Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ma wife bought it.. 2 weeks for delivery. Olympics here I come.. !!!👊👊👊😘💪💪💪🤣🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Fucking hell, it arrived this mornin, and look at me already..  Fuckin hell man, lookin braw Ramy...💪💪💪

Resized_P1.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, phart said:

Exactly Pride, you can't out train a "bad diet" unless doing tour de france levels of output.

I've lost 156lb since about september 2019. Just from walking and running and counting calories. No other things needed.

In saying that last night i had a donner calzone and a pizza supper, and right now i'm waiting on a curry to be delivered but decided to treat myself this weekend.

I'm going to start bulking up now though, just use bodyweight some resistance banks , dumbells and a kettlebell i have.

All the fancy stuff is just marketing in my head, same with the diets but whatever works for you, works.

 

 

This is what I have been doing since new Yr. I'm going for the slow but steady wins the race approach, looking to drop about a pound a week. I've balanced it with a bit of weight training, so will put on some lean mass. So far so good, I'm down about 4lbs. 

I can't help but think this would all go a lot quicker if I cut out the red wine and white chocolate on my day off tho 🙄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slasher said:

This is what I have been doing since new Yr. I'm going for the slow but steady wins the race approach, looking to drop about a pound a week. I've balanced it with a bit of weight training, so will put on some lean mass. So far so good, I'm down about 4lbs. 

I can't help but think this would all go a lot quicker if I cut out the red wine and white chocolate on my day off tho 🙄

 

Haha, Slasher, ma wife is a Somelier, and she loves red wine. It is good for you as long as you drink responsibly and make sure it no Buckfast...😉🍷🍷

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Haha, Slasher, ma wife is a Somelier, and she loves red wine. It is good for you as long as you drink responsibly and make sure it no Buckfast...😉🍷🍷

Can't stand the BTW. 🤮

Looking to get down to ma fighting weight of 13 St, 14 the now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, slasher said:

Can't stand the BTW. 🤮

Looking to get down to ma fighting weight of 13 St, 14 the now. 

Had buckfast only once, in a taxi on the way to ibrox. I was nearly sick, its horrible stuff.. Back to losing weight. I am on heavy equipment now at work, and I love it, only thing is you sit most of the day operating the equipment. So what I do now is when I am not needed or on a break, I go up and down the stairs at ma work, 2 flights. It makes a big difference believe me mate. It really all comes down to dedication. You want the weight off, exercise, anywhere you can..

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bonzo said:

That's no a bowflex?

Aye, it's the total gym. Got it wrong. Still looks good though. We read alot of reviews and my wife wanted to give it a go, so why not. Aye, the real bowflex is around £2000.00. No thank you..

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I have climbed 350 steps, in 3 sessions at work today in construction boots. Fuckin legs feel like cement...😳 This is gonnae take a while. I have always been in top shape, in my football days as I was "The Scotsman".. Now I'm like "2 Scotsman". So out of shape. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye, it's the total gym. Got it wrong. Still looks good though. We read alot of reviews and my wife wanted to give it a go, so why not. Aye, the real bowflex is around £2000.00. No thank you..

Total gym you use your own bodyweight as resistance? We used to have one, unfortunately it became somewhere to hang jackets :blush:. We gave it away. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bonzo said:

Total gym you use your own bodyweight as resistance? We used to have one, unfortunately it became somewhere to hang jackets :blush:. We gave it away. 

Correct.. The higher the incline, the more weight you lift. We have a weight machine in the basement my eldest son uses, this will go in our master bedroom.. I think..🤣

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a spin bike, hadn't really used it much since we moved house about a 18 months ago, been back on it recently and hoping to get back running when the snow disappears in the next few days. need to loose some leg and belly fat and be fit for 5s starting again hopefully in the summer. cutting down on eating shite and drinking beer is the difficult bit, i enjoy the exercise but it's pointless if i'm still eating shite

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Got a spin bike, hadn't really used it much since we moved house about a 18 months ago, been back on it recently and hoping to get back running when the snow disappears in the next few days. need to loose some leg and belly fat and be fit for 5s starting again hopefully in the summer. cutting down on eating shite and drinking beer is the difficult bit, i enjoy the exercise but it's pointless if i'm still eating shite

Spot on Kirk. My wife was a nutritionist for 16 years, and she has told me that umpteen times. I would go for a 5km walk, then get hame and have a diet coke and some pizza or chicken wings or sommit. She would look at me with disbelief and I would say.. "Whits the problem hen, ah just done a 5km walk". Just because you exercise, does no mean you can fill yir pie hole wae shite, which I was doing...🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2021 at 12:42 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Here it is. It was shipped today. Mrs Ramy is excited, ahm shittin masell..🤣

Wahay!!! Mrs Ramy just rang, it is at the house. Cannae fuckin wait. Scotlands striker problem solved

 I'll be fit as fuck come June... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍👍👍👍💪💪💪💪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

15lbs , 1 stone lost in 3 weeks. No soda, no crisps, no chocolate, listening to Neil Lennon, and  5,000 steps climbed a week, and drinking only water.. No easy, but I'm sticking to it.. 🙂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Off to the gym this morning for a gruelling 2 hour workout, cardio, then weight lifting. Worked out yesterday on our new training machine with Mrs.Ramy, feeling the best I've felt in years lately.. There is something about getting back in shape when you been off it for a long time.. My eldest son had a few pals over last night, so my wife made nachos a curried dip, crisps, beer, pop, the lot. I refused to eat or drink any of it. It really comes down to how bad you want it.. It wasn't easy, but you have to stick to the diet.. Boiled eggs on dry toast this morning, workout, then the Celtic match..🙂🙂🙂🙂.  HAve a great day folks...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, dandydunn said:

I’ve been working out a lot recently and I’m really pleased with how great I look. The looks I get strolling down Union St in my ass-less chaps are worth it. 

6E4E4B98-511C-438D-8509-D8625B3B1CAD.thumb.jpeg.6353fac3f0da9342062ef42bf36a1c3c.jpeg 

 

Jesus Christ, give us strength Ramy mark 2. 🙄

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I start work at 730am, we have a gym at ma work. This morning I went in at 545, did a full 60 minutes on the treadmill. Shirt soaked, and ma legs feel like concrete just now.. Mate was telling me you only shed body fat when you pass the 30 minute mark, I am I to cardiac arrest at 30 min, but I see what he meant by staying at it. I was soaked in the end which tells me I have made progress. No easy though, good thing for earbuds and ACDC this morning..Same again the morra morning.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said before cycling is my drug of choice but I've hardly been out on the bike since Christmas. So yesterday I decided to get my erse in gear and get back on the road, just under 40 miles yesterday and 28 today. I like to get around 100 miles a week in and the nights are getting lighter so nae excuses. 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've started running again after 5 months off. Did 10k last saturday and 10k yesterday with a few shorter runs during the week.

Need to sort out some strength training as well. split squats, thrusts, romanian dead lifts, pistol squats etc. Then some upper body stuff as well.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...