Xmas Pressies - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 12/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, prideothenorth said:

So what are your favourites or anything totally unexpected.

Got usual toiletries, aftershave, some booze which never goes to waste.

Love my horse racing so pleased to say the Mrs has got me 2 shares in a horse called Fable trained by Nicky Henderson ( good trainer). Includes stable visits etc and updates on other horses in the stable who are doing well.

Won't make me a fortune by any means but hopefully will run some good races and maybe get a win with any luck.

Nice present and a good stable. I had a small share in a horse years ago and really enjoyed seeing it run. Good luck!

I got the usual for Christmas but a surprise for my birthday (Christmas Eve) I got a 1990 retro shirt from my daughter and her man who is an Aston Villa fan. Somehow he had got John Mcginn to sign it they also got him to give me a personal birthday message on video. So I was pretty made up with that. On that note there is a video of John Mcginn doing the bingo calling to kids in hospital which is quite amusing. Sorry I don't know how to do link's.

Mate texted me Boxing Day evening that he’d had a drone for his Christmas which he was overly excited about given he’s a grown arsed man and he wanted to test out the range by flying it to my house and back again.  Text a couple of minutes later that he’s inevitably lost flying it in the dark.  Called him a daft bastard flying it at night and he asked if I could flash lights at the front of the house so he could get his bearings plus he wanted to miss the trees at the back. 

Next text is he’s now found our house and got the camera on the front door so I can wave as he does a fly-by and he’ll send me the video.  Originally stand at the door but the light is no good so I step out into the drive with the door closed behind me where he texts:

‘Wave straight up – can you see it?’

‘No but pretty sure I can hear it – how high are you and is the picture clear?’ I ask

’50-60 feet and yeah picture looks absolutely mint – can see you wearing some wild onesie/ slipper combo. Turn 45 degrees left though’

‘How am I supposed to see a tiny drone at night you soft twat!’ turning as instructed carrying on waving thinking at least the wee lass will like the video. 

‘No my left!’  then pings again after a good 5-10 seconds ‘right I’ll fly it back home now to make sure there’s battery – will send video in a minute’. 

‘Concentrate on getting it home you daft bastard – I’m not helping you find it if you lose it half way!’

Go back in the house hoping none of the neighbours have seen me randomly waving half way down my drive at the majority of the street when about 30 seconds later two Whatsapp messages ping in but before I can look the doorbell goes.  Standing at the end of the drive is the same mate and he’s just dropped off presents for my wee lass but before I can ask any questions he says ‘sent you that video’. 

On checking my phone there is a video of the lights flashing on and off in my house and me waving like a right dick at half the street along with the an image of related text exchange.  Unfortunately it isn’t just sent to me but two separate groups we’re both in around football and parents from after school clubs with their responses already pinging in quite quickly.   

‘Asked for a drone but just got pants, socks and beer like every year – hope the wee lass likes what we got her’ he says before he drove off pissing himself.        

On 12/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Mrs.Ramy got me the best gift ever. 2 of my mates have this cable box which gives you everything. All the Football all over the world, including Scotland, all sports, films, its brilliant. So she ordered one through my mate. Happy Chappy this morning.. Socks, drawers, the usual and of course my favorite at Christmas. TOBLERONE.. 🙂🙂🙂

Yassssssssss !!!/ Just checked my new cable box and the Celtic v rangers match will be on live at ma hoose on the 50 inch flat screen...😉🙃😉🙃

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Mate texted me Boxing Day evening that he’d had a drone for his Christmas which he was overly excited about given he’s a grown arsed man and he wanted to test out the range by flying it to my house and back again.  Text a couple of minutes later that he’s inevitably lost flying it in the dark.  Called him a daft bastard flying it at night and he asked if I could flash lights at the front of the house so he could get his bearings plus he wanted to miss the trees at the back. 

Next text is he’s now found our house and got the camera on the front door so I can wave as he does a fly-by and he’ll send me the video.  Originally stand at the door but the light is no good so I step out into the drive with the door closed behind me where he texts:

‘Wave straight up – can you see it?’

‘No but pretty sure I can hear it – how high are you and is the picture clear?’ I ask

’50-60 feet and yeah picture looks absolutely mint – can see you wearing some wild onesie/ slipper combo. Turn 45 degrees left though’

‘How am I supposed to see a tiny drone at night you soft twat!’ turning as instructed carrying on waving thinking at least the wee lass will like the video. 

‘No my left!’  then pings again after a good 5-10 seconds ‘right I’ll fly it back home now to make sure there’s battery – will send video in a minute’. 

‘Concentrate on getting it home you daft bastard – I’m not helping you find it if you lose it half way!’

Go back in the house hoping none of the neighbours have seen me randomly waving half way down my drive at the majority of the street when about 30 seconds later two Whatsapp messages ping in but before I can look the doorbell goes.  Standing at the end of the drive is the same mate and he’s just dropped off presents for my wee lass but before I can ask any questions he says ‘sent you that video’. 

On checking my phone there is a video of the lights flashing on and off in my house and me waving like a right dick at half the street along with the an image of related text exchange.  Unfortunately it isn’t just sent to me but two separate groups we’re both in around football and parents from after school clubs with their responses already pinging in quite quickly.   

:lol:Asked for a drone but just got pants, socks and beer like every year – hope the wee lass likes what we got her’ he says before he drove off pissing himself.        

:lol: Brilliant. :lol: