Jump to content

Kane Penalty


Recommended Posts

Watching English football this week is making me dread our game against them in the summer. Can you imagine our defenders up against the serial divers like Kane and Grealish? If European refs buy it, we could be facing five penalties when we play them. Kane versus Wolves was shocking, every time he got it he fell over, and ref bought it almost every time. Grealish was bad tonight but ref was stronger.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really must stop this vendetta against Stuart Armstrong. Ok he misplaced a pass. I see McGinn and Mcgregor do it every match but because it's not usually fatal they get no grief from you. Armstron

What a wordsmith.  I'm not going to trade barbs as.. Well.. Your banter is that of a pouty child... Or John Hughes. (Not the 80s legend) You seemed aghast with me calling you a xenophobe. Yo

I’d suggest you stop being a condescending prick. Kane is an awful diver, as even the co-commentator said.

Posted Images

I suggest that you watch English football more. Kane doesn't dive.

Besides, Tierney, Cooper and McTominay play in the EPL. They know what to expect.

I'd be more concerned with having Stuart Armstrong on the pitch, on the cusp of us beating England, the dying moments, and then he gives the ball away that leads directly to the aforementioned Harry Kane scoring.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, duncan II said:

Watching English football this week is making me dread our game against them in the summer. Can you imagine our defenders up against the serial divers like Kane and Grealish? If European refs buy it, we could be facing five penalties when we play them. Kane versus Wolves was shocking, every time he got it he fell over, and ref bought it almost every time. Grealish was bad tonight but ref was stronger.

Bet the commentator said it was clever play by Kane where as Gary Neville practically accused Tierney of cheating for Arsenals penalty against Chelsea, it was the most animated i've ever heard Neville the boring prick:mad: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I suggest that you watch English football more. Kane doesn't dive.

Besides, Tierney, Cooper and McTominay play in the EPL. They know what to expect.

I'd be more concerned with having Stuart Armstrong on the pitch, on the cusp of us beating England, the dying moments, and then he gives the ball away that leads directly to the aforementioned Harry Kane scoring.

I’d suggest you stop being a condescending prick. Kane is an awful diver, as even the co-commentator said.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Bet the commentator said it was clever play by Kane where as Gary Neville practically accused Tierney of cheating for Arsenals penalty against Chelsea, it was the most animated i've ever heard Neville the boring prick:mad: 

Yeah, they do tend to condemn Johnny Foreigner a bit more. I hate this ‘that was clever’ comment they say. When it’s a foreign player, some of the commentators do say he is known for it or some such. Have to say, not a fan of refs, but the guy in charge of Villa Chelsea yesterday seemed on top of it. Grealish and a few Chelsea players were at it early but he didn’t give them and it kind of stopped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Yeah, they do tend to condemn Johnny Foreigner a bit more. I hate this ‘that was clever’ comment they say. When it’s a foreign player, some of the commentators do say he is known for it or some such. Have to say, not a fan of refs, but the guy in charge of Villa Chelsea yesterday seemed on top of it. Grealish and a few Chelsea players were at it early but he didn’t give them and it kind of stopped. 

I agree it's nae being clever, it's outright cheating. Grealish & Maddison are at it all the time, would love to see them play against the likes of Norman Hunter Chopper Harris or Tommy Smith, they'd shit themselves.

Edited by RDFH64
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure. I think it's Paul Parker (ex man utd)

Unusual for an ex player to call players out for cheating, they normally justify the cheating as being clever, smart etc.

He'll probably get slated by the clever theory mob or binned fae sky for calling out their precious England captain. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I suggest that you watch English football more. Kane doesn't dive.

Besides, Tierney, Cooper and McTominay play in the EPL. They know what to expect.

I'd be more concerned with having Stuart Armstrong on the pitch, on the cusp of us beating England, the dying moments, and then he gives the ball away that leads directly to the aforementioned Harry Kane scoring.

You really must stop this vendetta against Stuart Armstrong. Ok he misplaced a pass. I see McGinn and Mcgregor do it every match but because it's not usually fatal they get no grief from you. Armstrong may not be a first pick but he has a good shot on him, can carry the ball and play all across the middle positions. He starts most weeks and deserves his place in the squad.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

You really must stop this vendetta against Stuart Armstrong. Ok he misplaced a pass. I see McGinn and Mcgregor do it every match but because it's not usually fatal they get no grief from you. Armstrong may not be a first pick but he has a good shot on him, can carry the ball and play all across the middle positions. He starts most weeks and deserves his place in the squad.

I like Armstrong and what he brings to teams in terms of skill, directness, vision and dynamism - when he is confident and on form. I would have a (currently) in-form Armstrong in the Scotland starting-11. However his decision making at the moment against England was criminal and no way can it be compared to a routine misplaced pass by any other Scotland player mid-way through a game. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I like Armstrong and what he brings to teams in terms of skill, directness, vision and dynamism - when he is confident and on form. I would have a (currently) in-form Armstrong in the Scotland starting-11. However his decision making at the moment against England was criminal and no way can it be compared to a routine misplaced pass by any other Scotland player mid-way through a game. 

 

 

You think it likely he could repeat it? Good heavens! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

You think it likely he could repeat it? Good heavens! 

I would suggest that it is highly improbable (although not impossible) that those direct circumstances would be applied to the same player at the same moment with the same scoreline.

However you are dismissing the incident as comparable to a routine misplaced pass - for many supporters including myself it is still something they often find themselves casting their mind back to and getting quite annoyed. For me it is Armstrong's pass/decision against England, the Hutton free-kick decision against Italy and the tackle by Ganea on Kennedy against Romania. 

it is therefore perfectly reasonable for a supporter to still be sore over the Armstrong incident without questioning his ability or justification for a place in the squad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would suggest that it is highly improbable (although not impossible) that those direct circumstances would be applied to the same player at the same moment with the same scoreline.

