Ugly football strips... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ugly football strips...

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Its good to hear a story behind these hideous tops , as you say, sometimes something is so bad it is good. 

If it makes you feel any better Peterborough also made the top 50 worst tops 😊

76B12FD3-AC6B-4028-9AB1-DA0DDA147425.thumb.jpeg.b1190ca34d6abced97beda9ea48683bd.jpeg

Looks very festive. 

Im assuming that’s Xmas crackers? 😂😂

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Looks very festive. 

Im assuming that’s Xmas crackers? 😂😂

😁 I dont think its anything , just some random splodges. 
There must have been a fire sale on the pattern as the following year Scunthorpe released this . How uninventive. 

8FDB206E-B6AD-4D03-A087-867E8D5EE2CF.thumb.jpeg.c60dcdcb97a1ec32d9b471ca5a7b59ae.jpeg

Still , they are both better than this controversial design by Fiorentina. 

914F5EC8-609B-45AB-B311-5242AA958E60.thumb.jpeg.c4293832c4cad2bd0ab517782fb9df4b.jpeg

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

Having lived through  70’s and 80’s  fashion my wardrobe has experienced a lot worse. 

Nothing could be worse than the tartan trilby hat with feather I used to wear going out in Paisley in the 80’s. 

We probably left school around the same time then :lol:

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Still , they are both better than this controversial design by Fiorentina. 

914F5EC8-609B-45AB-B311-5242AA958E60.thumb.jpeg.c4293832c4cad2bd0ab517782fb9df4b.jpeg

Well it is Fiorentina's colour.   And what's wrong with purple?   :huh:

It was oor school colour.   I think they were trying to avoid red/white/blue and green so we were left with that or brown.   (Shut up at the back, we were NOT going to school in pink, orange or yellow!)

I was in a 1st year art class where we voted on the tie.   I was unique, but the sheep voted for another 'design'.   Way ahead of my time I was... it might have been a woolie :whistling:   (I pick the cushion and curtain colours in our house.)

Oanyhoo, the purple was ok until they handed out the nylon string vests to the school relay team, and the football team were hencforth known as 'the skins'.

3 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

It was oor school colour.   I think they were trying to avoid red/white/blue and green so we were left with that or brown.   (Shut up at the back, we were NOT going to school in pink, orange or yellow!)

I was in a 1st year art class where we voted on the tie.   I was unique, but the sheep voted for another 'design'.   Way ahead of my time I was... it might have been a woolie :whistling:   (I pick the cushion and curtain colours in our house.)

Oanyhoo, the purple was ok until they handed out the nylon string vests to the school relay team, and the football team were hencforth known as 'the skins'.

What aboot the swastikas jim?😄

5 minutes ago, bonzo said:

What aboot the swastikas jim?😄

A well known symbol of divinity and spirituality.   Especially on the crest of our purple breast pocket badge.   With the double headed eagle on top.   And the quiver of arrows grasped in its claws.

I modelled it by reworking Hutchie Grammar's poncy hammer and sickle motif.

13 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

12 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

A well known symbol of divinity and spirituality.   Especially on the crest of our purple breast pocket badge.   With the double headed eagle on top.   And the quiver of arrows grasped in its claws.

I modelled it by reworking Hutchie Grammar's poncy hammer and sickle motif.

Who would have thought a thread titled ‘ugly football shirts’ could unearth Grim Jim’s artistic side and flair for design. . If I had known this section of the board was so cultured  I would be here more often . I thought it was just Ramy and Rolling Hills shouting about whose ball it was 😬

Could you recreate the unsuccessful tie design for us and we could have a vote?  

Funnily enough  my favourite colour is purple , but not with black swastikas . The meaning of purple :

Purple is cheerful–whimsical and playful. It’s associated with an escape from reality and magical images. Purple is often a statement of independence as it’s not abasic, primary color, and it’s often a sign of fusing the mundane with the innovative. 

To tell the truth, the only time I remember my 'art' being recognised was when a teacher put my 'Barren Tree Under Storm Clouds' up on the classroom wall in 2nd year.   I probably had some yellow residue on my brush and my cloud swirls came out a bit green.   The teacher was impressed by my 'brave' use of colour :whistling:

Oannyhoo, I see our red and purple flashed change top from the 90s made the worst 50 list.   Not one I'd wear, but love seeing all retros cropping up in the support.

And back off topic again    <--- @TDYER63

On 12/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, TDYER63 said:

😂

Having lived through  70’s and 80’s  fashion my wardrobe has experienced a lot worse. 

Nothing could be worse than the tartan trilby hat with feather I used to wear going out in Paisley in the 80’s. 

Oh I can think if a lot worse, your wee brother with his Richard Gere officer and a gentleman Navy style cap on, and thinking it was cool.

I dare you to post it on here 😂

22 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

I didn't spot them at first, only saw the X things without twigging what the outlines of them looked like

Oh shit!    I only saw + signs   😄        I thought bonzo's sense of humour was just a bit left field (or right wing?).

Edited by Grim Jim
Blinded by the purple.

34 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Oh shit!    I only saw + signs   😄        I thought bonzo's sense of humour was just a bit left field (or right wing?).

I thought you were at it 😂. Fiorentina were a notoriously fascist supporting club during the 2nd world war but of course they never noticed the swastikas in the design. 

Incidentally definitely not right wing 😄

2 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

To tell the truth, the only time I remember my 'art' being recognised was when a teacher put my 'Barren Tree Under Storm Clouds' up on the classroom wall in 2nd year.   I probably had some yellow residue on my brush and my cloud swirls came out a bit green.   The teacher was impressed by my 'brave' use of colour :whistling:

Oannyhoo, I see our red and purple flashed change top from the 90s made the worst 50 list.   Not one I'd wear, but love seeing all retros cropping up in the support.

And back off topic again    <--- @TDYER63

😂😂

‘ Barren Tree Under Storm Clouds’. Its well seen you went to a posh school.
The only piece of ‘art’ of mine that was recognised was a Santa Claus that was submitted for a competition, funnily enough in S2 also. It was complete and utter shit, I think the teacher felt sorry for me. My art was secondary only to my singing in terms of absolute horse dung. 

Sorry for derailing , just passing the time waiting for another ugly shirt to be posted 😁

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

Oh I can think if a lot worse, your wee brother with his Richard Gere officer and a gentleman Navy style cap on, and thinking it was cool.

I dare you to post it on here 😂

No I dont think so Jimmy. Apart from the fact I would like to keep at least one member of my family onside at Christmas you may recall I was in the photo too. Thankfully not wearing my trilby,  though my 80’s hairdo could have done with something to temper it. 

I remember that picture with his sailor cap was taken at a day out at the seafront . Wouldnt have been so bad if he was 12 , but he was about 22 😂

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

I thought you were at it 😂. Fiorentina were a notoriously fascist supporting club during the 2nd world war but of course they never noticed the swastikas in the design. 

Incidentally definitely not right wing 😄

I thought he was at it too. I was thinking ‘ surely he cant think its the colour purple that is controversial ‘😁