Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Sounds like a few emails will be going out in coming weeks to tell people about their refund for their cancelled tickets.

image.png

This looks like great news for those of us whom are within 1-10 ish points,  In my opinion this seems like common sense is being used. I think it is the fairest way as those points have been challenging to rack up and feel those of us that have been attending home games to get 1 pt and an away game to get 2 pts over a long lasting period of time are getting some reward of our SSC membership.

I do not think anyone actually have tickets in hand from UEFA ballot. Will probably all be voided. Whatever happens after that will become clearer, April 20th seems the date. Re any tickets SFA get, points system simply is the only way to go. But 12,000 inside Hampen, abd many thousands packed into pubs makes no sense. Every person in risk groups will have been vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

I do not think anyone actually have tickets in hand from UEFA ballot. Will probably all be voided. Whatever happens after that will become clearer, April 20th seems the date. Re any tickets SFA get, points system simply is the only way to go. But 12,000 inside Hampen, abd many thousands packed into pubs makes no sense. Every person in risk groups will have been vaccinated. 

I do think that the tickets for each home game should be pulled together and distributed down the points system - as opposed to the same fans getting tickets to both home games. 

19 hours ago, wanderer said:

If that was to happen it will probably be the Scottish Cup semi and finals where that offer is extended out to, as the SFA can at least control that, while the Euros fall under UEFA's watch and would probably be up to them to ok it.

Just reading about how UEFA will effectively control Hampden from mid May and will not be allowing fans into the ground from then. If the SFA wants fans at that game then it looks like it will need to be in a different stadium. 

6 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I do think that the tickets for each home game should be pulled together and distributed down the points system - as opposed to the same fans getting tickets to both home games. 

I'd agree with that. I'd probably get all 3 games based on points but I'd be delighted with 1 hampden and Wembley and letting a lower pointer get a crack at a hampden ticket. 

A 12,500 (at max) Hampden is going to be cat pish, let's be honest.  I've got 2x via the UEFA ballot for both home games and would get via the points I'd imagine but genuinely not bothered about attending either game at all.

I'll probably go down the boozer with my mates instead.

21 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

If it were to be a loyalty points system would the same supporters be able to buy tickets for BOTH our matches ?

I am on 13 points so unlikely to get a ticket if we only get 2k. I accept that but I cant say I would be best chuffed if a small amount of the same fans were to get first access for both games. And I know I would feel the same if I was on 30 points. 

Sorry but no. At the risk of sounding like a selfish a hole here - I, like all others high enough in the points system are there because they have followed, they have gone home and away consistently enough to have built up their totals. I'm on 18 and that's been obtained over 7 or 8 years. Every member had the same opportunity to do the same or have even more.  It's not ideal there's a reduced capacity and it's unlucky some who may have got into a full Hampden now won't but it's not unfair, It's reasonable in the situation. We have a loyalty points system for this very reason to reward those in order of Loyalty. The offer of tickets should follow from highest points down for both games the way it's always done. If that means the buck stops at 19 and I get nothing, I'll be disappointed but it will be justified. 

5 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Sorry but no. At the risk of sounding like a selfish a hole here - I, like all others high enough in the points system are there because they have followed, they have gone home and away consistently enough to have built up their totals. I'm on 18 and that's been obtained over 7 or 8 years. Every member had the same opportunity to do the same or have even more.  It's not ideal there's a reduced capacity and it's unlucky some who may have got into a full Hampden now won't but it's not unfair, It's reasonable in the situation. We have a loyalty points system for this very reason to reward those in order of Loyalty. The offer of tickets should follow from highest points down for both games the way it's always done. If that means the buck stops at 19 and I get nothing, I'll be disappointed but it will be justified. 

Thats fine, thats how you feel and you are entitled to it. I just think differently and know that without a shadow of a doubt I would be happy getting tix for just one of the home games even  if I had enough points for both. Its been an utterly shit year for everyone and IMO the more supporters who get the chance to see our team play at Hampden at a major finals the better. There would be no hardship in watching one of the games in the pub , even that is a luxury. 

I do not think we will hear to much today.

Dublin and Bilbao are still pretty much up in the air, and Munich seems to be very quiet on what their answer will be.

Probably just a statement on what the restrictions for each stadium are, and details on capacities for each and when and how they plan to cut existing ticket allocations where they need to do so.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Not sure why you think 7 or 8 years is relevant.,thought they expired after an amount of games

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure why you think 7 or 8 years is relevant.,thought they expired after an amount of games

It's very relevant. Takes time to build up a level of points to get yourself in the position to be virtually guaranteed a ticket for every game.

As others have suggested sharing the tickets out willy nilly will give a ticket opportunity to all members on points including to guys who have say been to one Scotland game in their lives and it happened to be to one of the last 10 home games... What right have they got vs a guy on 13 points or 30 points for that matter to get one?

