Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

You can have my tickets when you prise them from my cold dead hands. 🥶

Haha!! I was thinking the same! 

Difficult one to balance considering vast majority of UEFA tickets are going to be domestic fans anyway and UEFA having been sitting with customers money in their bank for the past 2+ years. 

55 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Haha!! I was thinking the same! 

Difficult one to balance considering vast majority of UEFA tickets are going to be domestic fans anyway and UEFA having been sitting with customers money in their bank for the past 2+ years. 

UEFA will quite gladly refund your money, its the hospitality packages they don't want to have to refund.

2 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

UEFA will quite gladly refund your money, its the hospitality packages they don't want to have to refund.

I was more getting at the possibility of them stripping tickets away from ballot ticket holders to give the tickets to FA’s. 

After sitting with the money in their bank for 2 years that would be a kick in the teeth. 

23 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I was more getting at the possibility of them stripping tickets away from ballot ticket holders to give the tickets to FA’s. 

After sitting with the money in their bank for 2 years that would be a kick in the teeth. 

I think that's what will happen.

On s selfish personal note. Start afresh and open an empty stadium to ta point holders 

Phukk the ballot .

Ta first 😉😊

‘We've recieved a communication from FSE this evening.

Several of you will have noticed that the UEFA return portal has opened up. We would recommend you NOT to encourage fans and members to ask for a refund until later this week, where "fuller information" may be known

ATAC posted this on Facebook this evening. 

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

UEFA have said all along that the stadiums must hold at least 30% capacity. This however will include all the hospitality/corporate tickets no doubt.

I think the "at least" mentioned by UEFA is a bit they are insisting get added so they can add more tickets at the last minute should things improve enough here and there.

I think 12-15k for Hampden is probably about as good as we can expect, with probably 2,000 going to the SSC (a minimum of 15 points SHOULD be enough, but suppose we need to wait and see what is announced)

15 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

I think that's what will happen.

On s selfish personal note. Start afresh and open an empty stadium to ta point holders 

Phukk the ballot .

Ta first 😉😊

This.

Saying as much on Hibs.net 

Those that have watched dirge over the years should get their reward.

I didn’t even have WC 98 when I started travelling watching Scotland. 

Germany in Dortmund in 2004 for me.

J

3 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

What’s peoples thoughts on guaranteeing at least one game so those with points but not elite get to at least one game?

J

I think the problem is that Is going against the terms and conditions of the SSC, so I would be very shocked if they went a different route (end of the day there was never going to be enough tickets for everyone on the SSC).

Imagine 15 is probably the minimum required for the two games at Hampden, and might go as low as 10 for Wembley.

10 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think the problem is that Is going against the terms and conditions of the SSC, so I would be very shocked if they went a different route (end of the day there was never going to be enough tickets for everyone on the SSC).

Imagine 15 is probably the minimum required for the two games at Hampden, and might go as low as 10 for Wembley.

Annoyingly I’m on 9. In pre COVID land that would have been enough IMHO. Fingers crossed I get to at least one of the games.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

27 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

But will covid passports come in to play as well?

Boris seems to humming and hawing on these of late..... I think he was doing his usual testing the waters last week by dropping planted stories in the press and judging public reaction, as he was really toning down on these yesterday that you will not need them for every day events, just for travel.

10 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Boris seems to humming and hawing on these of late..... I think he was doing his usual testing the waters last week by dropping planted stories in the press and judging public reaction, as he was really toning down on these yesterday that you will not need them for every day events, just for travel.

Would travelling from say the north of Scotland to Wembley classed as non essential travel though?

6 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Would travelling from say the north of Scotland to Wembley classed as non essential travel though?

Most certainly not..... he knows he needs to put these in to place, but he knows himself that it will be deeply unpopular (yet most of Europe have ID cards and nobody is bothered)

34 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Most certainly not..... he knows he needs to put these in to place, but he knows himself that it will be deeply unpopular (yet most of Europe have ID cards and nobody is bothered)

I’m not bothered either. Took a lateral flow test this morning (negative).

If that’s all that required bring it on. Oh and give me the jag please.

J

47 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I'm just thinking that all restrictions are meant to end in England after the Wembley date.

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

It would be at present but it's over two months until the game. Non essential travel may be permitted by then.