Rangers v Celtic - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers v Celtic

This is a big one, very big. If Celtic win, its game on, if they lose, rangers pretty much have their hands on the league trophy for the first time in nearly 10 years.. It could go either way now. Celtic have been on a good run as of late, and rangers are consistently winning when they need to. There are a couple key injuries that will play a factor, rangers missing Jack and Airfield, Celtic may not have Julian..  For me, Lennon has to grow a set of balls and leave Brown on the bench. Brown is a great servant, has played well over the years against rangers, but he must step aside for this one. Soro is playing well, as Brown slows things down. Turnbull is the engine of Celtic now, so he keeps his place. Will Lennon go for it and play Eddy and Griff, as Griff is playing well, and gives Eddy space, or will he leave Eddy on alone. So many possibilities. Its at Ibrox, but no fans, so not much of an advantage this. Will Morales play, will he stay on the park? This match should be a belter because of what is at stake. I'm shittin it, but looking forward to it as I will be watching it in my own home with my new cable box, so I better behave and watch the language as my wife wants to watch it with me. Her first Celtic v Rangers match. So hope its a good one, and 3 titanic points for Celtic.   Thoughts on the match folks.....  Happy New Year all..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Celtic to take a narrow win and re-ignite a title race. Nothing concrete to back this up just a feeling I have. Rangers, as well as they have played so far, are due a defeat in the league and these festive derbies often go against the form book/oddsmakers. I have no horse in the race so don't care one way or another - just hope it is a good advert for Scottish football as this is the fixture that gets most eyeballs on it from around the globe.

31 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Only if we shit the bed and Lennon gets it wrong... We can win this match, but he has to get it right.. If we get beat trying our best, then so be it. 

I wouldn't be blaming it on Lennon.  Rangers have a better guy in charge of signing policy.  They simply have better players.  3-0 to Rangers.  I have just put £20 on it.  League over after that.  Stand on.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I wouldn't be blaming it on Lennon.  Rangers have a better guy in charge of signing policy.  They simply have better players.  3-0 to Rangers.  I have just put £20 on it.  League over after that.  Stand on.

I would not get to confident RH. Rangers will be facing a different Celtic side tomorrow... 

5 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I would not get to confident RH. Rangers will be facing a different Celtic side tomorrow... 

In the last few years there wasn't a player that would get in to the Celtic team.  Now there two Celtic players that would make it in to the Rangers team.  The reason I know is that Kris Boyd said so today in the Scottish Sun so stay awake 👉

42 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

In the last few years there wasn't a player that would get in to the Celtic team.  Now there two Celtic players that would make it in to the Rangers team.  The reason I know is that Kris Boyd said so today in the Scottish Sun so stay awake 👉

Thought you had left? new it was too good to be true

12 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I like you Big Ramy, but why a separate thread for this game?

We’ve already got a season 20/21 thread which would have been suffice. 

No offence meant and hope you and the family had a good new year 👍

I think s seperate thread is s good idea, u know the pish that will be spouted after the game. It'll clog up talk of any other games.

The ugly sisters can spout their shite here, and leave the rest of us to chat on the other thread, popping in too see the madness if we want.

Happy new year..👍🤘🥃

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

What a pile of hun shite you've spouted here are you still pished 

Stand on, I'm wondering if you can stand up

2 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

I think s seperate thread is s good idea, u know the pish that will be spouted after the game. It'll clog up talk of any other games.

The ugly sisters can spout their shite here, and leave the rest of us to chat on the other thread, popping in too see the madness if we want.

Happy new year..👍🤘🥃

Spot on pal..👍

3 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I like you Big Ramy, but why a separate thread for this game?

We’ve already got a season 20/21 thread which would have been suffice. 

No offence meant and hope you and the family had a good new year 👍

No bother mate. What Archiesdad said. It would take up to much of the chat. You know us.. 😉. Happy New Year pal..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😊😊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

@Big Ramy 1314 Celtic are still in a position that if they will all their remaining league games they'll win the league. 

I think if this game had been a month ago Rangers would have won it at a canter, but they'll be happy with a draw now.

Totally agree, if I were a rangers man, (thank fuck I'm not) 😉, I would be happy with a draw. Celtic need all 3 points.. 

2 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

Happy new year..👍🤘🥃

Fair Comment 👍

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Will have a wee tribute to the 66 tomorrow on the anniversary.  I am sure the Celtic fans will feel the same.  Colin Stein scored that day.  He also played with Armadale Thistle and Hibs before Rangers.  Whatever the score I hope it is a good game.

There is a banner at Celtic Park remembering the 66. Ma Da was at that match...

16 hours ago, dj mick said:

Thought you had left? new it was too good to be true

I think most knew he was lying. Unfortunately he and few others always come back with the intention of ruining yhe board for others.

16 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

Happy new year..👍🤘🥃

Ramy and RH will still clog up the other thread with shite 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Prediction:

1-1

Both teams to finish the game with ten men each.

There will be a dodgy penalty awarded to one of them.

Dozens of idiots will turn up outside the ground and fight with the police.

Funnily enough I think that to.  Apart from the last bit  I don't think even the most moronic hun will be fighting on this day.  People may turn up to pay tribute but I would be disgusted if any trouble arose.  But I was thinking earlier, there wil lbe dodgy decisions for a penalty.  Not unique to OF though.  1-1 or 2-1 Rangers.