Kane Penalty - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kane Penalty

duncan II

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

Seriously.

Would you have a problem if a Scotland player "dived"* to win a penalty against Englans, which would be the winning goal?

*Not actually a dive.

I don’t like cheats & would call them out for my club team & Scotland if they dived, it’s as bad as a player spitting at another player. Can’t say it’s Johnny Foreigner doing it like they used to when lots of uk players do it week in week out

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

I don’t like cheats & would call them out for my club team & Scotland if they dived, it’s as bad as a player spitting at another player. Can’t say it’s Johnny Foreigner doing it like they used to when lots of uk players do it week in week out

Fair enough.

It's a nuanced situation, though. It's not black or white.

2 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I agree, It's a very bizarre thread.

Especially more bizarre since I was called a prick for no reason other than giving my opinion.

But regardless, McTominay, Cooper and Tierney are all in the EPL. That could be our starting trio at the Euro's. They know what they're doing.

You're definitely a prick 

22 hours ago, duncan II said:

Hey, if you don’t like the thread...

I think it’s a good point worth making; there’s a genuine worry as we have tactile defenders and Kane is one of the worst divers in English football. As is Grealish, but not sure he’ll be a starter.

I never said I didn't like it, I just find it a bit odd that next summer we're due to face one of the best strikers in world football, a former World Cup Golden Boot winner who scores around 30 goals a season every season, and the thing you're anxious about is the possibility he might dive against us! 

I mean, he might, but as concerns go I'd say it's somewhere towards the bottom of the list. Put it this way, he hasn't scored all those goals just by fooling officials.

As for our defenders being tactile, again, I'm less concerned by their tactility than I am the prospect of a defence which will likely consist of a left-back, a central-midfielder and a centre-half from Motherwell being tasked with stopping this guy from scoring!

21 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I agree, It's a very bizarre thread.

Especially more bizarre since I was called a prick for no reason other than giving my opinion.

But regardless, McTominay, Cooper and Tierney are all in the EPL. That could be our starting trio at the Euro's. They know what they're doing.

Aye, the prick comment was a bit uncalled for.

Peak bizarreness was surely achieved though when you were criticised for not sounding Scottish enough by someone from Canada. :lol:

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I never said I didn't like it, I just find it a bit odd that next summer we're due to face one of the best strikers in world football, a former World Cup Golden Boot winner who scores around 30 goals a season every season, and the thing you're anxious about is the possibility he might dive against us! 

I mean, he might, but as concerns go I'd say it's somewhere towards the bottom of the list. Put it this way, he hasn't scored all those goals just by fooling officials.

As for our defenders being tactile, again, I'm less concerned by their tactility than I am the prospect of a defence which will likely consist of a left-back, a central-midfielder and a centre-half from Motherwell being tasked with stopping this guy from scoring!

Peak bizarreness was surely achieved though when you were criticised for not sounding Scottish enough by someone from Canada. :lol:

I’m kinda hoping this is a popular forum for international refs. Just putting a wee bit pressure on the man in black next June, making sure he doesn’t fall for Kane’s nonsense. 

I maintain that Chripper is a condescending prick. Knows nowt about football too, but it’s a free country.

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

never said I didn't like it, I just find it a bit odd that next summer we're due to face one of the best strikers in world football, a former World Cup Golden Boot winner who scores around 30 goals a season every season, and the thing you're anxious about is the possibility he might dive against us! 

That was exactly my point.

The lad is world class, no matter what anyone says. Him "diving" against us is the least of my worries. 

I don't the OP is avid watcher of EPL football if he thinks Kane, or Grealish, are serial divers.

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

Yeah. You'd think the years of banging the "3 at the back" drum, and being proven right, would've bought me a wee bit of cachet.. But I suppose not.

lol. I know. Then he went on to deny being xenophobic by describing himself as an archetypal xenophobe. 

All that's needed is someone to accuse you of being me and I'll nominate this as the best thread of 2000. 😛

Edited by Taylor1996

25 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

That was exactly my point.

The lad is world class, no matter what anyone says. Him "diving" against us is the least of my worries. 

I don't the OP is avid watcher of EPL football if he thinks Kane, or Grealish, are serial divers.

Yeah. You'd think the years of banging the "3 at the back" drum, and being proven right, would've bought me a wee bit of cachet.. But I suppose not.

lol. I know. Then he went on to deny being xenophobic by describing himself as an archetypal xenophobe. 

All that's needed is someone to accuse you of being me and I'll nominate this as the best thread of 2000. 😛

And 2020, too. 😛