Whose going to play up front? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whose going to play up front?

Malcolm

36 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

McTominay and Armstrong have been scoring. 

Yes but not yet clear if McTominay will play that role for us in next matches. Armstrong has been bagging a few lately but would still be good to see the likes of Dykes,  Fraser,  Christie in amongst it also

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

concerned about this.  We are hardly prolific and lyndon dykes has now been dropped.  Looking like Patterson will be in the running.

I would prefer to think rested as he has started a hell of a lot of Championship games for a striker, in fact a decent rest in March would be best for us.

Quite alarming though if you look at QPR's stats for when he is on the pitch as opposed to off it, I am pretty sure they differ vastly and in a negative manner.

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I would prefer to think rested as he has started a hell of a lot of Championship games for a striker, in fact a decent rest in March would be best for us.

Quite alarming though if you look at QPR's stats for when he is on the pitch as opposed to off it, I am pretty sure they differ vastly and in a negative manner.

I take it that means they get better results when he's on the pitch?

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I take it that means they get better results when he's on the pitch?

Sorry other way around, they were winning yesterday he came on and they lost, last week they were drawing he went off and they won, game before that they were losing he went off and they won.

I really am looking for positives but I haven't found many all season, apart from when he plays for Scotland..

Norwich and Sheffield United should do a straight swap, one would stay up and the other would get  promoted. Funny what systems do to a player.

And yes that is me finally admitting McBurnie is not the answer.

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry other way around, they were winning yesterday he came on and they lost, last week they were drawing he went off and they won, game before that they were losing he went off and they won.

I really am looking for positives but I haven't found many all season, apart from when he plays for Scotland..

Norwich and Sheffield United should do a straight swap, one would stay up and the other would get  promoted. Funny what systems do to a player.

And yes that is me finally admitting McBurnie is not the answer.

Norwich and Sheffield United should do a swap? 

Sorry I don't understand what you meant there. Swap who?

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Norwich and Sheffield United should do a swap? 

Sorry I don't understand what you meant there. Swap who?

McBurnie for Dykes you honestly didn't notice that. One can perform and score in a 3-5-2 formation (Dykes) and the other one can't.

One can score at championship level in any back four formation(McBurnie) and the other one  cant

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McBurnie for Dykes you honestly didn't notice that. One can perform and score in a 3-5-2 formation (Dykes) and the other one can't.

One can score at championship level in any back four formation(McBurnie) and the other one  cant

Dykes plays for qpr. What's Norwich got til do with things?

The only issue is finding a way to fit the best players in the team.

Marshall

McTominay    Cooper     Tierney

Forrest     McGregor     Armstrong   Robertson

McGinn     Dykes     Fraser

What are you worried about?

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Marshall

If that is your line up you need Ryan Jack for Callum McGregor.

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Marshall

That line up is a possibility but there’s no chance Armstrong would play behind McGinn if you’re not playing Jack too. 

The two Olivers will be lucky to be in the next squads.

Scott McKenna hasn't played since late January. He won't be in the next squad.

Jack Hendry has to be in the squad. Oostende are now joint 3rd (3 points from 2nd) with Hendry being a key figure.

Ryan Gauld is one of the best performers in the Portugese top league, whilst playing for relegation fodder.

I'd also call up Turnbull and Gilmour.

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Marshall

I know your a fan of Fraser's, but I can't have him in the team ahead of Christie or Turnbull( you can decide which one). Fraser has been poor for months now.

Cooper, Tierney. Hanley and McKenna are all decent defenders so I can't see any reason not to have McTominay in midfield.

Mcginn has been playing deeper for Villa(not his best position but harder for him to get a place further forward there), so he can swap with Armstrong.

Forrest is probably as good an option as any at right wing back, if he is fit in time.

So Fraser and McGregor miss out in my 11. Hanley and Christie in.

Everyone seems to want Jack in, I'm not convinced.

McTominay McGinn and Armsrong are very good EPL players and I think that is the best way to get them in.

Clarke will play Gallagher, McGregor,Jack and O'Donnell though so what do I know.

4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Correct. Especially with McTominay behind him. We’d be ripped apart down our right side. 

Forrest has hardly ever played RWB and doesn't have much in his arsenal in terms of defence. 

If have odonnell before him at rwb if that was the choice.

14 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Forrest has hardly ever played RWB and doesn't have much in his arsenal in terms of defence. 

If have odonnell before him at rwb if that was the choice.

O’Donnell has the jersey for now so he’s our first choice. A lot of people seemed to have binned Gallagher from their first 11, another one who has been solid for us and never let us down.

(I’m basing this on Scotland’s last few games, not club form).