland and Slovakia, which qualified through the play-offs in November 2020.

Best regards,
UEFA Ticketing Customer Service

Apr 12, 2021, 11:07 GMT+3 

Hi, 

I have tickets booked for Croatia vs Czech Republic at Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday 18th June. I obtained these tickets in the UEFA ballot. 

I also have the possibility of getting 1 ticket for England vs Scotland at Wembley, London on this same date. This would be via the Scotland FA supporters club, of which I am a member. I cannot yet be certain whether I will be allocated a ticket or not. 

The question I have is whether my pre-existing tickets for this date would restrict me from being able to purchase the England vs Scotland ticket on UEFA due to any T&C’s / restrictions. 

I would need to know this in order to make a decision on whether to cancel my existing tickets.

12 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Oh my days! What a cluster.

Glad I’m not Welsh. In fact they will be praying for a switch in venue.

Guess we could also benefit if there’s a closed border in Croatia or Czechia.

Anyone have any ideas if locals from these countries have to quarantine on their return?

At the moment its closed borders with almost the whole of Europe coming into the UK (not that it matters much, as there is only about 2/3 international flights a day in and out of Glasgow and Edinburgh) unless you want to pay £1600 for a hotel or £160 for a test (and then 10 days quarantine).

My Mrs is trying to plan a visit to Ukraine to visit her mum this summer, and the info is as clear as mud and seems to be open to interpretation (evening contacting UK Embassy Kyiv got a "we are not sure and do not recommend booking")

In coming days Boris is suppose to be announcing the traffic signal levels for European countries and what the process from coming into UK from any of them will be.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

At the moment its closed borders with almost the whole of Europe coming into the UK (not that it matters much, as there is only about 2/3 international flights a day in and out of Glasgow and Edinburgh) unless you want to pay £1600 for a hotel or £160 for a test (and then 10 days quarantine).

My Mrs is trying to plan a visit to Ukraine to visit her mum this summer, and the info is as clear as mud and seems to be open to interpretation (evening contacting UK Embassy Kyiv got a "we are not sure and do not recommend booking")

In coming days Boris is suppose to be announcing the traffic signal levels for European countries and what the process from coming into UK from any of them will be.

The thing as well is that the traffic lights can change in a matter of weeks.

I’ve got flights booked for the Denmark game in Copenhagen in September. Surely TF things will be ok by then.

Still doubtful of a full stadium, despite the fact that every member of the SSC would have had one if not two jags by then.

Things have got to go back to normal at some point!

J