Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

48 minutes ago, Warley Woods said:

Nicola is walking into a big Boris trap - loving the fact she can control when the population of Scotland can enjoy themselves or not and given that she hates football she is only too glad to deny us our once in a lifetime experience to see Scotland at home in a major finals. Boris will end up accelerating the end of lockdown as vaccine effect kicks in with full crowds at English stadiums and UEFA moves our home games to Newcastle, Manchester or Birmingham. Nicola’s approach to this has always been about politics (as is Boris’ of course) but she’s going to be outflanked if she doesn’t let up on the ‘only I can keep Scotland safe with my tough lockdown approach’. 

Thank you for going to the bother of registering for the site so as to enlighten us. 

50/50 chance we already know who you are, and if so go spread your words of wisdom in "anything goes"

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Let Westminster govern with pound signs their motive - that is the only reason they are pushing things and is the reason this has drawn on for so long and why the death toll has been so high. Holyrood are thinking purely of health matters which I find far less abhorrent than Westminster's motives.

Why has death rate been so high in Scotland? Just really really shite at their job, despite the best of intentions?

5 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Why has death rate been so high in Scotland? Just really really shite at their job, despite the best of intentions?

Away and bile your heid pal. And shite at their job? Aye right that is why they'll have a majority at the next election. Your minority of idiots will feed off the crumbs those being Boris' arse lickers and boot kissers.

32 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Away and bile your heid pal. And shite at their job? Aye right that is why they'll have a majority at the next election. Your minority of idiots will feed off the crumbs those being Boris' arse lickers and boot kissers.

Ha! No need to get emotional. 

Objectively Scotland has one of the highest death rates from covid in the world. And very poor health outcomes generally, relative to wealth, and considerably worse than England. 

I was just wondering how you think we managed such a terrible outcome with a government putting health outcomes ahead of everything else!? 

Either we haven't actually distinguished ourselves from England, in terms of policy, as much as you think or the government aren't very good at achieving their priorities. 

7 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Ha! No need to get emotional. 

Objectively Scotland has one of the highest death rates from covid in the world. And very poor health outcomes generally, relative to wealth, and considerably worse than England. 

I was just wondering how you think we managed such a terrible outcome with a government putting health outcomes ahead of everything else!? 

Either we haven't actually distinguished ourselves from England, in terms of policy, as much as you think or the government aren't very good at achieving their priorities. 

And do you know where there is a higher death rate? You have got it - England. You know the England governed by Westminster and your overlord Boris 'Stig of the Dump' Johnson. And perhaps if that incompetent arsehole had closed all borders nine months earlier than he did then Scotland's death rate (and England's) would have been a good deal lower.

19 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And do you know where there is a higher death rate? You have got it - England. You know the England governed by Westminster and your overlord Boris 'Stig of the Dump' Johnson. And perhaps if that incompetent arsehole had closed all borders nine months earlier than he did then Scotland's death rate (and England's) would have been a good deal lower.

Sounds like my man bojo is living rent free in your head 😜

And sorry to burst your bubble and all that, but Scotland has a significantly higher death rate than England. Have done for decades and shows no sign of getting any better. In fact, it's worse. 

3 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Sounds like my man bojo is living rent free in your head 😜

And sorry to burst your bubble and all that, but Scotland has a significantly higher death rate than England. Have done for decades and shows no sign of getting any better. In fact, it's worse. 

Not on COVID which we are discussing here and your fatherland is higher death rate than Scotland.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not on COVID which we are discussing here and your fatherland is higher death rate than Scotland.

Naw naw come on now. There is more to life and death than covid. Remember? Don't change the goal posts, you were talking about health outcomes and how focused the Scottish government are on them. 

Anyway, we should be led by the science and be planning for a full Hampden in June. And enough with this farting about. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Naw naw come on now. There is more to life and death than covid. Remember? Don't change the goal posts, you were talking about health outcomes and how focused the Scottish government are on them. 

Anyway, we should be led by the science and be planning for a full Hampden in June. And enough with this farting about. 

Eh no we are discussing the Euros and reasons for crowds in stadia. My stance being COVID is still rife and so the Scottish Government are taking the wise move of not diving in and saying crowds will be allowed in when we do not know what the situation will be. It would seem you are backing incompetent Boris in saying yes lets open the stadiums up and get all the fans. Totally irresponsible governing and I can guarantee that is not the advice his health advisors are giving him.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Eh no we are discussing the Euros and reasons for crowds in stadia. My stance being COVID is still rife and so the Scottish Government are taking the wise move of not diving in and saying crowds will be allowed in when we do not know what the situation will be. It would seem you are backing incompetent Boris in saying yes lets open the stadiums up and get all the fans. Totally irresponsible governing and I can guarantee that is not the advice his health advisors are giving him.

You'll have read my position. Which is for a full Hampden. 

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You'll have read my position. Which is for a full Hampden. 

