Aberdeen’s new stadium. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen’s new stadium.

10 hours ago, Andy C said:

Indeed. Up out of my scratcher in South Yorkshire at 6am, on the road before 7 to get to Aberdeen for half one, pick up rowies, game, then home for midnight if lucky?  That was scarcely sane when I had the season ticket in 2016/17, nae chance I'd be doing that right now, lockdown or not.

At the moment, as Uncle John from the Broch would say, "I widna ging the length o' masel".

Fair play to anyone making that journey to watch aberdeen 

I can't see mcinnes lasting much longer. 

19 hours ago, Andy C said:

Indeed. Up out of my scratcher in South Yorkshire at 6am, on the road before 7 to get to Aberdeen for half one, pick up rowies, game, then home for midnight if lucky?  That was scarcely sane when I had the season ticket in 2016/17, nae chance I'd be doing that right now, lockdown or not.

At the moment, as Uncle John from the Broch would say, "I widna ging the length o' masel".

I once drove from east staffs with my lad to watch Rangers at Aberdeen. We lost 2-0  Painful. 2007  I think. 

47 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

So it has took the council this long to decide they may want the stadium at the beach? I know it is Aberdeen council but how much time have they wasted looking elsewhere.

That would have far too easy although it has always been so obvious. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, EddardStark said:

Think I have seen play at Pittodrie 10 times. Only one win. Prytz scored the winner. 

Seen Thistle win twice there in a season!

The daft top/bottom 6 fixtures allowed a 3rd away game and an Aberdeen win.  

Not really read the whole thread but hope Aberdeen get that stadium.  I think I had my first pube when it was in the newspapers first time around. 

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Latest “artists impression” in EE today has new stadium located on prom just north of beach ballroom …..

the last image of hotel/climbing centre area general space

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/new-aberdeen-stadium-on-cards-as-part-of-integrated-masterplan/

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Would the stadium design remain identical to the previous location and capacity too?

I d imagine so ; cut n paste job … difficult to see on that image ; but assume the same design - even closer to the north sea though ….

looks like beach blvd is pedestrian only too …. Am sure its great on the ramblas etc …. But lot of the time will be windswept and not for hanging around

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Would the stadium design remain identical to the previous location and capacity too?

They reckon about 18,000, which is more than enough. 

I think it’s a great area to have it, let’s face it, the majority of games are going to be cold and windy, wherever it’s situated and it won’t have all the open gaps that pittodrie does. 

Unfortunately, I couldn’t trust the council to run a tea party, never mind plans of this magnitude, they’ve already shown their incompetence down that area this week. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I think it’s a great area to have it, let’s face it, the majority of games are going to be cold and windy, wherever it’s situated and it won’t have all the open gaps that pittodrie does. 

Unfortunately, I couldn’t trust the council to run a tea party, never mind plans of this magnitude, they’ve already shown their incompetence down that area this week. 

The other site (at Toryglenn?) has that run into enough protests then about building on greenbelt land?

54 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The other site (at Toryglenn?) has that run into enough protests then about building on greenbelt land?

Westhill site ? 

has training complex on it already

i don’t believe protests were that much considering; just appeared a few westhill nimbys

i feel is the introduction of dave Cormack and his vision of (stateside) family day out entertainment ( the beach ) and the council offering to pony up

4 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Westhill site ? 

has training complex on it already

i don’t believe protests were that much considering; just appeared a few westhill nimbys

i feel is the introduction of dave Cormack and his vision of (stateside) family day out entertainment ( the beach ) and the council offering to pony up

I don't what made me think of Toryglenn. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Am sure 18k be enough majority of time ; but tbh got a bit of a mental block of us dropping below 20k - feels like dropping down a league almost ; when been 30k in my lifetime…

if dave cormack is aiming for 15 k season ticket holders ( i know …) that doesnt leave much for randoms & away fans?

agree on the council

ive always thought the sharpest tacks headed into corporate/ o&g business and we re left with the B squad

23 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Am sure 18k be enough majority of time ; but tbh got a bit of a mental block of us dropping below 20k - feels like dropping down a league almost ; when been 30k in my lifetime…

if dave cormack is aiming for 15 k season ticket holders ( i know …) that doesnt leave much for randoms & away fans?

Yep

41 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It also limits us on the big domestic and European games.

The simple fact is that’s theres not enough people go to watch aberdeen that can justify a 20k+ stadium. 

Too many old firm and epl fanboys, so smaller capacity is good, less of the ugly sisters get in, the better, I’d make the maximum capacity of the away end between 500-1000.