Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, funny and accurate.  

Decent result for them anyways.......😉

Poor young Henrik and Declan Ramy waking up this morning to find father Ramy on the sofa covered in a pishy tricolour, drunk and singing the rebel tunes.  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Plus we are still dealing with the outlier that is Covid. Still think that will give us a few more twists and turns before the end of the season.

Would you take half a star right now? ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Plus we are still dealing with the outlier that is Covid. Still think that will give us a few more twists and turns before the end of the season.

I know you are saying this because like most rangers supporters you dont want to count your chickens but Rangers arent blowing a 19 or possibly even 10 point lead. 

Celtic have to win those games in hand and thats not a given considering they have a shaved ape as manager.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know you are saying this because like most rangers supporters you dont want to count your chickens but Rangers arent blowing a 19 or possibly even 10 point lead. 

Celtic have to win those games in hand and thats not a given considering they have a shaved ape as manager.

 

They do and I think most Gers fans expect them to, and Gerrard was smart with his "we are only 10 points ahead" comment too as that's added pressure. 

 

I'm not counting my chicken's given this end strain and what's happening down south and a circuit breaker honestly wouldn't surprise me.  Hopefully the season can be played out winning it with an asterix doesn't count for me, even if it is stopping their Harry Potter (9 3/4).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Debian said:

They do and I think most Gers fans expect them to, and Gerrard was smart with his "we are only 10 points ahead" comment too as that's added pressure. 

 

I'm not counting my chicken's given this end strain and what's happening down south and a circuit breaker honestly wouldn't surprise me.  Hopefully the season can be played out winning it with an asterix doesn't count for me, even if it is stopping their Harry Potter (9 3/4).

 

Gerrard played it well yesterday but even 10 points is too much for lennon. Celtic shouldve changed their manager in november.

The harry potter 9 3/4 asterix stuff sounds like old firm TFT nonsense to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

No. A ref told me once that they need to take into consideration four points before deciding if its a sending off. The identiy of the player attacking/defending is not one.  It would open up some can of worms if they did :lol:

 

 

😂 indeed!

Thankfully you noted the playfulness in my reply 👍

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, aaid said:

If you're talking about 1990/91 - which is the only time I can remember that Rangers and Aberdeen went into the final game with a title decider then your memory is way off.

Rangers' form was slightly better up until the turn of the year, Aberdeen's was sightly better in the second half.  However at the end of 1990, Rangers were only 3 points clear, not 14.   Both clubs had played 19 games - so just over half-way as we currently are.   In the final 17 games, Aberdeen won 13, lost 3 and drew 1, Rangers won 12, lost three and drew 2.

Not remotely comparable to the current position.
 

I was sure that Rangers almost blew a big lead. Maybe Aberdeen had games in hand? Maybe my "14 points" was already adjusted for inflation? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I was sure that Rangers almost blew a big lead. Maybe Aberdeen had games in hand? Maybe my "14 points" was already adjusted for inflation? :lol:

Just checked, it was a 7 point lead with 10 games to play. I must have adjusted for exaggeration as well as inflation. :lol:

Interestingly 7 points in old money would be 10.5 points at today's 3 points for a win rate. Which is exactly the lead they currently have if we assume half a point for the goal difference. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redz said:

I suspect that it was aimed unnecessarily at me

It wasnt as im pretty sure like me, neither you or the othet poster support the old firm.

It was a general comment aint at football fans and managers in general. Had also been listening to the football phone in where clutching at straws is commonplace.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just checked, it was a 7 point lead with 10 games to play. I must have adjusted for exaggeration as well as inflation. :lol:

Interestingly 7 points in old money would be 10.5 points at today's 3 points for a win rate. Which is exactly the lead they currently have if we assume half a point for the goal difference. 

 

 

Can you count?

Going into the Aberdeen v Rangers game at Pittodrie on 2nd March, Rangers had a six point lead with Aberdeen having a game in hand.   If you want to do the adjustments for points then/now and g-i-h then that equates to a six point lead, not ten.   Aberdeen won that game to cut the lead to four points with ten games to play for them, nine for Rangers.   Aberdeen then went on a run only dropping a point until the final day.   Rangers lost two games and drew one in the run in, hence they went into the final game level on points.

