Season 21-22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Now we're 9 years away from a possible 10 in a row (do Celtic & Rangers have an unwritten agreement not to go beyond 9 & keep all the glory hunters happy?) where is the excitement going to come from next season? As ropey as Celtic have been nobody has beaten either of them in the League this season and 2 teams in the Champions League is only going to make the already massive gap bigger than ever surely? 

Dave Cormack has spoken about cross border leagues but I don't see how finishing miles behind the pair of them in an Atlantic League would be any better than the current set up? Are Rangers & Celtic fans happy just to continue scooping up all the titles unchallenged for evermore? I saw a few Celtic fans leaving Pittodrie after winning the League the other year and they looked like they'd just seen a mid table 0-0 draw.

I don't know the answers but my interest levels are dropping rapidly.

20 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

Now we're 9 years away from a possible 10 in a row (do Celtic & Rangers have an unwritten agreement not to go beyond 9 & keep all the glory hunters happy?) where is the excitement going to come from next season? As ropey as Celtic have been nobody has beaten either of them in the League this season and 2 teams in the Champions League is only going to make the already massive gap bigger than ever surely? 

Dave Cormack has spoken about cross border leagues but I don't see how finishing miles behind the pair of them in an Atlantic League would be any better than the current set up? Are Rangers & Celtic fans happy just to continue scooping up all the titles unchallenged for evermore? I saw a few Celtic fans leaving Pittodrie after winning the League the other year and they looked like they'd just seen a mid table 0-0 draw.

I don't know the answers but my interest levels are dropping rapidly.

I’m looking forward to hearing champions league music at pittodrie. 

Assuming it’s played in the qualifiers?

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I have a feeling that Dave Cormack is going to end up being a Vladimir Romanov Mk. II.

What gives you that feeling? 

I only ask because i dont see much similarities except they are both club chairman

• 2 weeks later...