Our squad today - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our squad today

Burj_Alba

11 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Read this on the BBC website about the KIrin Cup, seemed like a fun tournament.

But look at the squad, even with any possible withdrawals, we are light years away from some of these players.

Steven Caldwell, Ian Murray, David McNamee???, I could go on. 

The future is bright.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52611568 

Just shows you what a great manager can do doesn’t it 

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Read this on the BBC website about the KIrin Cup, seemed like a fun tournament.

But look at the squad, even with any possible withdrawals, we are light years away from some of these players.

Steven Caldwell, Ian Murray, David McNamee???, I could go on. 

The future is bright.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52611568 

I would hardly say light years. Our squads of recent years have had some guys playing English league 1 and Scottish Championship. In the past 20 years we have always had guys in our squad who were just squad fillers who will never be regulars. Guys like considine, Mcginn, shankland etc In 15 years we will probably look back and shudder at the thought of Mcginn or mcgillivray. 

Our squads now are a little bit stronger and we have more star quality but that squad still has some decent players. 

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would hardly say light years. Our squads of recent years have had some guys playing English league 1 and Scottish Championship. In the past 20 years we have always had guys in our squad who were just squad fillers who will never be regulars. Guys like considine, Mcginn, shankland etc In 15 years we will probably look back and shudder at the thought of Mcginn or mcgillivray. 

Our squads now are a little bit stronger and we have more star quality but that squad still has some decent players. 

yep and was being only a year or so after the depths we plummeted to with Vogts where every player and their maw was capped. This saw our ranking fall to 86th...

By the by, who the feck is Iain Turner?

10 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

yep and was being only a year or so after the depths we plummeted to with Vogts where every player and their maw was capped. This saw our ranking fall to 86th...

By the by, who the feck is Iain Turner?

He was a long serving 2nd/3rd/4th choice goalkeeper at Everton. Now retired.

Levein also called him up once or twice.

Are these “confused” emojis there to signify you don’t understand my post or are they an indication that you’re unsure of your sexuality? Are you a non-binary, gender-fluid person? It seems like something  a “lady-boy” would do.