Scottish cup 20-21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 20-21

At home to Queens Park.

Full draw here

2020-21 Scottish Cup First Round

Albion Rovers v Buckie Thistle

Berwick Rangers v Stirling Albion

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Coldstream or Boโ€™ness United

Brechin City v Glasgow University or Linlithgow Rose

Camelon v Brora Rangers

Cowdenbeath v Wick Academy or Musselburgh Athletic

Dundonald Bluebell v Queenโ€™s Park

Edinburgh City v Caledonian Braves

Elgin City v Civil Service Strollers

Gala Fairydean Rovers v Annan Athletic

Haddington Athletic v Formartine United or Turriff United

Huntly v Cumbernauld Colts

Keith v Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Kelty Hearts v Jeanfield Swifts

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v Banks Oโ€™Dee

Nairn County v Broxburn Athletic

Rothes v Fraserburgh

Stenhousemuir v Preston Athletic or Hawick Royal Albert United

Stranraer v Spartans

Tranent Juniors v East Stirlingshire

Ties will be played on Saturday 26 December, 2020.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-first-round-draw-2020-21/

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

At home to Queens Park.

Full draw here

2020-21 Scottish Cup First Round

Albion Rovers v Buckie Thistle

Berwick Rangers v Stirling Albion

Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Coldstream or Boโ€™ness United

Brechin City v Glasgow University or Linlithgow Rose

Camelon v Brora Rangers

Cowdenbeath v Wick Academy or Musselburgh Athletic

Dundonald Bluebell v Queenโ€™s Park

Edinburgh City v Caledonian Braves

Elgin City v Civil Service Strollers

Gala Fairydean Rovers v Annan Athletic

Haddington Athletic v Formartine United or Turriff United

Huntly v Cumbernauld Colts

Keith v Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Kelty Hearts v Jeanfield Swifts

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v Banks Oโ€™Dee

Nairn County v Broxburn Athletic

Rothes v Fraserburgh

Stenhousemuir v Preston Athletic or Hawick Royal Albert United

Stranraer v Spartans

Tranent Juniors v East Stirlingshire

Ties will be played on Saturday 26 December, 2020.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-first-round-draw-2020-21/

Do these fall into the same category as professional sport for going in and out of different tiers?

Edited because for some reason, I had Annan confused with a highland league team ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by dandydunn

On 12/13/2020 at 5:38 PM, dandydunn said:

Do these fall into the same category as professional sport for going in and out of different tiers?

Edited because for some reason, I had Annan confused with a highland league team ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I'm not sure how it works.I've been to 2 games this season.Whitehill Welfare away first game of the season and the game last week.I just get a text from the General Manager 1 or 2 days before the game to say there is a place.

Queen's Park game has been moved to Kelty and is being shown live on BBC on 28th December.Would have preferred the game to be at Dundonald but it gives them their night in the spotlight.Can't see them causing an upset but who knows.

6 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

I'm not sure how it works.I've been to 2 games this season.Whitehill Welfare away first game of the season and the game last week.I just get a text from the General Manager 1 or 2 days before the game to say there is a place.

Queen's Park game has been moved to Kelty and is being shown live on BBC on 28th December.Would have preferred the game to be at Dundonald but it gives them their night in the spotlight.Can't see them causing an upset but who knows.

Funny old game Wullie so you never know.ย  Hope you have a good xmas pal.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Not to be for the bell.

A few decent ties in that draw.

They gave it a real go against tough opposition.

A home winable draw for my team, Fraserburgh. Thats all you can hope for if you dont get one of the big boys.

ย 

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They gave it a real go against tough opposition.

A home winable draw for my team, Fraserburgh. Thats all you can hope for if you dont get one of the big boys.

ย 

On another day more of the Queen's chances would have went in.

We normally play with a back 4 but they adapted to a back 5 well and kept their shape.Was tough for the 2 guys up front as the midfield didn't want to push too far forward.Quitongo was a handful for the defence.Bibby changed the set up at the right times and the players gave their all. Thats all you can ask for when there is a gulf in class.Hopefully they can build on this and move up the league.