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats fine, thats how you feel and you are entitled to it. I just think differently and know that without a shadow of a doubt I would be happy getting tix for just one of the home games even  if I had enough points for both. Its been an utterly shit year for everyone and IMO the more supporters who get the chance to see our team play at Hampden at a major finals the better. There would be no hardship in watching one of the games in the pub , even that is a luxury. 

Yea and I get what your saying but you start messing with the points system you open up a can of worms.

Imagine there's a double away header vs Croatia and Czech for world cup qualifying which takes place in 2x20k stadiums and your on 10 points and I'm on 5. You've done all your shit with leave and bookings fully expecting to get your tickets for both games but the SFA move the goal posts and tell you you can only attend one as I need to get one despite having half the points you do? You won't find it fair and neither will others who fully (and rightly) expect tickets for BOTH Hampden games based on their current point totals.

9 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

It's very relevant. Takes time to build up a level of points to get yourself in the position to be virtually guaranteed a ticket for every game.

As others have suggested sharing the tickets out willy nilly will give a ticket opportunity to all members on points including to guys who have say been to one Scotland game in their lives and it happened to be to one of the last 10 home games... What right have they got vs a guy on 13 points or 30 points for that matter to get one?

Tyder63 has already made a very compelling argument for why an alternative approach might be considered. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Your caring and considerate approach does you credit Tidy, although I think that the 'fuck you Jack, I'm alright' attitude will prevail. I can't see the SFA risk offending their best customers by breaking with convention.

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

Your caring and considerate approach does you credit Tidy, although I think that the RULES SET BY THE SFA will prevail. I can't see the SFA risk offending their best customers by breaking with convention.

Makes alot more sense.

As I said, fair chance I'll miss out too. My fault though I could have avoided this by increasing my attendance over the prior games.

Edited by Mazziessc

7 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Makes alot more sense.

As I said, fair chance I'll miss out too. My fault though I could have avoided this by increasing my attendance over the prior games.

Same. I'm not having a go at you. I've no idea what I'll get if anything. If I was lucky enough to get more than one ticket though I'd be quite happy to pass on one, that's all I'm saying. 

27 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Yea and I get what your saying but you start messing with the points system you open up a can of worms.

Imagine there's a double away header vs Croatia and Czech for world cup qualifying which takes place in 2x20k stadiums and your on 10 points and I'm on 5. You've done all your shit with leave and bookings fully expecting to get your tickets for both games but the SFA move the goal posts and tell you you can only attend one as I need to get one despite having half the points you do? You won't find it fair and neither will others who fully (and rightly) expect tickets for BOTH Hampden games based on their current point totals.

I absolutely agree with your point in principle but this is not a normal situation and there is surely the opportunity to look at alternatives ? 
Do you really feel that a few selected people should get the opportunity to see both games , a couple of days apart, when so few tickets are being made available and therefore little chance of picking one up through a different channel ? If it was one game then it is a no brainer it has to be those with the highest points. 

I have been in the travel club for about 14 years and sat through every turgid match possible, up till about 3 years had enough points for tickets for most matches. Havent managed to get away to as many games since and now have 13 points but have still attended most of the home games. Many others will be the same, its not all Johnny Come Latelys that are on lower points.   

25 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

He has, I've also made very compelling arguments about why it absolutely should not. 

She has. Not he. So you know there is only one person going to win this argument dont you ? 😁

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

Your caring and considerate approach does you credit Tidy, although I think that the 'fuck you Jack, I'm alright' attitude will prevail. I can't see the SFA risk offending their best customers by breaking with convention.

Thanks Slasher, under normal circumstances I agree that rules are rules. But this is not and after a year where normal convention  is being broken all over the place I dont see why it cant be for a football ticket distribution. I do understand the other argument though,  I just dont agree with it on this particular occasion. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I absolutely agree with your point in principle but this is not a normal situation and there is surely the opportunity to look at alternatives ? 
Do you really feel that a few selected people should get the opportunity to see both games , a couple of days apart, when so few tickets are being made available and therefore little chance of picking one up through a different channel ? If it was one game then it is a no brainer it has to be those with the highest points. 

I have been in the travel club for about 14 years and sat through every turgid match possible, up till about 3 years had enough points for tickets for most matches. Havent managed to get away to as many games since and now have 13 points but have still attended most of the home games. Many others will be the same, its not all Johnny Come Latelys that are on lower points.   

She has. Not he. So you know there is only one person going to win this argument dont you ? 😁

It's not a selected few though is it? It's those at the top of the loyalty points based on their loyalty. 

I stand corrected mam, apologies. I am not try to argue I'm merely saying we have a process that works very well and should stick to it. I respect what you are saying but moving the goal posts for any reason covid or otherwise doesn't sit well at all with me and it wont with many others. No doubt the powers at be will feel the same, they don't like problems and will see doing anything other than sticking to the loyalty points as creating problems.