Karlan Grant - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Karlan Grant

Archiesdad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Interesting read about Karlan Grant. He came through the Charlton academy that has had coaches there for years and also yielded other EPL players. An example of what a good academy can result in. He  did have a spell with Huddersfield in the EPL. Was brought up by a Scottish mother.

He has got a great shot on him (most on target) and plays in a  front 3 for WBA. Saw him get a couple of goals in the QPR  game last month and was the pick of the front three, though they did seem to miss a tall centre forward to get on the end of crosses. Took his goals well though.

If he does get asked/decides to join the squad he could be a good addition to our choice of forwards.

Can't see Clarke not picking at least 3 strikers for such an important game and, given that Nisbet has done nothing to date to indicate he can play at this level it make sense to have a replacement striker on the bench.  Have only seen Grant on goal highlights but looks an interesting option.  If he's up for playing for us, I'd pick him.

1 minute ago, henry george said:

Can't see Clarke not picking at least 3 strikers for such an important game and, given that Nisbet has done nothing to date to indicate he can play at this level it make sense to have a replacement striker on the bench.  Have only seen Grant on goal highlights but looks an interesting option.  If he's up for playing for us, I'd pick him.

Really? He scored against a top nation in the Netherlands - that speaks volumes. And Shankland has scored for Scotland too and will be that extra striker to be called up if it ever comes to that (which I believe it won't). Dykes and Christie will be back for the Denmark game so I cannot see him calling up untried and untested players only for not using them in a crunch game against Moldova.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Really? He scored against a top nation in the Netherlands - that speaks volumes. And Shankland has scored for Scotland too and will be that extra striker to be called up if it ever comes to that (which I believe it won't). Dykes and Christie will be back for the Denmark game so I cannot see him calling up untried and untested players only for not using them in a crunch game against Moldova.

Nisbet hasn't done anything wrong yet in his Scotland appearances.The whole point of international football,is to have players who are either born in Scotland,or at the very least have a real commitment to Scotland.The route some guys on here are going down,is basically turning national teams into club sides.You either succeed or fail with what talent is available to you.Once you start bringing guys in who are only willing to play for us because england don't want them,you are sending international football down a very slippy slope.Believe me.it will kill it.The commitment to us must be there from the start.We are SCOTLAND.Be proud.

19 hours ago, thesaint said:

Nisbet hasn't done anything wrong yet in his Scotland appearances.The whole point of international football,is to have players who are either born in Scotland,or at the very least have a real commitment to Scotland.The route some guys on here are going down,is basically turning national teams into club sides.You either succeed or fail with what talent is available to you.Once you start bringing guys in who are only willing to play for us because england don't want them,you are sending international football down a very slippy slope.Believe me.it will kill it.The commitment to us must be there from the start.We are SCOTLAND.Be proud.

Your best sending that message to fifa. 

We are already down that "slippery slope" , che adams and probably liam Cooper would never have picked us over England. I agree with what your saying but reality is if grant declares an interest in playing for us he will probably get picked. You might as well get used to. 

Edited by mccaughey85

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Your best sending that message to fifa. 

We are already down that "slippery slope" , che adams and probably liam Cooper would never have picked us over England. I agree with what your saying but reality is if grant declares an interest in playing for us he will probably get picked. You might as well get used to. 

The .answer to it is still in our own hands.Simply don't give these guys a cap for Scotland.It's not rocket science.The guys that have already played for us or are getting quoted are hardly game changers.Pretty average in fact.Adams,Ritchie.Elliot etc.I can't remember any of them doing anything to make us better.

6 minutes ago, thesaint said:

The .answer to it is still in our own hands.Simply don't give these guys a cap for Scotland.It's not rocket science.The guys that have already played for us or are getting quoted are hardly game changers.Pretty average in fact.Adams,Ritchie.Elliot etc.I can't remember any of them doing anything to make us better.

Well the sfa and clarke will have to start rejecting guys like Adams and Cooper. Until they do then I will give them my support when playing for scotland. 

49 minutes ago, csinclair said:

I think Adams is underrated by some people on here. He has a good blend of mobility and physicality, and plays well with Dykes. Just wish he was a better finisher.

He's a decent player but we could of done with a natural finisher. Adams is a good support striker.

I think long term he will be good addition to the squad and I think we have yet to see the best from him. He's only 25 so he should be around for 7/8 years.