Kane Penalty - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kane Penalty

duncan II

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

You really must stop this vendetta against Stuart Armstrong. Ok he misplaced a pass. I see McGinn and Mcgregor do it every match but because it's not usually fatal they get no grief from you. Armstrong may not be a first pick but he has a good shot on him, can carry the ball and play all across the middle positions. He starts most weeks and deserves his place in the squad.

It was against England. Unless you're new, that adds a few layers to the "misplaced pass" thing.

We have tons of players that can do what he does, and do it better: McTominay, McGinn, McGregor, Christie, Fraser, Turnbull.

22 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

If you are saying Kane doesn't dive to gain an advantage then sorry you are wrong. 

N.B he is not the only one.

The keeper came out, missed the ball and was in the way of Kane. Kane didn't divert his run to avoid the keeper, and got clipped. There's no dive there.

There's nothing in the rulebook that suggests that players should vault over opposition players to avoid being fouled.

If the keeper is stupid enough to come out, flap at the ball, miss it, whilst being in the path of an oncoming opposition player, he deserves to give away the foul/penalty.

Edited by Taylor1996

3 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

The keeper came out, missed the ball and was in the way of Kane. Kane didn't divert his run to avoid the keeper, and got clipped.

There's nothing in the rulebook that suggests that players should vault over opposition players to avoid being fouled.

If the keeper is stupid enough to come out, flap at the ball, miss it, he deserves to give away the foul/penalty.

And if a striker deliberately diverts his leg into the keeper (like Kane did/does) to make contact then falls over to gain a penalty that's cheating & he should be booked, it's time being clever (cheating) is called out for what it is by all in the game & those who continue to do it get suitable ridiculed & punished.     

11 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

The keeper came out, missed the ball and was in the way of Kane. Kane didn't divert his run to avoid the keeper, and got clipped. There's no dive there.

If the keeper is stupid enough to come out, flap at the ball, miss it, whilst being in the path of an oncoming opposition player, he deserves to give away the foul/penalty.

You originally said HK doesn't dive, not related to the example you are describing above. But you probably know that and trying to make excuses about a wrong statement you made earlier in the thread. It's no big deal admitting that sometimes you/others post stuff that is inaccurate.

58 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well in the spirit of Christmas and good will,  just let me say that Kane is a divin cheatin english prick..

ignoring the pointless reference to his nationality, your comment might have some merit if you flagged up and were equally critical of Christie, more recently Tierney in a Celtic top, or when he played and in my opinion, by far the worst offender in Scottish football in recent years, Lustig. 

4 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

ignoring the pointless reference to his nationality, your comment might have some merit if you flagged up and were equally critical of Christie, more recently Tierney in a Celtic top, or when he played and in my opinion, by far the worst offender in Scottish football in recent years, Lustig. 

Its a free country. He is English, and I can't stand the arrogant prick.. I dont have time for anyone who plays for England. Call me what you like..

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

And if a striker deliberately diverts his leg into the keeper (like Kane did/does) to make contact then falls over to gain a penalty that's cheating & he should be booked, it's time being clever (cheating) is called out for what it is by all in the game & those who continue to do it get suitable ridiculed & punished.     

Kane initiates contact regularly to win fouls. Whether that is dangling a leg, looking to see where the centre half is and then backing into him before falling to the ground from the contact, or moving his leg towards and initiating contact with a stationary defender - he seeks out contact to justify his claim. He rarely "dives" ie falls down as a result of no contact but what he does as a result of his own actions are not fouls - at least not in his favour. 

The problem is that it is sometimes difficult for referees to spot this and it is often difficult for dim-witted pundits to articulate what has happened. The latter tie themselves sup in knots by highlighting the "contact" they have seen and many can't quite separate that from their one dimensional understanding of the issue. 

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

If a goalkeeper put itself on the ground, between an attacking player and the ball, the attacking player has no obligation to avoid natural contact.

Let's just say for arguments sake, we're drawing 0:0 with England. Last attack of the match. Pickford and Dykes are involved in the exact same situation.

a) Would you prefer Dykes to vault over Pickford (losing momentum and seeing the ball run out of play)

b) Continue on his path (Pickford making contact with Dykes, resulting in a penalty)

?

Edited by Taylor1996

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

You originally said HK doesn't dive, not related to the example you are describing above. But you probably know that and trying to make excuses about a wrong statement you made earlier in the thread. It's no big deal admitting that sometimes you/others post stuff that is inaccurate.

No idea what you're talking about.

There is no obligation for a player to vault over a challenge which will result in a foul.

You show me where in the rulebook where it proves me "inaccurate".

