Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could our games in Euros be moved from Hampden into England ?

DAVIDB46

25 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

From Twitter this afternoon and BEIN Sports journo

Tancredi Palmeri

@tancredipalmeri

BOOM!

Euro2021 very likely to be played solely in England as UEFA are opting for the one hosting country format and England is the one they believe being in best position to do so.

Decision expected to be taken within mid-April

Holt End Villa Park needing a 3-0 win and watching England on I phone hoping they do us a favour.

37 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

From Twitter this afternoon and BEIN Sports journo

Tancredi Palmeri

@tancredipalmeri

BOOM!

Euro2021 very likely to be played solely in England as UEFA are opting for the one hosting country format and England is the one they believe being in best position to do so.

Decision expected to be taken within mid-April

More serious point if it wasn't for devolution it would be uk wide.

It may turn out to be true but Tancredi Palmeri is an utter spoofer who talks some amount of guff.

I don't think he has any serious contacts in the game to have the inside track on that sort of info. Until any other serious journalists/outlets start spreading that info I'd take it with a massive pinch of salt.

So this thread very much has merit after all.

I knew this was likely , however I appreciate that these if  grand Boris targets don’t happen , it’s not progress.
The main issue of course if it’s all moved to England we will travel in big numbers tickets or no crowds , doesn’t matter .

2 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

It may turn out to be true but Tancredi Palmeri is an utter spoofer who talks some amount of guff.

I don't think he has any serious contacts in the game to have the inside track on that sort of info. Until any other serious journalists/outlets start spreading that info I'd take it with a massive pinch of salt.

I was about to say...isn’t this guy known for speaking shite on Twitter. 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

I get that but UEFA won’t allow things to drag on indefinitely , the Scottish science always seems to be different from everywhere else’s science .

SFA won’t be allowed a come back to us late may type approach 

That’ll be the science that means you’re 46% less likely to die of Covid in Scotland versus England. 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

My maths probably in't  what it used to be but is 0.1 % of 5 million  5000, if so can we  assume that every one in Scotland has had the virus

Not sure why people don't believe the figures, but excess deaths suggest we are miles past your estimates.

Figures released by countries are probably way under for political reasons but even they are already way past that figure.

Imagine 5000 was the death figure but we had a vaccine that had  a 85% success rate going by your figures I think that would mean expected deaths , would be 750. probably less than seasonal flu.

Again maths is probably not my best subject.

I did write a response but if it is off topic, I shall IM you as I genuinely want to talk about this topic.      

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

That’ll be the science that means you’re 46% less likely to die of Covid in Scotland versus England. 

maybe they will need to bring the England Games to Scotland as our Covid record and recovery is so much better.

3 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56203775

Party poopers! 

Hold all games in England as they will allow fans in the grounds, we'll play 2 games in Newcastle - stick that in your pipe and smoke it Nicola. 👍

People are getting way ahead of themselves. Boris said 10000 fans MIGHT be able to attend football matches in May. Whereas the Scottish government haven't given a date because they want to see further progress on the Covid front.

Some reports in the Associated Press this morning that Glasgow, Dublin and Bilbao face having their games moved elsewhere due to a lack of commitment to allowing fans in the stadiums.

The beginning of UEFA flexing their muscles. 

Don't see the Scottish Government giving a guarantee anytime soon of fans in the ground come June time.

1 hour ago, Lion Rampant said:

Some reports in the Associated Press this morning that Glasgow, Dublin and Bilbao face having their games moved elsewhere due to a lack of commitment to allowing fans in the stadiums.

The beginning of UEFA flexing their muscles. 

Don't see the Scottish Government giving a guarantee anytime soon of fans in the ground come June time.

Dont blame UEFA.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dont blame UEFA.

I'm not, I don't know where in my post I gave off that impression to be honest. They're obviously just beginning to put pressure on the respective governments to make a decision, as is their right I suppose.

If the Scottish Goverment won't allow fans in grounds come June 2021 then I can understand why UEFA would look to move the games to a location that will allow it.

That would be on the SG and as frustrating as it would be, it would be understandable.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Had a feeling it would turn out like this , with the levels being tightened when more , little chance of crowds at any football in Scotland anytime soon

Not according to Jason leitch.He seemed pretty positive about some sort of crowds at hampden

1 hour ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Had a feeling it would turn out like this , with the levels being tightened even more , little chance of crowds at any football in Scotland anytime soon

48 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Only way this can go forward as  it was set up to would be if only home country fans were allowed in. Only other way would be to have it all in England with no travelling fans.

Heck of a lot of the problems regards covid were travel related.

How would they allocate tickets to fans not from those countries?

Say Croatia v Czech Republic moves to Old Trafford. Would it be Man U season ticket holders who get first dibs, or just anyone with an English address.

If it’s the latter, I don’t see how Scotland fans couldn’t be allowed in. We are in a unique position of inhabiting the same Island.

In fact Johnson I’m sure would push for that in some sort of better together jamboree. Either way, I hope fans will be allowed in all games. And that if that is the case, we use SSC points to reallocate the reduced ticket numbers. 

J

Nicola is walking into a big Boris trap - loving the fact she can control when the population of Scotland can enjoy themselves or not and given that she hates football she is only too glad to deny us our once in a lifetime experience to see Scotland at home in a major finals. Boris will end up accelerating the end of lockdown as vaccine effect kicks in with full crowds at English stadiums and UEFA moves our home games to Newcastle, Manchester or Birmingham. Nicola’s approach to this has always been about politics (as is Boris’ of course) but she’s going to be outflanked if she doesn’t let up on the ‘only I can keep Scotland safe with my tough lockdown approach’. 

Let Westminster govern with pound signs their motive - that is the only reason they are pushing things and is the reason this has drawn on for so long and why the death toll has been so high. Holyrood are thinking purely of health matters which I find far less abhorrent than Westminster's motives.

Edited by Caledonian Craig