The Great Outdoors... - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Great Outdoors...

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Cheers Kevie. What part of Ontario are your family in? As far as wildlife, yes, I see a lot when I am fishing. Beavers, snapping turtles, deer, coyote, racoon's,rabbits, moose, and have heard Wolves howling, don't see them though, thank fuck. I have even seen the odd bear, but you stay clear, if they are with their cubs, you are fucked... As far as birds? You would like it here. There are 2 bird sanctuaries close to where I live, I'm right in the city of Ottawa. There are all different species and folk come from all over Canada to see them. The big Blue Heron is something else, I see them all the time when I am out fishing. One day when I am back home, I would love or go by the sea and see the Cappercaillie.. Scotland is so beautiful, I miss it so much...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

My step son took a year out (stretched to 2 years) after uni and was working on the ski slopes in Banff. He told us he came across bears plenty of times and all sorts of wildlife. He was gutted when he had to come home. 

3 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

My step son took a year out (stretched to 2 years) after uni and was working on the ski slopes in Banff. He told us he came across bears plenty of times and all sorts of wildlife. He was gutted when he had to come home. 

I have been to Banff years ago mate, its the gateway to the rockies, it is beautiful there.. Not surprised on seeing bears, and they are not shy. If you like to ski, that's where you want to be. 👍

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Don't mean to sound like an idiot, bit that could pass for British Columbia.  Honestly. 

Of course it is 😋   Vancouver Island, on holiday of a lifetime.   Ucluelet & Tofino.   Loved the wild and beautiful pacific Coast.

Just now, Grim Jim said:

Of course it is 😋   Vancouver Island, on holiday of a lifetime.   Ucluelet & Tofino.   Loved the wild and beautiful pacific Coast.

Haha, I knew it Jim, the trees and the rocky mountains in the background gave it away. I have never been to BC, closest I got was Banff, Alberta. You are correct though, the scenery is stunning out there...

20 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Into the dug thing as well now. We got Thistle start of September and we’ve loved every minute of it. Out every day with him. Great to get out, even in the pishing rain just to clear the heid. He had his first swim in the Forth yesterday after weeks of me throwing in sticks to tease him in. Photo below is him on Sept 8th and today (approx 16 weeks apart).

3585A1F0-E91C-4941-9E8A-9C5B51D1213A.jpeg

Love my 2 rescue dogs, some great walks over here around the cliff paths. 

81490FF3-6947-4B68-86C6-F49C70AE27BE.png

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Love my 2 rescue dogs, some great walks over here around the cliff paths. 

81490FF3-6947-4B68-86C6-F49C70AE27BE.png

We looked into the rescue dogs too but we never actually went to see them in person. How can you choose? I’d end up coming home with about 7 dugs!!

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Watched this last night, you may enjoy it. Beautiful scenery and quite funny ( well I find him funny ....😁)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qf0c

Cannot play through video, it only works in the UK its telling me. I will have a go on YouTube TD..👍