49 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Its a free country. He is English, and I can't stand the arrogant prick.. I dont have time for anyone who plays for England. Call me what you like..

Arrogant?

Do you even know who Harry Kane is? He's the most down to earth and humble footballer I've ever seen.

He's also a world-class striker.

Stop being so xenophobic.

5 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Arrogant?

Do you even know who Harry Kane is? He's the most down to earth and humble footballer I've ever seen.

Who you calling xenophobic? I don't like the English, never have, never will. When it comes to football they are the most arrogant fuckin folk on earth. That goes for anyone who plays for England anaw.  Not ma fault your hied is stuck up Harry Kane's arse...

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Who you calling xenophobic? I don't like the English, never have, never will. When it comes to football they are the most arrogant fuckin folk on earth. That goes for anyone who plays for England anaw.  Not ma fault your hied is stuck up Harry Kane's arse...

Why are you so surprised by being called xenophobic?

You went on to describe what a xenophobe is. It's having a dislike against nations that aren't your own. Which you do.

10 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Why are you so surprised by being called xenophobic?

You went on to describe what a xenophobe is. It's having a dislike against nations that aren't your own. Which you do.

Listen bawhied, I have no desire to get into an argument with you. I am entitled to my humble opinion. I hate the fuckin English, always have. I have good mates over here that are english, good banter, but as a country, a footballing nation, they can all get to fuck and that includes  the 11 arseholes who we will face at wemberley next summer.. Now run along and sip your tea from a cup commemorating the royal wedding and give me peace, cuz I really don't give a flyin fuck what you think. Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Listen bawhied, I have no desire to get into an argument with you. I am entitled to my humble opinion. I hate the fuckin English, always have. I have good mates over here that are english, good banter, but as a country, a footballing nation, they can all get to fuck and that includes  the 11 arseholes who we will face at wemberley next summer.. Now run along and sip your tea from a cup commemorating the royal wedding and give me peace, cuz I really don't give a flyin fuck what you think. Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

What a wordsmith. 

I'm not going to trade barbs as.. Well.. Your banter is that of a pouty child... Or John Hughes. (Not the 80s legend)

You seemed aghast with me calling you a xenophobe. You then went on to detail why you are a xenaphobe.

If you really don't care about my opinion, fine, then don't reply to this post. :)

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

Arrogant?

Must admit, I don't like Harry Kane much either, the big chinned, stupid voiced bawsack that he is.  Although, in fairness, save for drastic and unnecessary facial surgery and even more drastic elocution lessons there isn't much he can do about either of those things, and even less the dreadful "Captain Kane" sycophancy that was dreamt up and bestowed upon him by the English media two years ago.

As for being arrogant, he's a lot less arrogant than some England heroes of yesteryear. Compared to the likes of Gascoigne, Shearer, Owen, Seaman and Terry he's humility personified.

He's also a very, very good centre-forward, one of the best in the business, currently, which makes the premise of this thread - being worried about him diving and winning a penalty against us - slightly bizarre. It's a bit like being locked in a cage with a hungry lion and worrying that you might be allergic to cat hair. There are many ways Harry Kane could hurt us next summer - him diving to win a penalty is the least of them (especially now we have VAR).

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

No idea what you're talking about.

There is no obligation for a player to vault over a challenge which will result in a foul.

You show me where in the rulebook where it proves me "inaccurate".

Denial, denial, denial. Not having a go at you just saying you were mistaken. Watch the video from 1min 10sec and tell me that's not a dive and if you do a trip to specsavers is urgently needed. 

42 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Must admit, I don't like Harry Kane much either, the big chinned, stupid voiced bawsack that he is.  Although, in fairness, save for drastic and unnecessary facial surgery and even more drastic elocution lessons there isn't much he can do about either of those things, and even less the dreadful "Captain Kane" sycophancy that was dreamt up and bestowed upon him by the English media two years ago.

As for being arrogant, he's a lot less arrogant than some England heroes of yesteryear. Compared to the likes of Gascoigne, Shearer, Owen, Seaman and Terry he's humility personified.

He's also a very, very good centre-forward, one of the best in the business, currently, which makes the premise of this thread - being worried about him diving and winning a penalty against us - slightly bizarre. It's a bit like being locked in a cage with a hungry lion and worrying that you might be allergic to cat hair. There are many ways Harry Kane could hurt us next summer - him diving to win a penalty is the least of them (especially now we have VAR).

Hey, if you don’t like the thread...

I think it’s a good point worth making; there’s a genuine worry as we have tactile defenders and Kane is one of the worst divers in English football. As is Grealish, but not sure he’ll be a starter.