In an ideal world I'd agree but a year of COVID has destroyed that ideal world and at present it is still some way off returning. But Boris isn't giving a crap about that he's promising things (like he did with Christmas) without stopping to think if it is practical or sensible.

24 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Can you not say crowds will be allowed and then not allow them, it seems the political thing to do.

2 hours ago, Warley Woods said:

Nicola is walking into a big Boris trap - loving the fact she can control when the population of Scotland can enjoy themselves or not and given that she hates football she is only too glad to deny us our once in a lifetime experience to see Scotland at home in a major finals. Boris will end up accelerating the end of lockdown as vaccine effect kicks in with full crowds at English stadiums and UEFA moves our home games to Newcastle, Manchester or Birmingham. Nicola’s approach to this has always been about politics (as is Boris’ of course) but she’s going to be outflanked if she doesn’t let up on the ‘only I can keep Scotland safe with my tough lockdown approach’. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

In an ideal world I'd agree but a year of COVID has destroyed that ideal world and at present it is still some way off returning. But Boris isn't giving a crap about that he's promising things (like he did with Christmas) without stopping to think if it is practical or sensible.

There is no such thing as an ideal world, unfortunately.

But what we do know is that June 2021 is much more ideal that at almost any other point in history.

Certainly far safer that Euro 96 or France 98. Years with higher death rates in the UK and globally than thankfully anything we've experienced on the last year.

And that's before we factor in a vaccine that is 90% effective and shot loads of UV light!

There won't be a better month than june 2021 for Scotland to party in history. But we are still feart.  

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can you not say crowds will be allowed and then not allow them, it seems the political thing to do.

Hopefully this is what will happen.  Although also hopefully crowds will ultimately be allowed. 

Just tell UEFA everything is barry for now. 

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

There is no such thing as an ideal world, unfortunately.

But what we do know is that June 2021 is much more ideal that at almost any other point in history.

Certainly far safer that Euro 96 or France 98. Years with higher death rates in the UK and globally than thankfully anything we've experienced on the last year.

And that's before we factor in a vaccine that is 90% effective and shot loads of UV light!

There won't be a better month than june 2021 for Scotland to party in history. But we are still feart.  

An ideal world was the before time - before COVID when full stadia were the norm. That has not been the case for a year now. The vaccine you speak of is not a cure more a protection and the younger generation won't have started getting it by then which means they could be infected by those who have had the vaccine. On top of that we have new variants cropping up every week which we do not know if the vaccine protects against. That is why caution is they way forward and nobody (just now) should be giving definitive answers like we have had in the past and yet things went tits up.

3 hours ago, Warley Woods said:

3 hours ago, Warley Woods said:

Totally correct.We are going to suffer because of her only I can keep Scotland safe political posturing.If Boris Johnson said two years,she would say three.How come cities like baku,copenhagen  etccan make a commitment to having crowds,while Scotland who are miles ahead with the vaccine distribution can't?It's an absolute discgrace.Purely political.

9 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

An ideal world was the before time - before COVID when full stadia were the norm. That has not been the case for a year now. The vaccine you speak of is not a cure more a protection and the younger generation won't have started getting it by then which means they could be infected by those who have had the vaccine. On top of that we have new variants cropping up every week which we do not know if the vaccine protects against. That is why caution is they way forward and nobody (just now) should be giving definitive answers like we have had in the past and yet things went tits up.

What other folk have said is correct, you plan based on the science (vaccine is highly effective and transmission low in summer). If the science changes then you need to re plan. You don't need definitives, but you do need a plan. 

Having a highly risk averse, wait and see approach is no good. You will be stuck in your house for the rest of life trying not to die. Only to find you do, in fact, die. And much faster than you thought or wanted. 

I'm not (despite the impression) all gun-ho. But we do need to move quickly when the science is on our favour. 

But anyway, we obviously have a different tolerance for risk that we will not argue ourselves around. 

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

What other folk have said is correct, you plan based on the science (vaccine is highly effective and transmission low in summer). If the science changes then you need to re plan. You don't need definitives, but you do need a plan. 

Having a highly risk averse, wait and see approach is no good. You will be stuck in your house for the rest of life trying not to die. Only to find you do, in fact, die. And much faster than you thought or wanted. 

I'm not (despite the impression) all gun-ho. But we do need to move quickly when the science is on our favour. 

But anyway, we obviously have a different tolerance for risk that we will not argue ourselves around. 

100% correct.If we don't make an effort to break free from all this,when we have the vaccine getting pushed out in vast numbers,then we never will.We need to be more positive,or this will become a way of life.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Craig, you’ve got more of a chance of dying from inactivity caused by lockdown if you are under the age of 50 than you are from Covid. By the end of May pretty much every adult will have been vaccinated, we need to get on with our lives. Covid will be around for the rest of our lives, we need to be realistic with the risks and start getting back to normal. That should mean full stadiums in June, if they aren’t full then why is it going to be any different in September or June next year for that matter. I’m no fan of Boris by the way but Nicola needs to loosen up or she’s going to be outsmarted by him.