Young players to watch - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Young players to watch

SkyBlueScot

25 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I can picture his agent saying “Go on son, remember you’re two footed, that’s what I telt the stats people”. 

"Telt"?

Firstly, First Access Sports aren't Scottish, they're English. (with players from Chelsea and Southampton on their books)

And secondly, I highly doubt a reputable footballer agency would give out falsified information.

But you crack on. You do you.

Edited by Taylor1996

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

"Telt"?

Firstly, First Access Sports aren't Scottish, they're English. (with players from Chelsea and Southampton on their books)

And secondly, I highly doubt a reputable footballer agency would give out falsified information.

But you crack on. You do you.

Not sure why you’re dishing out the insults. Crack on. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Doig on Doig: “My right foot is all right but I try not to move the ball on to it too much. If I do, I just shut my eyes and do the best I can!”

Stats site: Two-footed. 

Yeah. 

He said it's alright. It would be a different if he said that his right foot was atrocious. 

And I didn't insult you.

You're just arguing against every source that says he's two footed.

For the record, I've never even seen him play, which is why I'm not talking him up.

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yeah. 

He said it's alright. It would be a different if he said that his right foot was atrocious. 

And I didn't insult you.

You're just arguing against every source that says he's two footed.

For the record, I've never even seen him play, which is why I'm not talking him up.

Two-footed means equally confident with both feet. I’ve seen him play, and the player has seen him play, and he’s not two-footed.

Who said he was “atrocious”? Not me. 

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Two-footed means equally confident with both feet. I’ve seen him play, and the player has seen him play, and he’s not two-footed.

Who said he was “atrocious”? Not me. 

Then you might have to tell SofaScore, etc.

Read it again.

I said "It would be a different if he said that his right foot was atrocious.".

No one said he was atrocious. 

5 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

He does say "My right foot is allright".

That's good enough for me. ;)

Oh. Talking of footedness. The people giving me pelters for not knowing the strongest foot of some Scotland players players, I hope they watched "MOTD: Top 10 Center Halves" last night, as Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer thought that John Terry was left footed.

Next, the same old people will be pulling me up for not knowing the players parents names, or what year players were born or which Primary School they attended. 😛

I would say that those two don't morons know their ar*e from their elbow.  To say Doig can use his right foot certainly does nor mean he can play as a right back. Any decent left international midfielder will know exactly where a player's weakness is. Back up right back should go to Patterson not Doig.

• 3 weeks later...

Have seen an article on not the old firm saying there will be a training camp for the under 21s with possible games, players mentioned as likely in are 

Slicker Man city 

Clayton Liverpool 

Doing Hibs and now Hibs Mackay

Joseph Wigan

Anderson Newcastle

Urain Atheletico Bilbao 

Hopefully others that have done well like Fiorini, Holsgrove, Ashby and King. 

Just now, syecosse said:

Have seen an article on not the old firm saying there will be a training camp for the under 21s with possible games, players mentioned as likely in are 

Slicker Man city 

Clayton Liverpool 

Doig Hibs and now Hibs Mackay

Joseph Wigan

Anderson Newcastle

Urain Atheletico Bilbao 

19 minutes ago, syecosse said:

Slicker Man city 

Clayton Liverpool 

Doing Hibs and now Hibs Mackay

Joseph Wigan

Anderson Newcastle

Urain Atheletico Bilbao 

Be good if the Anderson one is true, especially. He was being courted by England. I would like the U21s to play in exactly the same sytem as the big team, so that it becomes easier to slot in when the youngsters are promoted.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Be good if the Anderson one is true, especially. He was being courted by England. I would like the U21s to play in exactly the same sytem as the big team, so that it becomes easier to slot in when the youngsters are promoted.

Ah well squad announced no Anderson in there or Ashby and Holsgrove. Apparently Anderson has not committed to either, would imagine the fact England have a lot of young attacking players in similar positions may mean Scotland could have a chance. 

2 hours ago, syecosse said:

Ah well squad announced no Anderson in there or Ashby and Holsgrove. Apparently Anderson has not committed to either, would imagine the fact England have a lot of young attacking players in similar positions may mean Scotland could have a chance. 

Holsgrove now too old?

7 hours ago, syecosse said:

Holsgrove is too old bud. You need to have turned 21 in the calendar year that qualifying starts. He turns 22 in September.

Ashby has had a few injury problems and I've not seen anything about England with him. He also retweeted Maxwell and McIntyre recently who he is in the Scotland set ups with. England also have about a hundred RBs at the minute at every level.

1 hour ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Nice one to follow, sounds a real talent.

Think your right about Ashby, got injured just before our qualifier against Greece & I'm not sure he has played for West Ham since. 

Only seen him play for 20 or 30 minutes for the under 21 but i liked the look of him, small but looked pretty fast, strong & skilful. It might be a bit daft at this stage to compare but looked a similar style to Keiran Trippier. If he turns out anywhere near as good as him we could end up having endless debates on here about how we get  Patterson & Ashby in the same team. 

Ready when your are Taylor😉🤣

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Should be in our under 21 squad you’d think? 

You would wouldn't you.

Often wonder if our "scouts" miss players. 

Lets be honest though is he in our "name every one under 20 that has ever kicked a ball and might become a good player"  thread.

Edited by ceudmilefailte