Kane Penalty - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kane Penalty

duncan II

6 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would suggest that it is highly improbable (although not impossible) that those direct circumstances would be applied to the same player at the same moment with the same scoreline.

However you are dismissing the incident as comparable to a routine misplaced pass - for many supporters including myself it is still something they often find themselves casting their mind back to and getting quite annoyed. For me it is Armstrong's pass/decision against England, the Hutton free-kick decision against Italy and the tackle by Ganea on Kennedy against Romania. 

it is therefore perfectly reasonable for a supporter to still be sore over the Armstrong incident without questioning his ability or justification for a place in the squad. 

That particular one just evened it up, I’m amazed people still claim we were robbed that night 😂

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

What a wordsmith. 

I'm not going to trade barbs as.. Well.. Your banter is that of a pouty child... Or John Hughes. (Not the 80s legend)

You seemed aghast with me calling you a xenophobe. You then went on to detail why you are a xenaphobe.

If you really don't care about my opinion, fine, then don't reply to this post. :)

Whit??????  Wordsmith? Pouty? Barbs? Whit language are you havering in???? Aye , good luck wae that patter in Glasgow ya fuckin banger.. And you have the cheek tae talk about ma banter?

14 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the offside decision was marginal. that free-kick decision was one of the worst decisions from a non bribed official in about decades. 

But it was still an offside goal that stood as a legitimate one. People forget that, these things even themselves out. I agree it was a terrible decision, but the ball still had to be defended properly and it shouldn’t of been 1-1 anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit??????  Wordsmith? Pouty? Barbs? Whit language are you havering in???? Aye , good luck wae that patter in Glasgow ya fuckin banger.. And you have the cheek tae talk about ma banter?

Which language? English.

I am in Glasgow.

Just because you're from Glasgow doesn't mean that you have to be a walking stereotype that talks in non-stop slang.

You seem to think everyone from Glasgow talks like the "See you, Jimmy" character from the Russ Abbott show.

You replied to my post, therefore, you do care what I think. Which is nice. :)

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

He's also a very, very good centre-forward, one of the best in the business, currently, which makes the premise of this thread - being worried about him diving and winning a penalty against us - slightly bizarre. It's a bit like being locked in a cage with a hungry lion and worrying that you might be allergic to cat hair. There are many ways Harry Kane could hurt us next summer - him diving to win a penalty is the least of them (especially now we have VAR).

I agree, It's a very bizarre thread.

Especially more bizarre since I was called a prick for no reason other than giving my opinion.

But regardless, McTominay, Cooper and Tierney are all in the EPL. That could be our starting trio at the Euro's. They know what they're doing.

17 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Which language? English.

I am in Glasgow.

Just because you're from Glasgow doesn't mean that you have to be a walking stereotype that talks in non-stop slang.

You seem to think everyone from Glasgow talks like the "See you, Jimmy" character from the Russ Abbott show.

You replied to my post, therefore, you do care what I think. Which is nice. :)

Whit????? No , I replied because you are a rocket. Who is Russ Abbott? I am mair like the Rabbi C Nesbitt BTW..  Why do you speak like you are in a Documentary? Asking for a friend... See me, see me, ah love  the sea me..... 😉

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

If a goalkeeper put itself on the ground, between an attacking player and the ball, the attacking player has no obligation to avoid natural contact.

Let's just say for arguments sake, we're drawing 0:0 with England. Last attack of the match. Pickford and Dykes are involved in the exact same situation.

a) Would you prefer Dykes to vault over Pickford (losing momentum and seeing the ball run out of play)

b) Continue on his path (Pickford making contact with Dykes, resulting in a penalty)

?

But would Dykes cheat by throwing his leg out (as Kane does) to make contact with the keeper when there probably wouldn’t have been any contact if he’d continued running like a normal person & not like a new born baby giraffe 🤯

2 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

But would Dykes cheat by throwing his leg out (as Kane does) to make contact with the keeper when there probably wouldn’t have been any contact if he’d continued running like a normal person & not like a new born baby giraffe 🤯

No he would not. That's the difference. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Whit????? No , I replied because you are a rocket. Who is Russ Abbott? I am mair like the Rabbi C Nesbitt BTW..  Why do you speak like you are in a Documentary? Asking for a friend... See me, see me, ah love  the sea me..... 😉

I'm a rocket? You're mair? You're asking for a friend?

I see...

I have literally no idea what you're talking about.