League over.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League over....

Congratulations to the decent rangers supporters on this fine board on behalf of masell. League title handed to you on a silver platter... Its over.. I hope to fuck that clown Lennon never manages another Celtic match as long as he lives. If he loves Celtic as much as he sais he does, then he will fuckin resign.. Out of Europe, out of LC, lost the league in only January.  And most important, taking his fuckin football club on holiday to Dubai, bringing back "covid" as a souvenir, while the rest of Scotland try and cope with a deadly pandemic... Get to fuck !!! 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Congratulations to the decent rangers supporters on this fine board on behalf of masell. League title handed to you on a silver platter... Its over.. I hope to fuck that clown Lennon never manages another Celtic match as long as he lives. If he loves Celtic as much as he sais he does, then he will fuckin resign.. Out of Europe, out of LC, lost the league in only January.  And most important, taking his fuckin football club on holiday to Dubai, bringing back "covid" as a souvenir, while the rest of Scotland try and cope with a deadly pandemic... Get to fuck !!! 

'Decent Rangers supporters' is an oxymoron 😉. Otherwise, a surprisingly accurate factual summary and opinion piece. Would read again.

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The only thing that would improve your post would be to demand the removal of that clown Lawwell with immediate effect.

Not only is he ultimately responsible for this season's utterly pathetic attempt to retain the title, he has also caused the club to be dragged through gutter this past week and given everyone with any interest in Scottish football an easy target to (rightly) have a real go at Celtic. All the criticism that has been aimed at the club is entirely merited.

He has made the club look stupid, ignorant, arrogant and pathetic.

His behaviour is simply inexcusable and his position is now entirely untenable. If Celtic are to retain any shred of credibility, Desmond needs to bin him forthwith.

43 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I know we imploded after Christmas last year but can't see us chucking it away. I always felt we'd have a decent chance with Lennon at the helm. You need to move on, on the plus side Turnbull looks a decent signing and seems to have been a bit of light in the gloom of recent weeks.

52 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

The only thing that would improve your post would be to demand the removal of that clown Lawwell with immediate effect.

Not only is he ultimately responsible for this season's utterly pathetic attempt to retain the title, he has also caused the club to be dragged through gutter this past week and given everyone with any interest in Scottish football an easy target to (rightly) have a real go at Celtic. All the criticism that has been aimed at the club is entirely merited.

He has made the club look stupid, ignorant, arrogant and pathetic.

His behaviour is simply inexcusable and his position is now entirely untenable. If Celtic are to retain any shred of credibility, Desmond needs to bin him forthwith.

Agreed.. Add Lawell..👍

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Think this guy agrees Ramy. 

52 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Think this guy agrees Ramy. 

He is not wrong in what he is saying though.

The conspiracist in me thinks Celtic never wanted to win the league. Just look at the goings on, it is a total shambles. On the plus side they probably speed the departure of Stevie G as he'll become a living legend for stopping 10IAR then trot off to England. Might be they see him as a threat...🤔

Despite everything, Celtic have only lost two games and that form would normally win them the league. I don't think it's done yet but it'll be interesting to see if they stick with Lennon until the end of the season.

Some of this team will leave, some they'll want to leave and some like Brown are done. The lad Soro looks good, Turnbull is quality but they look like they need more than a few new signings. Will they want Lennon involved?

Celtic just haven’t tested Rangers bottle at all, and they look in disarray at the moment. They gave Livi at the weekend who are absolutely flying with half a squad out due to the insane decision to fly to Dubai.

(I’m guessing due to the incubation period Jullien was probably infected before Dubai, making it all the more crazy that he was anywhere near the rest of the squad given he is injured. )

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Celtic just haven’t tested Rangers bottle at all, and they look in disarray at the moment. They gave Livi at the weekend who are absolutely flying with half a squad out due to the insane decision to fly to Dubai.

(I’m guessing due to the incubation period Jullien was probably infected before Dubai, making it all the more crazy that he was anywhere near the rest of the squad given he is injured. )

Or infected potentially on the way out to Dubai, either way, I'd suggest that for him at least, there's no way you can spin it that it's either in the letter or the spirit of the regulations.    

I reckon most teams would have easily beaten Celtic last night, Hibs created plenty of chances but their last ball and delivery - particularly from set pieces - was woeful until the 90th minute and they scored.

Livi have won the last 8 games in all competitions on the bounce - 9 after tomorrow - as you say they are flying.

