Happy New year a happy brexit day - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy New year a happy brexit day

2 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Well thought I’ll join this wee tread as I do like a a gid steak pie got mine sent down from wm Allan in stewarton Ayrshire also have nice bottle of Malbec to wash it down also got some Stilton cheese but not sure if I can manage it will keep you posted 

Great butchers, went through a dodgy spell in the 1980s when @killiefaetheferryworked there but they recovered well.

Are they doing mail order now?

34 minutes ago, aaid said:

Great butchers, went through a dodgy spell in the 1980s when @killiefaetheferryworked there but they recovered well.

don’t have a online shop but if you call up like I did they will send a parcel down to you comes well packed with ice gel packs inside the box steak pies and slice and other produce all in good order they use parcel force so all good 

36 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

don’t have a online shop but if you call up like I did they will send a parcel down to you comes well packed with ice gel packs inside the box steak pies and slice and other produce all in good order they use parcel force so all good 

At last someone who calls slice, slice. None of this square sausage nonsense.👍

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Hey you, I had to help my dad there or I didn't get any pocket money 😂. The steak pies were noteable for having wee sausages in them too. Just had ours, made it myself to my dad's recipe 👍

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

So bonny, what do you want to bring back next then ?

• public hanging ?
  • pre-decimal currency ?
  • the feudal system ?
  • war with France ?

Please stop politicising the steak pie thread 😄

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

So bonny, what do you want to bring back next then ?

• public hanging ?
  • pre-decimal currency ?
  • the feudal system ?
  • war with France ?

Nothing. 

We have now achieved everything we need. 

You seem to think I am some dinasour.  I'm not. 

Just had my steak pie and am just a bit too full.

Best wishes to you all for the year ahead.   For me the shine of a new year ahead has been take off by brexit at, yes the eleventh hour.   Suffering the ignimony of really being out of Europe I didn't 'celebrate' the bells, but hopefully beyond that and covid things have to get better?

I'll temper that by saying I know some folks that I know have far worse troubles, and I'm thinking of them.   For us and them though, lets hope this is as shit as it gets and 2021 is the start of many better things.

Nearly as bad though, my EU passport expires this year.   I could be stuck with the embarrassment of a British one for ten years 😳

5 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Just had my steak pie and am just a bit too full.

Best wishes to you all for the year ahead.   For me the shine of a new year ahead has been take off by brexit at, yes the eleventh hour.   Suffering the ignimony of really being out of Europe I didn't 'celebrate' the bells, but hopefully beyond that and covid things have to get better?

I'll temper that by saying I know some folks that I know have far worse troubles, and I'm thinking of them.   For us and them though, lets hope this is as shit as it gets and 2021 is the start of many better things.

Nearly as bad though, my EU passport expires this year.   I could be stuck with the embarrassment of a British one for ten years 😳

What you actually worried about?  The EU won't affect your life much.