Second Star Day - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Second Star Day

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You fuck off ya twat. Big hard man..

Multiple threads you’re abusing and making yourself look silly. 

Kind Regards

A supporter of the most successful team in Scottish European history. 

Ever

Youll never emulate us, forever in our shadow

Your tears are real

ps

Reported for personal abuse, but at least everyone can see you’ve dragged yet another thread down to your sewer level of abuse. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Kind Regards

Ever

Your tears are real

ps

Reported for personal abuse, but at least everyone can see you’ve dragged yet another thread down to your sewer level of abuse. 

Oh fuck.. So Aberdeen are more successful than Celtic??? Oh dear, I thought it was just therapy you needed, its fuckin surgery ya rocket..😳

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Kind Regards

Ever

Your tears are real

ps

Aye, aye, aye,. Here yae are then.. 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕. A few mair 

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh fuck.. So Aberdeen are more successful than Celtic??? Oh dear, I thought it was just therapy you needed, its fuckin surgery ya rocket..😳

In Europe?

Yes

Celtic 1 trophy

Aberdeen 2 trophies

I’ll make it easy for you, 2 is 1 more than 1, which means they’re indeed more successful. 

Thread ruined again, well done. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It couldve been a good thread but it seems its gone the same way every other thread goes

Unfortunately, the usual suspect comes on drunk and ruins it for everyone. 

I won’t let that detract from what is the history making day for Scottish football though. 

I was just a bairn, but Hamburg must’ve been a decent scalp that set europe talking again? 

Its a pity this team never got a real go at the European cup in their pomp, could’ve made it 3 or even more trophies. 

Would I be right in saying United won the league in 83, or have I made that up?

15 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I won’t let that detract from what is the history making day for Scottish football though. 

I was just a bairn, but Hamburg must’ve been a decent scalp that set europe talking again? 

Its a pity this team never got a real go at the European cup in their pomp, could’ve made it 3 or even more trophies. 

I am sick of you two trying to take my title!  I am the most annoying prick on here.  Stand on and Glenlivet Forever.  Now away to bookies to put a tenneron Naismith.  And for the record Rangers won the Cup Winners Cup long before Aberdeen.  But Celtics achievement was better so I have to side with Ramy here.  Although I think they only played about seven games.  Nowadays you need to play about 100 to win the 'Champions' League.  So, the three teams won in Europe and should all be proud of that.  I feel a bit like Coffee Anan here.  Except I don't like coffee.  Looking forward to the Cup Final.  Ramy watched it at 9am this morning.  What was the score Ramy?  Heading to bookies.

34 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Yes, united won the league that year. Youngsters must think we are off our head when we tell them united won the league and aberdeen won 2 european trophies plus the scottish cup in 83.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes, united won the league that year. Youngsters must think we are off our head when we tell them united won the league and aberdeen won 2 european trophies plus the scottish cup in 83.

I wish those days would come back again. I only went to pittodrie to see Rangers once.  We won and Derek Johnstone and Alex McDonald scored.  It was the first time Rangers had won there for years.  Good night in Union Street that night and no trouble.  I would love to see Hearts win today but canny see it.  Celtic picking up a bit of form again.

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Then United beat Barcelona home and away in 87 and still never won the final 😂

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

On that note about youngsters I remember our Jersey lot having a night out in Düsseldorf before the Germany game in Dortmund.

We were drinking and chatting to a bunch of young Dons supporters who were all about 19-22ish.

In discussions it turned out that NONE of them had ever seen Aberdeen win away to either of the old firm, I think they were amazed when I told them that I had saw St Mirren win away to both at least 5 times by the time I was 21.

Almost felt sorry for them that they obviously missed out on the Dons “glory years” but then I remembered that they were just teenagers and I’m an old c”nt and would gladly trade places.

32 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

On that note about youngsters I remember our Jersey lot having a night out in Düsseldorf before the Germany game in Dortmund.

We were drinking and chatting to a bunch of young Dons supporters who were all about 19-22ish.

In discussions it turned out that NONE of them had ever seen Aberdeen win away to either of the old firm, I think they were amazed when I told them that I had saw St Mirren win away to both at least 5 times by the time I was 21.

Almost felt sorry for them that they obviously missed out on the Dons “glory years” but then I remembered that they were just teenagers and I’m an old c”nt and would gladly trade places.

😂😂

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

I look back at what i grew up watching. 3 european trophies which carried prestige and were competitive. A competitive scottish league, scotland take qualification for granted...... 

Now its a very slim chance of a non OF side winning a trophy, a closed shop CL, a secondary european competition which nobody really cares about and scotland just qualified for their first tournament in 22 years. 

I was spoiled as a kid

Just watched a Sportscene edition i had recorder during the spring lockdown (all about Fergies Aberdeen team (s)) - Fuck me they had some squad over that period, full of talent, pace and a few hard nuts as well.

Don't remember the 1986 Scottish cup final being as dirty as it looked from the Sportscene clips - Willie Miller & Walter Kidd going nose to nose ( I know who my money would have been on) 

Alex McLeish's cup final goal against Rangers

Mark McGhee terrorising the Celtic defence

Strachan and Aitken having a go at each other

Great watch - didn't delete it will watch again

** Also what the fuck happened to Alex Miller (Rangers) whilst trying to defend one of the Aberdeen goals (think it was the 1983 cup final) :lol::lol: