Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

Yup - I'm East Dunbartonshire and our cases have risen in the last few days, too (jings, I wonder if there were any spreader events just over a week ago, errm...).

The ScoGov are working on the basis of those levels by June but they're not guaranteed and they'd be dead wrong to raise everybody's expectations the way the London Government have.

And, yes, as stated above, the papers are trying to pile the blame on the ScoGov. Hardly a big surprise.

Seems incredible that part of the Europe with the 2nd lowest covid rate and the highest vax level and the fastest roll out - having worked so hard to host matches in the first major tournament they have qualified for in decades is not pushing hard to add games never mind not lose games.

All efforts seem to be on looking for a football club to blame.

Whilst yesterday’s news was encouraging from SG , I am still doubtful we will see games at Hampden

its just a month till uefa need a decision no fans or delaying a decision means they take the games elsewhere .

SG will blame rangers fans if that is the case .

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Whilst yesterday’s news was encouraging from SG , I am still doubtful we will see games at Hampden

its just a month till uefa need a decision no fans or delaying a decision means they take the games elsewhere .

SG will blame rangers fans if that is the case .

Which is crazy. Scotland is best placed to host these games - all the Covid inc vax numbers are in our (and England and Wales's) favour.

We should be adding games.

• 3 weeks later...

This is topical again as UEFA want communication from host cities by this Wednesday 7th April what the plans for fans are.

I assume it still means no fans means no games , although appears that we may get 3000 tickets for wembley even in a 10000 limited crowd .

I think it’s touch and go whether NS gives the go ahead even for some crowds 2 months before .

Jason Leitch on BBC saying that he thinks there will be fans in Hampden for the games in June, assuming we all stick to the restrictions in the mean time. 

Get the feeling that the government will propose the bare minimum number of fans that Uefa will accept. 

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold already for the games?

I’ve got 2 tickets for the last group game against Croatia, applied in the ballot in 2019 before we actually qualified on the off chance we made it. Wondering how it will work, if for example they limit crowds to 5000 and 15000 tickets have been sold. Hopefully, the crowds will be fans first rather than suits/UEFA pish...

Does anyone know how tickets will be allocated if restricted capacity is allowed? As UEFA have already had a general sale will all original tickets be voided and new restricted capacity tickets allocated to SFA/FA to sell via their supporter clubs or will UEFA have a ballot between those that already have tickets for the games

1 hour ago, bisland boy said:

Does anyone know how tickets will be allocated if restricted capacity is allowed? As UEFA have already had a general sale will all original tickets be voided and new restricted capacity tickets allocated to SFA/FA to sell via their supporter clubs or will UEFA have a ballot between those that already have tickets for the games

Wondering the same mate. I have 11 points so i'm hoping i'll have enough to get tickets to all 3 games. 

5 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Would that mean everyone over 11 points would get a ticket? 

Potentially but I would be concerned a high percentage of tickets would go to corporate, players families etc, celebrity hangers on etc. 

15 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold already for the games?

I’ve got 2 tickets for the last group game against Croatia, applied in the ballot in 2019 before we actually qualified on the off chance we made it. Wondering how it will work, if for example they limit crowds to 5000 and 15000 tickets have been sold. Hopefully, the crowds will be fans first rather than suits/UEFA pish...

Yeah, I’ve tickets for Czech game and Croatia v Czech via UEFA ballot.  I hope these would be honoured for domestic fans although I’ve got enough SSC points to hopefully get them that way if that’s what happens. 

I think if games are approved for Hampden then UEFA either: 

1) Void all tickets already issued and distribute tickets to host FA’s to distribute. 

2) Honour a certain percentage of existing tickets already issued. All foreign ticket holders would have their tickets voided. A ballot could take place between the remaining ticket holders. 

Or a combination of both. 

Would be good to know what’s happening soon anyway. That’s a fair amount of time that UEFA have been sitting with money in the bank. 

3 test events at Wembley

The Carabao Cup final between Tottenham and Manchester City will have 8,000 fans in attendance after it was confirmed as a pilot event to test the return of big crowds.

A proportion of tickets will be made available to both clubs for the game at Wembley Stadium on 25 April.

The rest will be given to local residents in Brent and NHS staff.

Rick Parry, chair of the English Football League (EFL), said it was an "important milestone".

On 18 April, the FA Cup semi-final between Leicester City and Southampton will have 4,000 fans while the final on 15 May will welcome 21,000 spectators.

"This is an important first step towards getting fans back, with the end goal of full stadia - hopefully by the end of the men's Euros [in July]. We would like to thank all authorities for their support throughout this process."

On 4/3/2021 at 11:58 PM, adamntg said:

Yeah, I’ve tickets for Czech game and Croatia v Czech via UEFA ballot.  I hope these would be honoured for domestic fans although I’ve got enough SSC points to hopefully get them that way if that’s what happens. 

same boat

On 4/4/2021 at 12:50 AM, AlfieMoon said:

I think if games are approved for Hampden then UEFA either: 

1) Void all tickets already issued and distribute tickets to host FA’s to distribute. 

2) Honour a certain percentage of existing tickets already issued. All foreign ticket holders would have their tickets voided. A ballot could take place between the remaining ticket holders. 

Or a combination of both. 

Would be good to know what’s happening soon anyway. That’s a fair amount of time that UEFA have been sitting with money in the bank. 

Hopefully option 1.