Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

How can all bets be off when FA’s have been selling them for over a year now? Imagine Croatians and Czechs will have sold theirs already.

Because exactly as you said, they need to get down to 12k ticket holders. 

Incidentally, UEFA sold their ballot tickets before the Czechs and Croats sold theirs. You’re making an assumption that they will prioritise and protect a certain entitlement to FA’s. I’m not making any assumptions as there are no defining rules for the situation we find ourselves in. 

We’ll not know anything until UEFA announce what’s going on. 

5 hours ago, wanderer said:

Imagine if UEFA give Scotland 2000 tickets to sell through the SSC, then they have to give the Croatians and Czechs the same, with any they do not sell put back into the public sale.

Croatians and Czechs will be getting hee haw. 

5 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

They will have to be offered the same as us. It may be UK based fans only though. 

I’m not sure if they will have to be offered anything. The tournament could easily be limited to home fans only. We’ll find out more on Friday I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not sure if they will have to be offered anything. The tournament could easily be limited to home fans only. We’ll find out more on Friday I suppose. 

Correct. 

Worth noting that there’s not been an ‘away’ fan within a UK stadium for 13 months now. That’s why I would reckon it’s a bit of a bold assumption that this is a ‘must do’ for UEFA. 

21 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Correct. 

Worth noting that there’s not been an ‘away’ fan within a UK stadium for 13 months now. That’s why I would reckon it’s a bit of a bold assumption that this is a ‘must do’ for UEFA. 

Good point. 12k to the SSC would be fine and dandy and would sell out in a heartbeat.

UEFA could crank the price up to £100 a ticket if they were being mercenary and they would still sell out. 

J

7 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Good point. 12k to the SSC would be fine and dandy and would sell out in a heartbeat.

UEFA could crank the price up to £100 a ticket if they were being mercenary and they would still sell out. 

J

Scotland are not the hosts, its UEFA (Hampden is just one of the venues) and nothing to do with the SFA/SSC (we need to try get this idea that just because Hampden is a venue that makes the SFA responsible for everything that happens to that side of things).

UEFA are selling the tickets for the tournament, not the SSC (all they will do is provide each member with a unique code that allows them to purchased tickets through UEFA).

Need to wait until Friday to see what happens, but I suspect there is a real chance that there will be a cut between the three fa's (we are in the lucky scenario that Hampden was chosen for our games.... but what about Welsh fans who need to travel to Roma and Baku, Finland fans who need to travel to St Petersburg and Copenhagen, Ukraine fans to Bucharest and Amsetrdam etc etc etc.... not many teams in the "lucky" position we are in) and time tickets for Sponsors and such are taken away, there will only be 7k left, which will needed to be split between everyone who has purchased a ticket through UEFA.

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Croatians and Czechs will be getting hee haw. 

Good chance they have already been selling tickets (Wembley Club, Englands answer to the SSC, sold about 16k tickets to each game at Wembley to their members last year after they had qualified) we are just in the awkward position where we qualified last and during the height of the pandemic.  

Edited by wanderer

If sturgeon takes a seat in a vastly reduced capacity hampden after not bothering her arse for years with games and after treating football fans like mugs for years then she will go right down in my estimation. 

Especially when loyal fans who haven't missed home games in years wlll get shafted.

9 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Correct. 

Will be split crowds at wembley next week.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If sturgeon takes a seat in a vastly reduced capacity hampden after not bothering her arse for years with games and after treating football fans like mugs for years then she will go right down in my estimation. 

Especially when loyal fans who haven't missed home games in years wlll get shafted.

Chances are a representative of the Scottish Government will probably be invited as a guest of UEFA from the tickets (rightly or wrong is another story) UEFA set aside for sponsors, local dignities and vip's (you really think Boris will not be at Wembley for all the England games and the final?) 

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Scotland are not the hosts, its UEFA (Hampden is just one of the venues) and nothing to do with the SFA/SSC (we need to try get this idea that just because Hampden is a venue that makes the SFA responsible for everything that happens to that side of things).