The situation then isn't at all comparable to now, even discounting that the lead was a fraction of what it currently is, as Aberdeen and Rangers had been reasonably close all season, a poor run in December and January set them back.

Interestingly looking back at the stats.  The point that Aberdeen dropped in that run-in was at home to Dunfermline in a 0-0 draw in front of a massive 10,400 fans.   The poorest home attendance of the season for a team fighting for the title.

That was their game in hand, it was on a Wednesday night, they'd won the previous four games and a win that night would've seen them cut the lead to 2 points.   That was their lowest home attendance of the season.   Okay it might have been midweek - and I doubt there were many there from Dunfermline - but 10,400 for such an important game is pish/

Edited by aaid
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Jan is a very tough month for us. Plenty of games that we can slip up in. If we can remain unbeaten throughout I will feel a lot more confident of winning 55.

55 no. 1 yes..

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, aaid said:

Can you count?

Going into the Aberdeen v Rangers game at Pittodrie on 2nd March, Rangers had a six point lead with Aberdeen having a game in hand.   If you want to do the adjustments for points then/now and g-i-h then that equates to a six point lead, not ten.   Aberdeen won that game to cut the lead to four points with ten games to play for them, nine for Rangers.   Aberdeen then went on a run only dropping a point until the final day.   Rangers lost two games and drew one in the run in, hence they went into the final game level on points.

The situation then isn't at all comparable to now, even discounting that the lead was a fraction of what it currently is, as Aberdeen and Rangers had been reasonably close all season, a poor run in December and January set them back.

Interestingly looking back at the stats.  The point that Aberdeen dropped in that run-in was at home to Dunfermline in a 0-0 draw in front of a massive 10,400 fans.   The poorest home attendance of the season for a team fighting for the title.

That was their game in hand, it was on a Wednesday night, they'd won the previous four games and a win that night would've seen them cut the lead to 2 points.   That was their lowest home attendance of the season.   Okay it might have been midweek - and I doubt there were many there from Dunfermline - but 10,400 for such an important game is pish/

According to the bbc rangers led by 7 points with 10 to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

According to the bbc rangers led by 7 points with 10 to go.

How does the saying go - Is that true or did you hear it on the BBC?

Turns out both the BBC and me are both wrong.

The League Table on the evening of 2nd March looked like this.

Rangers P27 W18 D6 L3 Pts 42
Aberdeen P26 W14 D8 L4 Pts 36

So I was wrong to say that win at Pittodrie cut the lead to 4 points, it cut it to 6.

That was 6 points with 10 to go for Aberdeen.  With 10 to go for Rangers, before the match at Pittodrie, it was 8 points, never 7 for either team.

Regardless of a point here or there, its still not comparable to the current position.

The entire seasons results for both teams are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990–91_Aberdeen_F.C._season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990–91_Rangers_F.C._season

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Oot the shawl!!!  January is a bad month for depression when you wear the green and white.  Stand on kid 👉

Who is depressed ya fuckin idiot. We have won 9 leagues in a row, quadruple treble,  Scotland is going to the Euros, and I am depressed???  You really do talk some pure shite man.. Trust me, I am Celtic through and through and proud, no fuckin depression. Try, "Stand Up" kid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Bet you glad you started this thread pal. Lets keep it going.  We are all NeiL Lennon after all!!! 

I'm no fuckin Neil Lennon. And you are a roaster.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Bitton would have been better to let Morelos go, the form he's been in he would have missed :D

Agreed,El buffalo would have hit the corner flag. Still hurting today. No even speaking to the family.. Mrs.Ramy knows I needs time to heal..

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Agreed,El buffalo would have hit the corner flag. Still hurting today. No even speaking to the family.. Mrs.Ramy knows I needs time to heal..

Decent result for them anyways.......😉

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...