Young players to watch - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Young players to watch

SkyBlueScot

25 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:
  • Was just about to post the same. 6ft 4in and supposedly very good with both feet (and hopefully hands). 

Hopefully promising Norwich also have Mccracken who also signed a deal not long ago, Wolves have signed a Hibs youth keeper, Slicker at Man city seems number 1 for under 23s, Rangers seem to have  a few out on loan hopefully 1 or 2 can kick on and answer our Hope for keepers to come through. Add a promising striker Hibs young striker training at Leeds Laidlaw. 

1 hour ago, syecosse said:

Hopefully promising Norwich also have Mccracken who also signed a deal not long ago, Wolves have signed a Hibs youth keeper, Slicker at Man city seems number 1 for under 23s, Rangers seem to have  a few out on loan hopefully 1 or 2 can kick on and answer our Hope for keepers to come through. Add a promising striker Hibs young striker training at Leeds Laidlaw. 

Slicker is an interesting one, indeed. The fact he volunteered himself sounds good. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kid-cieran-slicker-20734600.amp

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, mccaughey85 said:

kieron bowie seems to be scoring alot for fulham u18s. Obviously not a great standard but hes scored 13 in 17 games so he could be half decent.

Would be more excited if he was at least getting game time in their under 23s but do t think he is?

Bit of a left field suggestion but someone from the SFA should put the feelers out to 17 year old Charlie McNeill at Manchester and find out if he's eligible.

He scored 600 goals for Manchester City at youth level in 7 seasons.

Edited by Taylor1996

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

Not needed, as Tierney would be the back up left back/wing back should there be a problem with Robertson. I’d sooner see us bring in a player in a different position with a chance of playing. 

I agree with that. I was meaning the squads Taylor does make, I’d rather Doig took his place. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

I agree with that. I was meaning the squads Taylor does make, I’d rather Doig took his place. 

Yes, fair enough. I’d like to see Paterson, Hickey and maybe Ashby competing for the right side post-Euros. In fact post-Euros I’d like to see quite a few players embedded in the squad, and some others phased out. 

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He does say "My right foot is allright".

That's good enough for me. ;)

Oh. Talking of footedness. The people giving me pelters for not knowing the strongest foot of some Scotland players players, I hope they watched "MOTD: Top 10 Center Halves" last night, as Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer thought that John Terry was left footed.

Next, the same old people will be pulling me up for not knowing the players parents names, or what year players were born or which Primary School they attended. 😛

Edited by Taylor1996

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

He does say "My right foot is allright".

That's good enough for me. ;)

Oh. Talking of footedness. The people giving me pelters for not knowing the strongest foot of some Scotland players players, I hope they watched "MOTD: Top 10 Center Halves" last night, as Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer thought that John Terry was left footed.

Next, the same old people will be pulling me up for not knowing the players parents names. 😛

So you’re hedging your bets by calling them two-footed now...