The Great Outdoors... - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Surprised you’ve not been posting all your photos from our trip to Applecross as I know how much you loved it 🤣

For those that don’t know TDYER63 she’s not exactly a Great Outdoors kinda gal. 
Only person I know quoted as saying “If you’ve seen one Waterfall, you’ve seen them all”. 🤣

You come on this board once in a blue moon and then trash the reputation I have spent YEARS cultivating. 

Some of the Outdoors is Great. I am not a complete philistine.  I like beer gardens,  and sunbathing in the garden whilst Mr Tidy cuts the hedge.

Waterfalls  are over rated. I might get excited at the Niagra Falls or something similar but not a wee stream up the Gleniffer braes. 

I only have one picture from Apple Cross  , me horse riding on the fattest horse you have ever seen. I will no be trotting back up there anytime soon , thats for sure. 

DC07CCD8-17AD-499C-A91A-0F28E9FD52EA.thumb.jpeg.1b13c6735bbaa02a67a2467ce25442bd.jpeg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

You come on this board once in a blue moon and then trash the reputation I have spent YEARS cultivating. 

Some of the Outdoors is Great. I am not a complete philistine.  I like beer gardens,  and sunbathing in the garden whilst Mr Tidy cuts the hedge.

Waterfalls  are over rated. I might get excited at the Niagra Falls or something similar but not a wee stream up the Gleniffer braes. 

I only have one picture from Apple Cross  , me horse riding on the fattest horse you have ever seen. I will no be trotting back up there anytime soon , thats for sure. 

DC07CCD8-17AD-499C-A91A-0F28E9FD52EA.thumb.jpeg.1b13c6735bbaa02a67a2467ce25442bd.jpeg

Oi! I was on this board years before you rose to your now lofty heights of Board’s most popular wummin….fae Bridge of Weir. Added the last bit just in case me auld pal Lamia got the hump. 
I taught you the ways of the TA Footsoldier. I was like the wee Master on Kung Fu, helping you rise to the seasoned and knowledgable traveller you are today. I hung up my kilt and left you to carry on the family tradition. 
Bit of respect please. 

44 minutes ago, Marky said:

Oi! I was on this board years before you rose to your now lofty heights of Board’s most popular wummin….fae Bridge of Weir. Added the last bit just in case me auld pal Lamia got the hump. 
I taught you the ways of the TA Footsoldier. I was like the wee Master on Kung Fu, helping you rise to the seasoned and knowledgable traveller you are today. I hung up my kilt and left you to carry on the family tradition. 
Bit of respect please. 

Respect ?

Between politicising my beer goggle thread with your fantasy woman, and admitting your part in indoctrinating me to the TA and therefore this board, you have just elevated yourself to the lofty position of ‘ third most unpopular poster’,   behind me and Rolling Hills . 

Achmelvich Bay near Lochinver, the Bone Caves near Inchnadamph, Ardvreck Castle and the sunset over the harbour at Kinlochbervie. Scotland in perfection on the NC500 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

96C86070-A853-4707-9599-4DC0BF00C47F.jpeg

83B6AFF2-1F4B-458F-B28D-F5A2CDDDCCE9.jpeg

21AF1DEE-6D39-42C4-BFED-7F7A43D815EB.jpeg

330D5FC5-47EC-4A3B-891D-7DBCE38C1705.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Achmelvich Bay near Lochinver, the Bone Caves near Inchnadamph, Ardvreck Castle and the sunset over the harbour at Kinlochbervie. Scotland in perfection on the NC500 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Crackin photies on a crackin day. 👍

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Brilliant pictures McTeeko 👍 

Those Norwegian roads look tremendous! 
Is that a wee stove in the second pic?

I’m picking up my new tent and cooking equipment this weekend for a wee trip next week. My daughter is moving over to Stornoway to begin her probation year as a primary teacher. I’m helping her move up, over, and into her new house. On the way back down I’m taking the west coast road then along Glencoe back to Edinburgh. No camped properly for about 30 years and I’m quite excited about it! Just me and the dug 😃

Ma younger brother is away on holiday with his family, and he asked me to house sit for him. He has a fishing boat, which I was out on today, and a swimming pool. 34 degrees today. That's me and ma Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 just before jumping in the pool.. Mrs.Ramy no too happy as she works from home and cannae get away... 🤣🤣🤣

20210804_161038.jpg

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ma younger brother is away on holiday with his family, and he asked me to house sit for him. He has a fishing boat, which I was out on today, and a swimming pool. 34 degrees today. That's me and ma Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 just before jumping in the pool.. Mrs.Ramy no too happy as she works from home and cannae get away... 🤣🤣🤣

20210804_161038.jpg

If that's a "swimming pool" your heed must be the size of a small car.

I’m in Fort William tonight, well Glen Nevis campsite to be precise. Helped moved my daughter over to Stornoway on Tuesday as she begins her new job so me and the dug are camping our way back to Edinburgh……

A03EFC75-24CC-4F60-9E28-B489271C3230.jpeg

15 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I’m in Fort William tonight, well Glen Nevis campsite to be precise. Helped moved my daughter over to Stornoway on Tuesday as she begins her new job so me and the dug are camping our way back to Edinburgh……

A03EFC75-24CC-4F60-9E28-B489271C3230.jpeg

The look on the dug is priceless..🙂. Stornaway, always wanted to go there, I will some day. 

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

The look on the dug is priceless..🙂. Stornaway, always wanted to go there, I will some day. 

Loved it! No as ‘remote’ as I thought it would be. Busy enough wee toon. Cracking beaches all around the island as you’ve no doubt heard about. This is Port of Ness almost at the northern point of Lewis….

7DF2D104-B4C0-49BD-911E-8AD78709FE44.jpeg

29 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Loved it! No as ‘remote’ as I thought it would be. Busy enough wee toon. Cracking beaches all around the island as you’ve no doubt heard about. This is Port of Ness almost at the northern point of Lewis….

7DF2D104-B4C0-49BD-911E-8AD78709FE44.jpeg

Stunning man..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Just back from 4 day hike on juan de fuca trail on vancouver island ( or juan the fvcker as it became known on the muddy hilly sections ) is a younger brother of the more famous west coast trail further to north

did some practice in the rockies before hand ; but found lumping about camping stuff in backpack a game changer ; luckily had trekking poles for first time which couldnt of done without

first visit back to victoria since 2007 u19 world cup - which a few tambers were at = re visted the victoria canoe club ; which is now canoe brewpub , but sadly shortly to be another craft brewpub

oh and government st ; main shopping street is now pedestrian….

• 3 weeks later...