Aberdeen’s new stadium. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen’s new stadium.

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Some councillors want the stadium built down at the beach and I'd assume any stadium is on hold because finances are going to be very tight 

Correct on both counts. 

The council want to try and facilitate a place closer to the beach, the new stadium was out on hold indefinitely last year due to finances. 

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Where are the council getting the money. Thought they were near bankrupt?

No idea. They probably don't know either!

25 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Why are they so keen to get it built near the beach?

Something about regenerating the whole area of the city and Aberdeen FC being key to that. As vanderark14 has said, I would imagine the prospect of 10k+ fans being in the town every second weekend is seen as good for businesses rather than all those people heading out of town to Westhill. Shame no-one thought of that 20 years ago or whenever this new stadium idea was first mooted.

47 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Why are they so keen to get it built near the beach?

Because the lassie leading this particular choir stays out Westhill way and doesn’t want it there, doesn’t care where else it goes really, as long as it’s not on her doorstep..........allegedly 👀

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Shame no-one thought of that 20 years ago or whenever this new stadium idea was first mooted.

Quite.  Won't be the same experience without parking up at Beach Boulevard and being practically blown to the stadium, unable to feel my ears.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Where are the council getting the money. Thought they were near bankrupt?

Maybe Aberdeen city council have been promised the same funding per head from goverment as the rest of Scotland has received for years but that'll never happen.

24 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Maybe Aberdeen city council have been promised the same funding per head from goverment as the rest of Scotland has received for years but that'll never happen.

If you lot would stop voting Tory, the SG might start to be a wee bit more generous. :lol:

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

Quite.  Won't be the same experience without parking up at Beach Boulevard and being practically blown to the stadium, unable to feel my ears.

You won’t get to park there 😂😂

Thats where it’ll be going if it goes ahead. 

Ironically, you’ll probably have to park beside pittodrie 🤣

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

As an away fan I'd certainly prefer it there than a 2 hour walk from the city centre. 

Eh? 2 hrs, its only up king Street, try walking on your feet instead of your hands 😜

Edited by jcs

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

You won’t get to park there 😂😂

Thats where it’ll be going if it goes ahead. 

Ironically, you’ll probably have to park beside pittodrie 🤣

Going mad in my old age - I meant the Esplanade!  Always park there.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

No point building a new stadium while mciness is in charge because nae cunt will want to watch that pish

Indeed. Up out of my scratcher in South Yorkshire at 6am, on the road before 7 to get to Aberdeen for half one, pick up rowies, game, then home for midnight if lucky?  That was scarcely sane when I had the season ticket in 2016/17, nae chance I'd be doing that right now, lockdown or not.

At the moment, as Uncle John from the Broch would say, "I widna ging the length o' masel".