Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

41 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

It's not a selected few though is it? It's those at the top of the loyalty points based on their loyalty. 

I stand corrected mam, apologies. I am not try to argue I'm merely saying we have a process that works very well and should stick to it. I respect what you are saying but moving the goal posts for any reason covid or otherwise doesn't sit well at all with me and it wont with many others. No doubt the powers at be will feel the same, they don't like problems and will see doing anything other than sticking to the loyalty points as creating problems.

No problem. Different opinions are perfectly normal else there would be no purpose to this board. 

I was only making a wee joke about the argument and the fact you can never win an argument with a woman 😊 

Press release from UEFA in last few mins.

As expected regarding tickets.

Scotland fans get to apply in early May 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0268-11fff5dff16f-4cf8e9e33935-1000--eight-uefa-euro-2020-hosts-confirm-matches-with-spectators/

Edited by wanderer

I’ll have enough points for all 3 games I think if they used the conventional points method per game. To be honest however that just isn’t right is it?! Given the disastrously low number of tickets they need to give as many people as possible he chance to see a game. Maybe do Wembley the traditional way and the Hampden games could be done using home points because not everyone has the time off, cash, circumstances that allow them to travel all over to watch Scotland.

Doesn’t confirm everything but does at least confirm there will be an allocation to the SFA and to away teams for all games (although fans need to decide whether to negotiate Covid/quarantine restrictions or apply for a refund). 

Suppose there’s also nothing to stop away fans making a quick buck from re-selling tickets privately. Hopefully not! 

So there’ll be another ballot for the already balloted UEFA public sale tickets. The Croats and Czechs will need to run a ballot for the tickets for they’ve already sold or cancel some based on their system. And the SFA will get some allocation to offer out in May based on their chosen criteria. 

37 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

I’ll have enough points for all 3 games I think if they used the conventional points method per game. To be honest however that just isn’t right is it?! Given the disastrously low number of tickets they need to give as many people as possible he chance to see a game. Maybe do Wembley the traditional way and the Hampden games could be done using home points because not everyone has the time off, cash, circumstances that allow them to travel all over to watch Scotland.

This. An unselfish opinion.

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

are the sale via the supporters club still subject to the ballot?

No confirmation from SFA yet but I’d assume it will be points system but fans have differing opinions on whether those with most points should get first dibs on tickets to every game.

Remains to be seen whether SFA deviate from that. 

These would be completely separate from UEFA ballot. 

1 minute ago, AlfieMoon said:

No confirmation from SFA yet but I’d assume it will be points system but fans have differing opinions on whether those with most points should get first dibs on tickets to every game.

Yeah. The way I am reading it is that the you could get a ticket from the SFA, but that could then still be taken away in the ballot. I dont think that can be correct however. Probably just badly worded on UEFAs page.

17 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Yeah. The way I am reading it is that the you could get a ticket from the SFA, but that could then still be taken away in the ballot. I dont think that can be correct however. Probably just badly worded on UEFAs page.

UEFA only allow you to apply once, so if you have been successful in the original sale, you will be unable to apply for one through the SSC, and even then there is still a chance you may lose out on your original ticket if unlucky when they start cutting.

34 minutes ago, wanderer said:

UEFA only allow you to apply once, so if you have been successful in the original sale, you will be unable to apply for one through the SSC, and even then there is still a chance you may lose out on your original ticket if unlucky when they start cutting.

Good point, you’d have to assume that there will be high pointers who bought tickets already, and wouldn’t end up with two.

Also, selling these tickets on won’t be as easy as previously. These are e tickets which will be named (rugby World Cup 2023 will be named e-tickets).

I can see ID checks for these games with timed entry to the stadium. Certainly was down here when Bath rugby played some games with fans last year. 

J

3 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

It would possibly be fairer to limit everyone to 1 ticket over the 2 games (3 if we get an allocation for Wembley) to let as many people as possible get to a game but to give those with the most points the chance to buy first so they get first choice of match. 

There will be lots of disappointed people regardless of how they do it.  

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It would possibly be fairer to limit everyone to 1 ticket over the 2 games (3 if we get an allocation for Wembley) to let as many people as possible get to a game but to give those with the most points the chance to buy first so they get first choice of match. 

There will be lots of disappointed people regardless of how they do it.  

I agree. That’s what would be my version or ‘fair’ but appreciate that others will have differing view. 

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Good point, you’d have to assume that there will be high pointers who bought tickets already, and wouldn’t end up with two.

J

Two in my group are like that. Would have been guaranteed through the travel club, but have them through the public sale for two of the hampden games. Now the thinking is they cant apply via the travel club, but could loose the ones they got in the public sale anyway. Is that correct?

29 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Two in my group are like that. Would have been guaranteed through the travel club, but have them through the public sale for two of the hampden games. Now the thinking is they cant apply via the travel club, but could loose the ones they got in the public sale anyway. Is that correct?

I would imaging the public sale tickets will be sorted before the SSC ones are sold. So if your mates lose out and get cancelled, can still go the Supporters Club.

If their tickets are upheld, then they won’t be able to apply to SSC tickets.

So I think I want as many high pointers who have public sale tickets to keep their tickets as possible to free up some SSC slots.

J

4 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Not sure if this has been clarified but is the 25% the Scottish Government’s line in the sand or if the Covid numbers continue to drop then is there any scope to further increase the capacity 

Would love it to be more. 

J

What would be the mechanism for UEFA blocking someone from having both ballot and SSC tickets? 

Is it just a data matching exercise? I can’t remember if they collected passport numbers - I imagine that would be the only true unique identifier. 

3 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

What would be the mechanism for UEFA blocking someone from having both ballot and SSC tickets? 

Is it just a data matching exercise? I can’t remember if they collected passport numbers - I imagine that would be the only true unique identifier. 

You have to buy your tickets through the UEFA website. Yes, IIRC you did need to punch in a passport number. Maybe the SSC will be collecting your passport numbers.

Its been so long since we’ve been at a tournament. I only just had a BT Cellnet mobile in 1998. 

My question is how UEFA knows what points you are on. 

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

7 hours ago, Tootiepaws said:

I've got 3 x 4 tickets for the second, third and fourth games at Hampden.

My message from UEFA states that the tickets will not be split up in a ballot. Its either four per game or none.

Makes sense.

J

10 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

When you set your profile up you have to give a passport number.

What’s probably going to happen is the SSC will send out a email where you have to register your interest to games, and those who have enough points get a unique code/link to the the UEFA ticket portal, where they can purchase their tickets.

If you have already purchased tickets and successful in the ballot, then you will be unable to complete your SSC purchase as UEFA will have your details and will show that you already have a ticket (even if you have a ticket for another game on that day it will not allow you to complete your transaction.... ie if you apply for a Scotland v Croatia ticket via the SSC, if you already have a ticket for Poland v Slovakia that day).

It’s basically to clamp down on touts purchasing loads of tickets and selling them on at inflated prices.

Edited by wanderer