UEFA are selling the tickets for the tournament, not the SSC (all they will do is provide each member with a unique code that allows them to purchased tickets through UEFA).

Need to wait until Friday to see what happens, but I suspect there is a real chance that there will be a cut between the three fa's (we are in the lucky scenario that Hampden was chosen for our games.... but what about Welsh fans who need to travel to Roma and Baku, Finland fans who need to travel to St Petersburg and Copenhagen, Ukraine fans to Bucharest and Amsetrdam etc etc etc.... not many teams in the "lucky" position we are in) and time tickets for Sponsors and such are taken away, there will only be 7k left, which will needed to be split between everyone who has purchased a ticket through UEFA.

You have forgotten the foreign travel factor. Will the U.K. even be open come June for non essential foreign travel? And if we are there could be a 14 day quarantine. Is Czechia and Croatia not under similar non travel restrictions? Could UEFA not believe in the sake of getting fans in it needs to be restricted to home fans only to prevent travel. There’s not been away fans at footie for 13 months, why would June be different?

J

4 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

You have forgotten the foreign travel factor. Will the U.K. even be open come June for non essential foreign travel? And if we are there could be a 14 day quarantine. Is Czechia and Croatia not under similar non travel restrictions? Could UEFA not believe in the sake of getting fans in it needs to be restricted to home fans only to prevent travel. There’s not been away fans at footie for 13 months, why would June be different?

J

Not forgotten it, as at the moment we do not know what situation will be come June (at moment its all guess work).

I fully expect UEFA to offer Czechs and Croatians FA tickets.... as they will with the SFA.... question on if they can sell them is something completely different, and in the eyes of UEFA they at least "offered" and their hands are clean, with the bonus that any they do not sell go straight back to them to put in the public sale.

UEFA will go right out of their way to avoid showing favoritism, so there is no chance they will just hand over 12,000 tickets to the SFA to sell.

Edited by wanderer

53 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Chances are a representative of the Scottish Government will probably be invited as a guest of UEFA from the tickets (rightly or wrong is another story) UEFA set aside for sponsors, local dignities and vip's (you really think Boris will not be at Wembley for all the England games and the final?) 

Couldn't care less what Boris does. He dies plenty things sturgeon rightly doesnt follow.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Not forgotten it, as at the moment we do not know what situation will be come June (at moment its all guess work).

I fully expect UEFA to offer Czechs and Croatians FA tickets.... as they will with the SFA.... question on if they can sell them is something completely different, and in the eyes of UEFA they at least "offered" and their hands are clean, with the bonus that any they do not sell go straight back to them to put in the public sale.

UEFA will go right out of their way to avoid showing favoritism, so there is no chance they will just hand over 12,000 tickets to the SFA to sell.

THIS

UEFA have probably sold 20000 - 25000 tickets for each Hampden game on the portal. How many of them are Scotland or UK based? You can be certain some in the UK will have to hand their tickets back to facilitate the new allocations. If that allocation is 2000 for Czech/Croatia which aren't/can't get sold those 2000 will likely be offered back on the portal to those who had to return. 

There's noway SFA are getting more than whatever the initial offering is from UEFA

31 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

THIS

UEFA have probably sold 20000 - 25000 tickets for each Hampden game on the portal. How many of them are Scotland or UK based? You can be certain some in the UK will have to hand their tickets back to facilitate the new allocations. If that allocation is 2000 for Czech/Croatia which aren't/can't get sold those 2000 will likely be offered back on the portal to those who had to return. 

There's noway SFA are getting more than whatever the initial offering is from UEFA

Exactly, this is not OUR tournament, its UEFA's so we need to get our heads around the idea that they will remain neutral for as long as they can.

This means a equal share between us, Croatia and the Czechs.... if the Croatians and Czechs can only shift 150-200 of their 2000 share, then that is 1800 tickets that will go back to UEFA and redistributed in the public sale.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were not playing in Glasgow, it would be the exact same for the SFA that any tickets they were unable to sell would be returned to UEFA for them to put on general sale.

