Rangers v Celtic - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers v Celtic

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

That’s dare I say it was Walter Smith inspired. Great play from Morelos leading up to the red. Truth be said we have been poor  in the last 5 league games or so but we’ve won every one. We will be crazy to lose it from here. 

Eh morelos was shite all day, it was nir Bitton inspired 

Really poor performance from Rangers and the red card changed the game. It was a definite red card. I can't believe Lennon claimed it wasn't and that Ajer would've closed it down. There was a still where Ajer is half way across the pitch. There was absolutely no chance he was getting to Morelos 

All I can say is thank god this run of a game every 3/4 days, is over for a few weeks. While Rangers have still been winning in the league, we have been poor in our last 4/5 games. The performance levels have dropped and a lot of the players are quite fatigued. Hibs on the 27th of January, 4 days after the Ross county game is when we start on a game every 3/4 days again. Hopefully the players can rest up a little during that period.

7 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Really poor performance from Rangers and the red card changed the game. It was a definite red card. I can't believe Lennon claimed it wasn't and that Ajer would've closed it down. There was a still where Ajer is half way across the pitch. There was absolutely no chance he was getting to Morelos 

All I can say is thank god this run of a game every 3/4 days, is over for a few weeks. While Rangers have still been winning in the league, we have been poor in our last 4/5 games. The performance levels have dropped and a lot of the players are quite fatigued. Hibs on the 27th of January, 4 days after the Ross county game is when we start on a game every 3/4 days again. Hopefully the players can rest up a little during that period.

I can’t remember the last time we didn’t play a midweek game. Now we have 7 days off. Need to use it to maximum effect. Jacks absence has really impacted on our fluency. 

25 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I can’t remember the last time we didn’t play a midweek game. Now we have 7 days off. Need to use it to maximum effect. Jacks absence has really impacted on our fluency. 

The 4-6th match days I believe we had 1 game a week before Europe started. Obviously had the international breaks but 10-15 of our squad are away on international duty, so outside of Kent, Goldson and Tav not many have had a break since August. Hopefully Gerrard doesn't go over board with training levels in these next 3 weeks. No stupid mini preseasons like last year. The Players need a rest not intense training sessions.

13 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I don't think it was a red card.

Did the Celtic keeper make a save today?

Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick.

What part of the above do you not think occured? Ball was going towards the goal, attacker going towards goal and neither Ayer or the GK were going to get to the ball first.

22 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick.

What part of the above do you not think occured? Ball was going towards the goal, attacker going towards goal and neither Ayer or the GK were going to get to the ball first.

Disagree

It was 30/40 yds from goal, it 'was' Morelos, and Ayer had a chance to get back

That's not obvious to me.... 

22 minutes ago, Redz said:

Disagree

It was 30/40 yds from goal, it 'was' Morelos, and Ayer had a chance to get back

That's not obvious to me.... 

It’s red all day long I’m afraid. Saying it gives me no pleasure, but the other CH was nowhere. 

9FB8F42E-8FA7-4215-BC85-EDF2B41F1CD0.png

I thought what the fuck did he do that for at the the time as Ajer was comin back, but its all down to how the ref sees it, in my opinion it looked like morelos was headin away from goal towards the corner to get a ball across, it was a silly challenge. 

2 minutes ago, jcs said:

I thought what the fuck did he do that for at the the time as Ajer was comin back, but its all down to how the ref sees it, in my opinion it looked like morelos was headin away from goal towards the corner to get a ball across, it was a silly challenge. 

I know Morelos isn't the brightest but it would be very strange for him to head towards the corner when the ball was heading into the penalty box. 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s red all day long I’m afraid. Saying it gives me no pleasure, but the other CH was nowhere. 

9FB8F42E-8FA7-4215-BC85-EDF2B41F1CD0.png

A still like that doesnt do the discussion much favour. Ajer was running at pace, its 50/50 for me. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I know Morelos isn't the brightest but it would be very strange for him to head towards the corner when the ball was heading into the penalty box. 

Just my opinion at the time but as I as I said ref seen it differently 

2 minutes ago, jcs said:

Just my opinion at the time but as I as I said ref seen it differently 

Madden didnt even hesitate, i think he should have taken a moment to think it through but he was reaching for the card before morelos hit the ground

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The only thing I am certain of is saying morelos isn't the  brightest is very generous 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

That’s dare I say it was Walter Smith inspired. Great play from Morelos leading up to the red. Truth be said we have been poor  in the last 5 league games or so but we’ve won every one. We will be crazy to lose it from here. 

Minimum of 10 clear with 2 games left, impossible for you to lose it from here.