Second Star Day - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Second Star Day

3 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Just watched a Sportscene edition i had recorder during the spring lockdown (all about Fergies Aberdeen team (s)) - Fuck me they had some squad over that period, full of talent, pace and a few hard nuts as well.

Don't remember the 1986 Scottish cup final being as dirty as it looked from the Sportscene clips - Willie Miller & Walter Kidd going nose to nose ( I know who my money would have been on) 

Alex McLeish's cup final goal against Rangers

Mark McGhee terrorising the Celtic defence

Strachan and Aitken having a go at each other

Great watch - didn't delete it will watch again

** Also what the fuck happened to Alex Miller (Rangers) whilst trying to defend one of the Aberdeen goals (think it was the 1983 cup final) :lol::lol:

82 cup final, when the ball was squared to strachan. Didn’t he get up with a bloody nose, or am I thinking of something else?

83 cup final was when fergie ripped them to bits on tv for being off the pace despite winning 😂

On 12/20/2020 at 7:32 PM, Jim Beem said:

It is a strange one that in Aberdeens finest ever season, they weren't actually the best team in Scotland

We were a cup team that year, didn’t have time for the league pish😜

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

82 cup final, when the ball was squared to strachan. Didn’t he get up with a bloody nose, or am I thinking of something else?

83 cup final was when fergie ripped them to bits on tv for being off the pace despite winning 😂

82 was the strachan bloody nose after he scored a tap in

83 fergie went mental at the whole team except miller, mcliesh and leighton