Criteria is 32% of the capacity gets split between the two FA's, so thats 16% each, which is just shy of 2000 tickets (take away 100 or so for commitments the SFA have to meet, which they do for every game) then probably talking 1900 tickets, and using the current points table there is 1000 on 19+ points, so probably talking 15 points for a ticket.

Edited by wanderer

18 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Exactly, this is not OUR tournament, its UEFA's so we need to get our heads around the idea that they will remain neutral for as long as they can.

This means a equal share between us, Croatia and the Czechs.... if the Croatians and Czechs can only shift 150-200 of their 2000 share, then that is 1800 tickets that will go back to UEFA and redistributed in the public sale.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were not playing in Glasgow, it would be the exact same for the SFA that any tickets they were unable to sell would be returned to UEFA for them to put on general sale.

Criteria is 32% of the capacity gets split between the two FA's, so thats 16% each, which is just shy of 2000 tickets (take away 100 or so for commitments the SFA have to meet, which they do for every game) then probably talking 1900 tickets, and using the current points table there is 1000 on 19+ points, so probably talking 15 points for a ticket.

I hope this is the case, but I posted on another thread earlier - I hope SFA stick to our loyalty points system and allocate accordingly. Something tells me it won't be that cut and dry. There's room/reason call it what you want for SFA to throw spanners in the work. I'm not getting at any emergency service, I fully appreciate their hard work through covid but just about every other country who has had fans in sporting events have given tickets away to professionals. Who's to say the SFA wont do something similar? You can be damn sure Nicola will at least have a conversation regarding it.

Edited by Mazziessc

1 minute ago, Mazziessc said:

I hope this is the case, but I posted on another thread earlier - I hope SFA stick to our loyalty points system and allocate accordingly. Something tells me it won't be that cut and dry. There's room/reason call it what you want for SFA to throw spanners in the work. I'm not getting at any emergency service, I fully appreciate their hard work through covid but just about every other country who has had fans in sporting events have given tickets away to professionals. Who's to say the SFA wont do something similar? You can be damn sure Nicola will at least have a conversation regarding it.

I suspect any tickets that go the way of the NHS will come out of the VIP tickets set aside (5% - host country / VIPs / UEFA... roughly 600) rather than out of the SFA's share.

2 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

One of the test events at Wembley is having a percentage of local residents from Brent & NHS staff.

If that was to happen it will probably be the Scottish Cup semi and finals where that offer is extended out to, as the SFA can at least control that, while the Euros fall under UEFA's watch and would probably be up to them to ok it.

If it were to be a loyalty points system would the same supporters be able to buy tickets for BOTH our matches ?

I am on 13 points so unlikely to get a ticket if we only get 2k. I accept that but I cant say I would be best chuffed if a small amount of the same fans were to get first access for both games. And I know I would feel the same if I was on 30 points. 

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

If it were to be a loyalty points system would the same supporters be able to buy tickets for BOTH our matches ?

I am on 13 points so unlikely to get a ticket if we only get 2k. I accept that but I cant say I would be best chuffed if a small amount of the same fans were to get first access for both games. And I know I would feel the same if I was on 30 points. 

From memory in 1998, everyone with points got a ticket for the Morocco and Norway games, and Brazil went to a ballot (but take in to account that the SSC was a much smaller beast back in the day).... next if you were in Tallinn for the game that never was, or Monaco, you got a Brazil ticket regardless of how many points you had), everything else went to ballot (few friends of mine who joined for Euro 96 never went to any away games, but some got Norway and others got Morocco tickets).

I imagine it will be points system, but the limited amount of tickets make it hard to really do anything like they did in 98.

Had it been a full house and we got 8,500 tickets, then there would be room to do that (basically that would have taken you down to 6 points and a few 5 pointers)

Edited by wanderer