Elliott Anderson. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Elliott Anderson.

Archiesdad

14 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

Scotland boss Steve Clarke sends scout to run rule over Elliot Anderson

Newcastle United youngster Elliot Anderson is interesting former Toon coach Clarke.

From Newcastle chronicle. Anyone know anything him? 

18 year old. Born in England but has represented Scotland at international youth level i believe. Plays in the midfield. That's all i know about him anyway...

Anderson promoted to the Newcastle 1st Squad earlier this season after impressing Steve Bruce 

Has represented Scotland at various age groups! However, Engerland are now sniffing about him as he has shown great potential..... 

Another young player where Scotland need to show more interest and cajole him into playing for the Dark Blue 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Don't think he even got a touch tonight but he did well in when he came on in the cup game against Arsenal.   He looks a decent sized athletic lad who is apparently comfortable with both feet. Nice to see Clarke taking a serious interest in him, they must think he has a real chance of stepping up if they are watching him already.

Fingers crossed having 2 ex Newcastle guys Carver & Dillon on our coaching staff will help him commit to us.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/elliot-anderson-newcastle-scotland-scout-19647315

Saw him when he came on against Arsenal in the cup.

On the ball he's kinda like McTominay. Looks like he's got quick feet.

Plays attaching midfield for the Newcastle u23s.

He's a player that we should consider for the WC qualifiers. Besides, wouldn't hurt to tie him down. I would also test Scott Bank's resolve, by calling him up.

9 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Don't think he even got a touch tonight but he did well in when he came on in the cup game against Arsenal.   He looks a decent sized athletic lad who is apparently comfortable with both feet. Nice to see Clarke taking a serious interest in him, they must think he has a real chance of stepping up if they are watching him already.

Fingers crossed having 2 ex Newcastle guys Carver & Dillon on our coaching staff will help him commit to us.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/elliot-anderson-newcastle-scotland-scout-19647315

He reminded me slightly of Ross Barkley. 

If Anderson and Banks commit to Scotland hopefully they will be in the next u21 squad and Gemmil is not picking Ayr players(no disrespect to them) but the u21 squad could be very strong with the likes of Hickey, Holsgrove, Patterson, mcintyre, Joseph, mckinstry. Whatever squad Gilmour is I'm. 

11 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Saw him when he came on against Arsenal in the cup.

On the ball he's kinda like McTominay. Looks like he's got quick feet.

Plays attaching midfield for the Newcastle u23s.

He's a player that we should consider for the WC qualifiers. Besides, wouldn't hurt to tie him down. I would also test Scott Bank's resolve, by calling him up.

Banks & Anderson are years from a call up 

Edited by ProudScot

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

I don’t think Anderson is. A Newcastle first team player? Months away, more like. 

Hes came off the bench a couple times in the last 5 minutes. Gilmour has starred in nearly every game he’s played in & he’s not yet a certain call up according to our manager.

I think Anderson is a long way off yet.