Allan Campbell - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan Campbell

Guest Scot1

12 hours ago, Scot1 said:

I was just wondering if any Motherwell fans could give me their opinions on Allan Campbell. 

Love him to bits, just an all action, in your face, no respect for the opposition type of character. If we didnt have him, we would be fucked.

That said, I don't think he has the technical tools to ever play for Scotland 

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Love him to bits, just an all action, in your face, no respect for the opposition type of character. If we didnt have him, we would be fucked.

That said, I don't think he has the technical tools to ever play for Scotland 

I like him but there's alot of young  talent ahead of him in his position and I can't see him getting a look in. 

Thanks for the replies, I have read threads about him on the Motherwell boards, and seen him play a few times. It seems that people are split in their opinion of him, whether he can be the next Motherwell youngster to make the step up to the next level (no disrespect to Motherwell intended).  
Ive read both Aberdeen and Hibernian are both interested in trying to sign him up this January as his contract ends in the summer. Be interesting to see where he ends up and how his career develops. 

Edited by Scot1

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Thanks for the replies, I have read threads about him on the Motherwell boards, and seen him play a few times. It seems that people are split in their opinion of him, whether he can be the next Motherwell youngster to make the step up to the next level (no disrespect to Motherwell intended).  
Ive read both Aberdeen and Hibernian are both interested in trying to sign him up this January as his contract ends in the summer. Be interesting to see where he ends up and how his career develops. 

He’s an excellent player and every team needs someone like him, except maybe an international one. I remember him getting caught in the headlights at the u20 world cup (tbf only in one key incident) against England, but I’ve harboured doubts ever since. He just didn’t have the technical ability to react to a situation and I’ve been worried sick ever since... 

His will to win and application is different level, however. 

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s an excellent player and every team needs someone like him, except maybe an international one. I remember him getting caught in the headlights at the u20 world cup (tbf only in one key incident) against England, but I’ve harboured doubts ever since. He just didn’t have the technical ability to react to a situation and I’ve been worried sick ever since... 

His will to win and application is different level, however. 

Rumours of English championship clubs looking at him. He’s had over 100 games for Motherwell, so has gained a lot of playing time/experience for a relatively young player. I hope he gets a good move and pushes on with his career.