Young players to watch - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Young players to watch

SkyBlueScot

Ryan Duncan Aberdeen apparent well thought of and only 16 I think.

i would still throw Jason Kerr in to mix I think he’s 23 but for me, way better than Ryan Porteous. 

Robbie Ure the striker at Rangers

Dire Mebude winger for Man City

Josh Adam midfielder at Man City 

Was interesting reading about Cameron Redpath( yes I know not football) but for anyone who follows Rugby, played for England up until the under 20s but has committed to Scotland level at senior, his dad was a Scotland International, England wanted him, but he says that the development in England was better for him, big win for Scotland as he is very talented, no backlash hatred about his decision but respect, but looking at comments about Davie Weirs boy for example completely different from some fans, we do not know if these guys are fully committed to England so may still change,maybe even Dembele but saying that he wants out of Celtic supposedly. 

44 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He looks really good in that video especially for a 17 year old. Just a shame he's in a position that we are really strong in. 

Hard to tell how quick he is. The way he receives the ball is quite like Ryan Kent or Snodgrass. They both come deep but can also play further up the park. I’m not sure the video tells us what his best position will be. 

17 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Mochrie seems to be one of those rare players who makes the game look easy. 

With the financial situation at Dundee United, I can see him and other lads being prepped to become the first team next season. Could be good long term for them. Dundee United seem to have a fantastic crop of young players coming through atm.

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

With the financial situation at Dundee United, I can see him and other lads being prepped to become the first team next season. Could be good long term for them. Dundee United seem to have a fantastic crop of young players coming through atm.

I would think some of the crop could be acquired at bargain prices in the current window by less financially threatened clubs. 

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, stitch said:

Anyone know how Morrison is doing at Bayern. There defence is bad at the moment and I know they like to play youngsters so was hoping he was moving up the pecking order. 

Dont know but United Centre half Kerr Smith, only 16 in December, came on for his debut today at Ibrox. Very highly rated. The likes of Man U, Everton and Villa wanted to sign him on his 16th birthday but he chose to stay at Tannadice. Looks a very big lad for 16

10 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Dont know but United Centre half Kerr Smith, only 16 in December, came on for his debut today at Ibrox. Very highly rated. The likes of Man U, Everton and Villa wanted to sign him on his 16th birthday but he chose to stay at Tannadice. Looks a very big lad for 16

Smith, King at Rangers & Morrison are the highest rated young CBs we’ve had coming through in a long long time 

1 hour ago, stitch said:

Anyone know how Morrison is doing at Bayern. There defence is bad at the moment and I know they like to play youngsters so was hoping he was moving up the pecking order. 

He's in their Under 19s.

20 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Smith, King at Rangers & Morrison are the highest rated young CBs we’ve had coming through in a long long time 

Add Neilson of Dundee United and Hamilton of Hamilton to the mix.

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Stephen Welsh at Celtic has only just turned 21 and is starting to get games at Celtic.  Already looks miles better than the Rep. of Ireland captain.

If you aren't already, these Twitter accounts are well worth following -

I second that. All great accounts to follow. 

10 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Stephen Welsh at Celtic has only just turned 21 and is starting to get games at Celtic.  Already looks miles better than the Rep. of Ireland captain.

That's good to hear. The more promising center backs we can adds to the pile, the more chance of one of them turning into a top defender. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:12 PM, PASTA Mick said:

I thought he looked pretty poor/average at best anytime I've seen him play. Being better than Duffy isnt counting for much