Joe Jordan.. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Joe Jordan..

Big Ramy 1314

Took the day off work and decided to watch some old Scotland videos. So just watched a bit on Joe Jordan and seen a couple of old interviews.. What a passionate man in his playing for Scotland.. Seemed he took no prisoners and had a fair bit of skill.. Wish I had seen more of them in their day. Love big Joe. Also seen the Gatusso altercation. Think big Joe done well and wee Gatusso got off lucky. From what I've heard and seen, big Joe would have hammered him... Hope he is doing well. What a class act.... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

He sure was a true warrior when playing for Scotland Ramy. I will never forget his goal v Czech in 1973 which put us into the 1974 world cup finals. I was only 9 years old but remember my father jumping about the living screaming yeeeeeessssss. ( Not boooooom in that days😛). Apart from that always led the line superbly. Also had the likes of Billy Brenner, Davie Hay, Peter Lorimer to name a few back then.

Usual hard luck story in 1974, one win and two draws but lost out on goal difference to progress into the next round.

Good memories 

Edited by robbo cop

2 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

He sure was a true warrior when playing for Scotland Ramy. I will never forget his goal v Czech in 1973 which put us into the 1974 world cup finals. I was only 9 years old but remember my father jumping about the living screaming yeeeeeessssss. ( Not boooooom in that days😛). Apart from that always led the line superbly. Also had the likes of Billy Brenner, Davie Hay, Peter Lorimer to name a few back then.

Usual hard luck story in 1974, one win and two draws but lost out on goal difference to progress into the next round.

Good memories 

That's what I miss. Scotland back then could on their day, compete with anyone. They also were hard, you knew you were in for it when you played Scotland. Big Joe was a warrior.. Who you think was our best in that era. Dalglish? Lorimar? Ah to have those legends today....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

15 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's what I miss. Scotland back then could on their day, compete with anyone. They also were hard, you knew you were in for it when you played Scotland. Big Joe was a warrior.. Who you think was our best in that era. Dalglish? Lorimar? Ah to have those legends today....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

A great player no doubt. Looking forward big Dykes is not going to be taking any nonsense from anyone. He’s nowhere near the footballing level of Jordan of course but physically he’s got it. He will get better too, he’s only being playing since about age 20. 

The likes of McGinn, Tierney,  and Jack will stand up for themselves too, but football is very different now. 

27 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

A great player no doubt. Looking forward big Dykes is not going to be taking any nonsense from anyone. He’s nowhere near the footballing level of Jordan of course but physically he’s got it. He will get better too, he’s only being playing since about age 20. 

The likes of McGinn, Tierney,  and Jack will stand up for themselves too, but football is very different now. 

Good shout, totally agree. The physical aspect of the game is long gone. To many players diving about like they have been shot. That was our style years ago, be physical. What we lacked in skill, we made up for it with balls. Thing is, house would never get away with it in today's game, which is a shame. Agree with you on Tierney, Jack and McGinn, they won't back away. I like the look of Dykes. Seems to have a bit of bottle about him.. This is just me speaking, but I would love for Clarke to bring a "Joe Jordan" on board. Teach the younger generation how to handle a physical side. That a the one thing I miss. We were always hard as fuckin nails, problem is, you would not stay on the park these days....

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Dalglish for me was a class act. Great strength for his size when holding the ball up, also very two footed. Lots of good players back then though but nice to see the likes of Dykes, McGinn and a few others showing some fight and passion in the present side.