However you are dismissing the incident as comparable to a routine misplaced pass - for many supporters including myself it is still something they often find themselves casting their mind back to and getting quite annoyed. For me it is Armstrong's pass/decision against England, the Hutton free-kick decision against Italy and the tackle by Ganea on Kennedy against Romania. 

it is therefore perfectly reasonable for a supporter to still be sore over the Armstrong incident without questioning his ability or justification for a place in the squad. 

Suppose so. Ditto the Gary McAllister missed penalty Euro 96? My point was originally raised because Taylor seemed to want him excluded for ever which to me is plain ridiculous. I just think the boy made a mistake and may still have nightmares over it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Suppose so. Ditto the Gary McAllister missed penalty Euro 96? My point was originally raised because Taylor seemed to want him excluded for ever which to me is plain ridiculous. I just think the boy made a mistake and may still have nightmares over it.

for some bizarre reason I tend to be more at peace with missed (good/blatant) chances - McAllister as you say, Iwelumo v Norway and to a lesser extent McFadden v Italy.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would suggest that it is highly improbable (although not impossible) that those direct circumstances would be applied to the same player at the same moment with the same scoreline.

However you are dismissing the incident as comparable to a routine misplaced pass - for many supporters including myself it is still something they often find themselves casting their mind back to and getting quite annoyed. For me it is Armstrong's pass/decision against England, the Hutton free-kick decision against Italy and the tackle by Ganea on Kennedy against Romania. 

it is therefore perfectly reasonable for a supporter to still be sore over the Armstrong incident without questioning his ability or justification for a place in the squad. 

I think that is EXTREMELY harsh on Armstrong. With hindsight and the way the subsequent move played out, it was poor decision making. It wasn’t as if he did anything obviously rubbish. So he should have blootered it into row z. Fair enough. Let’s crucify the guy. God save us from people actually wanting to play football. I actually want to stop watching football when teams take the ball into the corner flag then fall over. 
 

I more blame the keeper for his indecision for that goal. But he’s a fine keeper and it’s not in my mind when he takes the field god knows how many years later.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I think that is EXTREMELY harsh on Armstrong. With hindsight and the way the subsequent move played out, it was poor decision making. It wasn’t as if he did anything obviously rubbish. So he should have blootered it into row z. Fair enough. Let’s crucify the guy. God save us from people actually wanting to play football. I actually want to stop watching football when teams take the ball into the corner flag then fall over. 
 

I more blame the keeper for his indecision for that goal. But he’s a fine keeper and it’s not in my mind when he takes the field god knows how many years later.

Armstrong had plenty of time to decide what to do with it and a.number of options available to him (blooter it, pass to Martin, pass sooner to Griffiths, beat the last man, and or hold up play and hit a defensive pass), yet he delayed and then played a ridiculously easily readable ball that was effortlessly intercepted. it of course led to the goal - where Gordon should have done better and where Mulgrew lost his man. 

Whether you think me and others still blaming Armstrong is harsh or extremely harsh is entirely your call in the subjective and emotional environment of supporting football teams - particularly a team like Scotland who have been dogged by failure through individual errors and inept managerial decisions. 

I am only telling you how I feel about the incident and how I agree with others feeling the same way. I suggest that some French fans feel the same way about Ginola v Bulgaria though their team have more than made up for that particular lapse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Armstrong had plenty of time to decide what to do with it and a.number of options available to him (blooter it, pass to Martin, pass sooner to Griffiths, beat the last man, and or hold up play and hit a defensive pass), yet he delayed and then played a ridiculously easily readable ball that was effortlessly intercepted. it of course led to the goal - where Gordon should have done better and where Mulgrew lost his man. 

Whether you think me and others still blaming Armstrong is harsh or extremely harsh is entirely your call in the subjective and emotional environment of supporting football teams - particularly a team like Scotland who have been dogged by failure through individual errors and inept managerial decisions. 

I am only telling you how I feel about the incident and how I agree with others feeling the same way. I suggest that some French fans feel the same way about Ginola v Bulgaria though their team have more than made up for that particular lapse. 

Absolutely. I’m not saying you’re necessarily wrong. I maintain singling him out for one misplaced pass, and holding him accountable to the extent we should be wary of using him again, is harsh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, duncan II said:

I’d suggest you stop being a condescending prick. Kane is an awful diver, as even the co-commentator said.

Random insults. Nice.

Where is the condescension? In your OP post it sounded like you don't take an interest in England football.

Let's just get this straight: A man who has scored 32 in 48 matches for England, a man who has scored 204 goals in 310 matches, and you're reducing him to a "serial diver".

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Armstrong had plenty of time to decide what to do with it and a.number of options available to him (blooter it, pass to Martin, pass sooner to Griffiths, beat the last man, and or hold up play and hit a defensive pass), yet he delayed and then played a ridiculously easily readable ball that was effortlessly intercepted. it of course led to the goal - where Gordon should have done better and where Mulgrew lost his man. 

Whether you think me and others still blaming Armstrong is harsh or extremely harsh is entirely your call in the subjective and emotional environment of supporting football teams - particularly a team like Scotland who have been dogged by failure through individual errors and inept managerial decisions. 

I am only telling you how I feel about the incident and how I agree with others feeling the same way. I suggest that some French fans feel the same way about Ginola v Bulgaria though their team have more than made up for that particular lapse. 

100% correct.

And I feel the same about McAllister and Iwelumo. I didn't feel any animosity towards them. I felt sorry for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...