Free Beer - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 hours ago, phart said:

So I went with some Leffe Brune, fuck me losing over 150lb and stopping drinking for a year has fucked up my tolerance. I'm 1 big bottle in and feeling it pretty heavy.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

One of them is equivalent to about 50ml of pure alcohol. That's about 5 vodkas or 3 cans of lager. That's a third of your weekly recommended allowance. I got caught out in Paris once drinking pints of some really good beer. I didn't know at the time, but it turned out it was about 8%. I was wasted after about three pints.

That’s what Mr Tidy drinks. I had no idea it was that strong. He sits there all pious as well telling me he has only had 2 drinks as I neck back a bottle of wine 😡

49 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That’s what Mr Tidy drinks. I had no idea it was that strong. He sits there all pious as well telling me he has only had 2 drinks as I neck back a bottle of wine 😡

You're probably still having twice as much as him. Cut him some slack and tell him he can have 3 bottles next time. If you are going to bully him about his drinking habits, it's no wonder that he resorts to deviousness. :lol:

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

You're probably still having twice as much as him. Cut him some slack and tell him he can have 3 bottles next time. If you are going to bully him about his drinking habits, it's no wonder that he resorts to deviousness. :lol:

😂 cheeky bassa what on earth would make you think I bully him 😬 We need to be nice to each other now my daughter and have boyfriend have bought a flat. On our own for the first time in 30 years. If you think I am on here too much as it is, its only gonna get worse .

Anyway what do you mean drinking double. A bottle of wine isnt the equivalent of 20 vodkas.  

He also likes Efes dark beer which is Turkish, but it isnt easy to get here. 

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 cheeky bassa what on earth would make you think I bully him 😬 We need to be nice to each other now my daughter and have boyfriend have bought a flat. On our own for the first time in 30 years. If you think I am on here too much as it is, its only gonna get worse .

Anyway what do you mean drinking double. A bottle of wine isnt the equivalent of 20 vodkas.  

He also likes Efes dark beer which is Turkish, but it isnt easy to get here. 

It's a well know fact that people who drink a lot, under report how much they consume. All medics know this, and factor that in when making a diagnosis. Folk who say they drink a couple of glasses a night, really mean a bottle. Folk who say a bottle really mean two. I made an assumption that you would be on the reasonably strong 13% stuff. Two bottles at 13% = 19.5 units. If you're drinking that every night you, are easily in alky territory. 

34 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's a well know fact that people who drink a lot, under report how much they consume. All medics know this, and factor that in when making a diagnosis. Folk who say they drink a couple of glasses a night, really mean a bottle. Folk who say a bottle really mean two. I made an assumption that you would be on the reasonably strong 13% stuff. Two bottles at 13% = 19.5 units. If you're drinking that every night you, are easily in alky territory. 

😂 , err where exactly did i say i drink a bottle every night ?

I am very honest about my drinking , dont see the point in lying as I know i probably drink too much anyway. I dont drink Mon-Wed at all. Usually have half a bottle a night Thu- Sun, but it has sometimes crept towards 3/4 bottle at the weekend. Rarely drink a full bottle unless we are out or have friends in. I know its more than I should  but its the only vice I have . You need to have something to enjoy 😕

Edited by TDYER63

29 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 , err where exactly did i say i drink a bottle every night ?

I am very honest about my drinking , dont see the point in lying as I know i probably drink too much anyway. I dont drink Mon-Wed at all. Usually have half a bottle a night Thu- Sun, but it has sometimes crept towards 3/4 bottle at the weekend. Rarely drink a full bottle unless we are out or have friends in. I know its more than I should  but its the only vice I have . You need to have something to enjoy 😕

Aye, right. Just keep this number handy, just in case.

0800 9177 650

On 1/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, dj mick said:

FFs, ye could advertise a big steamin jobby for free and charge £2 postage and cunts would still buy it,, a think

you should take that idea to dragons den, your entrepreneur In the making

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, dandydunn said:

It’s not too bad actually, doesn’t taste like a 9.5 beer. Had many horrific ones at the Brewdog agm, this is quite drinkable, more so than the double punk which is 8.2% imo. 

If you like some of the Brewdog pales and IPAs it's worth checking out Pilot Brewery in Edinburgh and Vocation in Yorkshire if you aren't already familiar.

30 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

If you like some of the Brewdog pales and IPAs it's worth checking out Pilot Brewery in Edinburgh and Vocation in Yorkshire if you aren't already familiar.

Picked up 4 cans of Hop, Skip & Juice a few weeks ago from Tesco. They were lovely. Don’t think I’ve had anything from Pilot, yet....

Will keep an eye out for it 👍🏽

Duno if it's been mentioned but Beer52 doing a free 8/10 pack just pay delivery of £5.99 (something like that) Got mine at the weekend and theyre pretty decent, canny complain for the cost. Just need to cancel the subscription now. Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...