Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

I think the problem is that Is going against the terms and conditions of the SSC, so I would be very shocked if they went a different route (end of the day there was never going to be enough tickets for everyone on the SSC).

Imagine 15 is probably the minimum required for the two games at Hampden, and might go as low as 10 for Wembley.

I would happily take a ticket for Wembley if it means i don't have enough points for the Hampden games. 

25 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

I would happily take a ticket for Wembley if it means i don't have enough points for the Hampden games. 

Thing is, probably 70-80% of people would take that option 😂 being honest, I am the opposite, I would happily give up Wembley if it meant getting to at least 1, if not both, of the Hampden games.

Dutch Government and FA have confirmed that they will follow the Danish and Romanian's with 25% crowds for Euro 2020 games in Amsterdam.

No word on what Scotland is proposing yet (take Keith Jacksons article with a pinch of salt for the time being....) but noticed the SSC were pretty fast to drop a "join the SSC" email this afternoon 🤔

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Dutch Government and FA have confirmed that they will follow the Danish and Romanian's with 25% crowds for Euro 2020 games in Amsterdam.

No word on what Scotland is proposing yet (take Keith Jacksons article with a pinch of salt for the time being....) but noticed the SSC were pretty fast to drop a "join the SSC" email this afternoon 🤔

Interesting point. Do they know something we don’t? For example all 12k tickets going to SSC members only? No away fans.

J

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

Interesting point. Do they know something we don’t? For example all 12k tickets going to SSC members only? No away fans.

J

There’s no way to plan for fans travelling in/out of the country IMO. 

How can that be in any way feasible when all the noises coming from government are that summer holidays are not happening? 

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Minimum I'm reading it as. Theyll only commit to 25% just now.

The positivity rate per 100,000 today is 49.5. And it’s 2 months until the Czech game. You’d like to think if the numbers improve even further there would be scope to increase the capacity further

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

The positivity rate per 100,000 today is 49.5. And it’s 2 months until the Czech game. You’d like to think if the numbers improve even further there would be scope to increase the capacity further

Aye I'd like to think so.

No reason not to. Over 99% of hospitalised patients are those over 50. Theyll have been well and truly vaccinated by then. Need to return to normality sometime.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No reason not to. Over 99% of hospitalised patients are those over 50. Theyll have been well and truly vaccinated by then. Need to return to normality sometime.

Nowt screams returning to normal more than Scotland getting beat in front of a crowd of 25-30k either 😂 

Edited by ThistleWhistle

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The hospital numbers are way down as well. The vast majority of all adults and vulnerable people will have had at least one does, maybe their second.

Just hoping this is a cautious approach by the SFA with a private hope they can get more in.

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

The hospital numbers are way down as well. The vast majority of all adults and vulnerable people will have had at least one does, maybe their second.

Just hoping this is a cautious approach by the SFA with a private hope they can get more in.

I think that’s getting towards the extreme optimism end of the spectrum. 

I stand by my prediction that June 2021 will be the safest month of all time to be alive in general and gather in large numbers specifically. Anything short of 100% capacity would be irrational. So hopefully the Government are led by the science as we approach the game.

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Saw somewhere that the highest rates at moment were in the 10-20 age bracket and that's before the schools go back.

Pretty sure the rate per 100,000 will be up by June, just a matter of how the government interprets the figures and how to handle them.

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just a side thought here but clearly some countries down to host matches are going to pull out and so I wonder if more matches will get pushed Scotland's way?

Only “iffy” ones look to be Baku and Dublin, almost everyone else has agreed to the 25%... talk Dublin are requesting 10% as an alternative.

If Baku was binned, i imagine it would be moved to somewhere like Vienna or Warsaw.

I got two tickets for Croatia game in the ballot. Thought it was worth taking the risk as we knew which group we would be in if we qualified. If we hadn’t qualified, I might still have gone anyway.

Dont really understand why so many people seem to think that the tickets people got in the ballot will all be cancelled?

30 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

I got two tickets for Croatia game in the ballot. Thought it was worth taking the risk as we knew which group we would be in if we qualified. If we hadn’t qualified, I might still have gone anyway.

Dont really understand why so many people seem to think that the tickets people got in the ballot will all be cancelled?

Games are most likely over subscribed as they are, and UEFA have an obligation to give each FA a cut of tickets.

Englands version of the SSC have sold 16,000 tickets for each game at Wembley a year ago.

We have just been in the awkward position that we qualified last and during the pandemic when everything is up in the air.

Unless UEFA only sold a few 1000 tickets, they are going to have to cancel tickets somewhere to get it down to 12,000.

31 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Games are most likely over subscribed as they are, and UEFA have an obligation to give each FA a cut of tickets.

Englands version of the SSC have sold 16,000 tickets for each game at Wembley a year ago.

We have just been in the awkward position that we qualified last and during the pandemic when everything is up in the air.

Unless UEFA only sold a few 1000 tickets, they are going to have to cancel tickets somewhere to get it down to 12,000.

UEFA have an obligation to FA’s to allocate tickets under the normal circumstances but all bets are off to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

UEFA have an obligation to FA’s to allocate tickets under the normal circumstances but all bets are off to be honest. 

How can all bets be off when FA’s have been selling them for over a year now? Imagine Croatians and Czechs will have sold theirs already.