Celtic are not a bad side. They were unlucky against Rangers as they dominated, I think the main thing the Celtic fans are pissed off with is the decision to go to Dubia.  I think that was the icing on the cake apart from possibility of losing 10.  Funny old game and like Fairbairn it is never over until it is over.  So I won't count my chickens.  Nicola might hault the league.  Footballers able to travel all over when no one else can.  Be interesting to see her statement today.

The decision to award lennon with a contract and a but at ten in a row was the start of their downfall.

He is not and never has been a good manager. A competent manager would be level with the huns right now anf the OF fans would be creaming themselves about helicopter sundays.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The decision to award lennon with a contract and a but at ten in a row was the start of their downfall.

He is not and never has been a good manager. A competent manager would be level with the huns right now anf the OF fans would be creaming themselves about helicopter sundays.

I disagree I think he is a good manger and has matured since his first stint at Celtic.  Don't think he will be a great one like Stein or Shankly but I do think he is good.  But can't see him lasting after end of the season.  But I think Celtic are  back to the biscuit tin mentality.  Rangers took a chance on Gerrard and it is now paying of at home and in Europe.  Celtic need to do the same.  Still think McIness is the right man for the job at Dons.  Just money talks I think.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Far be it from me to stick up for Rangers normally, but they’ve a much better record this year than Celtic have had in any season other than the unbeaten one. That doesn’t mean Celtic aren’t a shambles or that Lennon is an acceptable manager but Rangers need to be given a lot of credit for how consistent they’ve been.

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

Far be it from me to stick up for Rangers normally, but they’ve a much better record this year than Celtic have had in any season other than the unbeaten one. That doesn’t mean Celtic aren’t a shambles or that Lennon is an acceptable manager but Rangers need to be given a lot of credit for how consistent they’ve been.

I wasn't being critical of the huns, they have learned from last season, they now know how to win when playing poorly and grind out results. They've got the league in the bag but I do believe Celtic with their resources and a competent manager would be neck and neck with them

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I wasn't being critical of the huns, they have learned from last season, they now know how to win when playing poorly and grind out results. They've got the league in the bag but I do believe Celtic with their resources and a competent manager would be neck and neck with them

What he said..  great post.

First and foremost, it is always Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, then Celtic for me.. The league is over, it's that simple. I am not gutted about not doing 10IAR, I am gutted about how we threw it away.. The board knew how important it was to the supporters to win 10IAR, they didnae give a fuck.. They have their millions of dollars, the cheap option in charge, what do they care... I dont blame the support for being upset. It's a joke. These supporters give their hard earned money to season books, travel, merchandise, and so on. They deserve a quality side on the park.. Lennon, who I love his passion, is not the answer. We could have won this league this season with the right man at the helm. I fuckin hate Gerrard, but he has turned rangers around, and is a better manager at current than Lennon.. Celtic are in a mess, and it wont be a quick fix. I will support my club till the day I die, just sad it's being run by money grabbing bastards...

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

First and foremost, it is always Scotland🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, then Celtic for me.. The league is over, it's that simple. I am not gutted about not doing 10IAR, I am gutted about how we threw it away.. The board knew how important it was to the supporters to win 10IAR, they didnae give a fuck.. They have their millions of dollars, the cheap option in charge, what do they care... I dont blame the support for being upset. It's a joke. These supporters give their hard earned money to season books, travel, merchandise, and so on. They deserve a quality side on the park.. Lennon, who I love his passion, is not the answer. We could have won this league this season with the right man at the helm. I fuckin hate Gerrard, but he has turned rangers around, and is a better manager at current than Lennon.. Celtic are in a mess, and it wont be a quick fix. I will support my club till the day I die, just sad it's being run by money grabbing bastards...

Why do you hate Gerrard?

What do you do if you are the Celtic board now? I think its fair to say that Lennon wont be the manager next season and that several of the bigger assets will be looking to move on.

Do you sack Lennon now and give the new manager 6 months to bed in and get ready for the Champions League qualifiers? Do you sell the assets now and try and get in replacements to give them time to settle aswell?

Aberdeen are only 5 points behind having played a game more. Should they make abit of investment to tey and get an unlikely 2nd place which in turn could transform their finances?

I think the most likely scenario is to keep Lennon on but announce he will leave at end of season. Do nothing on players, some leave in summer and Celtic then really struggle in qualifierd due to a new manager and not having replacements in and up to speed.