Che Adams - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Should Che Adams be asked to represent Scotland? (For the third time)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be asked to represent Scotland? (For the third time)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2021 at 07:55 PM

Hopefully he’s in the Squad for March Triple header 

Is he Scottish? No 

Is he Eligible, Yes through a ruling that every Country is using !! 

He is better than many options we are currently using / calling up

40 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

That's a bit fucking stupid really

I suppose if you want everything in black or white it is. But this is the first time(someone will correct me no doubt) that a player could be called up knowing we have already qualified for a major tournament and that for me is the problem.

I have no problem with the granny rule, one drop of Scottish blood is enough for me.

Che Adams is not good enough to play for England so this "will he, wont he?" story could run on for a long time. Nigel Quashie came in on the granny but he actively approached the SFA and told them he wanted to play for Scotland, as I understand it. I've got no problem with the granny rule but I'd like to see some desire to play for Scotland. A player holding off in case England come calling doesn't tick the boxes for me.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I suppose if you want everything in black or white it is. But this is the first time(someone will correct me no doubt) that a player could be called up knowing we have already qualified for a major tournament and that for me is the problem.

I have no problem with the granny rule, one drop of Scottish blood is enough for me.

The stupid bit is saying you would only consider him after the 2nd biggest international tournament on the planet is played out...let's pick the best possible squad available for the tourney and give ourselves the best chance possible 

16 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Basically he’s asking Adams to come forward and says if 1 or 2 can be added to the squad for the euros that’s good.

Very misleading statement above 

Aye, that is pretty much Clarke saying publically to Adams that if he wants to play for Scotland, Adams needs to make the next move. If Adams doesn't see that as an invitation then he must be even thicker than the average footballer. 

On 12/17/2020 at 6:43 PM, broraboy said:

Hopefully he’s in the Squad for March Triple header 

Is he Scottish? No 

Is he Eligible, Yes through a ruling that every Country is using !! 

He is better than many options we are currently using / calling up

He’s playing at a higher level, but is he better than Griffiths or Nisbet or Shankland? I don’t know. But there are only so many squad places available 

On 12/24/2020 at 10:44 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Got to say that is the perfect way to approach some who  has previously said no. Almost playground stuff. 

Like that he talks about McTominay in some future matches playing in midfield when two central defenders should be enough. 

It is. I get the feeling that it's another Agbonlahor situation, though, where he wants to play for England. Which I completely respect.

Yeah... I'm not sure which opposition that would world be, though.

10 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Perfect response from Clarke really 

It is.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, Caledonian Craig said:

Well we all know he is never going to ask given he has refused three times. But if he asks then it will be up to Steve Clarke.

Only time will tell. He is a player who's stock is rising, some on the Southampton forum think he is good enough for England but want him to choose Scotland as he will get more of a chance.

The reality is in his heart is with  England though his head might end up surprising or upsetting a few on here. 

Edited by theabsentee

On 12/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, theabsentee said:

Only time will tell. He is a player who's stock is rising, some on the Southampton forum think he is good enough for England but want him to choose Scotland as he will get more of a chance.

The reality is in his heart is with  England though his head might end up surprising or upsetting a few on here. 

Well I'd be bitterly disappointed if Scotland fans wanted such a player representing them whose heart isn't in it. I like to give Che Adams the benefit of the doubt and am sure he is doing the right thing - waiting for a chance to play for the country of his birth, the country where his heart is and who he truly wants to represent. An admirable quality.