Che Adams - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Che Adams

Taylor1996

Should Che Adams be asked to represent Scotland? (For the third time)  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Che Adams be asked to represent Scotland? (For the third time)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/2021 at 07:55 PM

Ok. This is a thread that I don't make to make, but if it keeps this topic (and his nane) from the "Scotland players in action" thread, then that's great.

In 2017 the SFA approached Che Adams to represent Scotland. First for the u21s, then in November for the senior team.

Should the SFA approach Che Adams for the third time?

My answer is a resounding no.

Forgetting the fact that he's rejected Scotland twice, here are his stats:

Played: 276 

Scored: 70

He's only had two seasons where he's scored double figured. Once in League One and once in the Championship.

He's played 42 times in the EPL and scored 8 goals. To put it into perspective, McBurnie has played 47 in the EPL and scored 7.

I'd much rather give Nisbet a chance.

Unless you can find a different qoute, this is what was actually said.

I spoke to his agent,” (McLeish) he added. “He said Che didn’t feel he was quite ready to come and play for Scotland quite yet. He just wanted to concentrate on club football at the moment.

Now we can try and read between the lines, make up stuff and try and pass it off as facts but the qoute above is very diplomatic. 

If the manager thinks he will enhance the squad and the player wants to give his all thats good enough for me.

3rd?.... this would be 4th time.

Malky MacKay asked him originally, Eck then spoke with him after he got the job (same time he got Scott McT to switch), and Clarke has apparently already spoken with him and got the same answer as before.

I fully expect England will call him up in March, and what they do with him after that will be up to them.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

3rd?.... this would be 4th time.

Malky MacKay asked him originally, Eck then spoke with him after he got the job (same time he got Scott McT to switch), and Clarke has apparently already spoken with him and got the same answer as before.

I fully expect England will call him up in March, and what they do with him after that will be up to them.

I vaguely recall that.

I doubt England will ever call him up. 

They have Kane (World Class) and Ings. There's 23 year olds of Rashford, Calvert-Lewin, Abraham.

And then there's kids like Nketiah and Greenwood coming through.

Adams hasn't even played for England's u21s.

He's 8th on their striker list, at the very least.

8 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

I vaguely recall that.

I doubt England will ever call him up. 

They have Kane (World Class) and Ings. There's 23 year olds of Rashford, Calvert-Lewin, Abraham.

And then there's kids like Nketiah and Greenwood coming through.

Adams hasn't even played for England's u21s.

He's 8th on their striker list, at the very least.

He has hit a bit of form of late....

As said, England will most likely call him up in March (so even if we approach him now, he will probably say no and wait and see if his phone rings in March) as I said, what England do with him after that is up to them.

I think after being asked 3 times, ball is in his court to approach us and let Clarke consider it then.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

He has hit a bit of form of late....

As said, England will most likely call him up in March (so even if we approach him now, he will probably say no and wait and see if his phone rings in March) as I said, what England do with him after that is up to them.

I think after being asked 3 times, ball is in his court to approach us and let Clarke consider it then.

True, but I doubt he'll score double figures in the EPL this season.

Has anyone here actually seen him play? He's not that good. I saw him as recently as Sunday against Sheffield United. He had one shot on target, which was pretty much a tap in from Ampadu being lackadaisical. He won nothing in the air.

The comparisons with McBurnie are a good one. In season 18/19 both were in the Championship. Both scored 22 goals.

Mcburnie's best season in the EPL is 6 goals. Adam's is 4.

I would be astonished if England called Adams up.

I say ask him again and get him in the Squad for the March Triple headers 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

I can understand why people are wanting to stick with McBurnie and the Squad that got us qualifying but that’s not how football works or I believe how Steve Clarke works! ( no room for sentiment I’m afraid ) 

15 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Unless you can find a different qoute, this is what was actually said.

I spoke to his agent,” (McLeish) he added. “He said Che didn’t feel he was quite ready to come and play for Scotland quite yet. He just wanted to concentrate on club football at the moment.

Now we can try and read between the lines, make up stuff and try and pass it off as facts but the qoute above is very diplomatic. 

If the manager thinks he will enhance the squad and the player wants to give his all thats good enough for me.

Exactly. Saying he wants to concentrate on club football isn't exactly the same as him saying "no thanks, I want to play for England". 

It isn't an answer that's brimming with enthusiasm, but since he's also eligible to play for Antigua (I think) and England, as well as Scotland, it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of either of those nations either.

What I would say, though, is that if he is now interested in playing for us - and it's a big 'if' - then he should be the one to make the next move.

I voted No, he shouldn't be asked more than once.

I'm still hugely concerned by our paucity of striking options though. England must have about 20 centre forwards who would be first pick for us. No idea why we struggle to produce that type of player nowadays? 

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Exactly. Saying he wants to concentrate on club football isn't exactly the same as him saying "no thanks, I want to play for England". 

It isn't an answer that's brimming with enthusiasm, but since he's also eligible to play for Antigua (I think) and England, as well as Scotland, it isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of either of those nations either.

What I would say, though, is that if he is now interested in playing for us - and it's a big 'if' - then he should be the one to make the next move.

Id agree with that. I dont ever think we should go begging to any player however I also think it would be foolish if we closed the door on somebody based on something fans made up happened because its the only thing they can see in the black and white world they live in.

As ive said before, if a supermodel was really horny and asked to have sex with Brad Pitt but he said no, then they said, ok how about me and you. According to alot on here they would say no, I wont be anybodys second choice!!!!

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I voted No, he shouldn't be asked more than once.

I'm still hugely concerned by our paucity of striking options though. England must have about 20 centre forwards who would be first pick for us. No idea why we struggle to produce that type of player nowadays? 

I agree it’s a serious problem. One issue is that much more emphasis has been put on possession based football and coaching the more technical attributes. 

Also, the game has evolved to the point most teams now just play one up front, whereas when I was growing up almost all teams played 2 up top. There is generally a much smaller pool of strikers to choose from. 

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I voted no, because I think McBurnie is better. Does that count as a spoilt ballot paper? 

I've never seen Adams play, but if what you say is correct then it's a "no" from me. McBurnie isnae even better than my Maw.

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Id agree with that. I dont ever think we should go begging to any player however I also think it would be foolish if we closed the door on somebody based on something fans made up happened because its the only thing they can see in the black and white world they live in.

As ive said before, if a supermodel was really horny and asked to have sex with Brad Pitt but he said no, then they said, ok how about me and you. According to alot on here they would say no, I wont be anybodys second choice!!!!

Thats a laughable comparison. 🤣🤣🤣