They done the village proud last night and the interview with the general manager at half time was also a credit to the club.

Yeh good draw for Fraserburgh and as you say very winnable.

One last thing... Simon Murray's miss ๐Ÿคฆ

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Good to see Keith get a home draw. My brothers local team.ย 

Love that place,not been there for a few years though.

Social club ,legion and especially The Ploo were great places to drink in.Had a few drams with Stewart Kennedy one weekend when he was playing with Forfar.

The hotel i used to stay in when up for the Chivas Regal tournie is now a nursing home i think.

9 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

On another day more of the Queen's chances would have went in.

We normally play with a back 4 but they adapted to a back 5 well and kept their shape.Was tough for the 2 guys up front as the midfield didn't want to push too far forward.Quitongo was a handful for the defence.Bibby changed the set up at the right times and the players gave their all. Thats all you can ask for when there is a gulf in class.Hopefully they can build on this and move up the league.

They done the village proud last night and the interview with the general manager at half time was also a credit to the club.

Yeh good draw for Fraserburgh and as you say very winnable.

One last thing... Simon Murray's miss ๐Ÿคฆ

Inย my opinion this roundย and the next are the most exciting in the whole tournament.

The small teams getting the chance to play for a tie againts one of the big guns. My own team played at home against rangersย last season live on sky sports, it was so surreal. I remember Keith playing rangers at pittodrie too, they lost 10-1 but what an experience for them. Another i wont forget was whitehill welfare v Celtic, it was during the jorge cadete era. I remember it because Fraserburgh took welfare back to fraserburgh for a replay then lost the match and the chance to play celtic.ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Inย my opinion this roundย and the next are the most exciting in the whole tournament.

The small teams getting the chance to play for a tie againts one of the big guns. My own team played at home against rangersย last season live on sky sports, it was so surreal. I remember Keith playing rangers at pittodrie too, they lost 10-1 but what an experience for them. Another i wont forget was whitehill welfare v Celtic, it was during the jorge cadete era. I remember it because Fraserburgh took welfare back to fraserburgh for a replay then lost the match and the chance to play celtic.ย 

ย 

ย 

I sat and watched the Keith game because i had a few friends from there who were at the game.Also knew the kitman.

Was not just 3-0 for Celtic against Whitehill.

15 minutes ago, Wullie Anderson said:

I sat and watched the Keith game because i had a few friends from there who were at the game.Also knew the kitman.

Was not just 3-0 for Celtic against Whitehill.

Yes it was, celtic beat welfare 3 nil. They moved it to easter road

ย 

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes it was, celtic beat welfare 3 nil. They moved it to easter road

ย 

Thought it was. They struggled for a while.

I'm sure i went up to watch Fraserburgh up at Cowdenbeath in a cup tie one year but can't find any details of it.Think there were 6 bus loads down for the game.

8 minutes ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Thought it was. They struggled for a while.

I'm sure i went up to watch Fraserburgh up at Cowdenbeath in a cup tie one year but can't find any details of it.Think there were 6 bus loads down for the game.

I cant remember us playing Cowdenbeath. The stand out ties i rememver are obviously Rangers at home, clyde at home, stenhousmuir away, falkirk away, arborath away and stranraer away. The last one being a mammoth journey but good fun.ย 

ย 

Fraserburgh have a big following for a highland league side.

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I cant remember us playing Cowdenbeath. The stand out ties i rememver are obviously Rangers at home, clyde at home, stenhousmuir away, falkirk away, arborath away and stranraer away. The last one being a mammoth journey but good fun.ย 

ย 

Fraserburgh have a big following for a highland league side.

Hope this works... 1971 ย ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ย ..4-1 to Cowdenย 

27EACFBF-2862-4B4B-992F-F32766F67B9D.jpeg

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Cheers Wullie, i didnt know about that game.

Fraserburghs most famous win was against Dundee in 1959. It is or was regarded as one of the biggest cup shocks in scottish football history

ย 

I was 9 when that game was played,i remember the buses lined up on the high street after the game as i had to pass them to get to bus stop to get aย bus back to Lochgelly.No direct bus back to Cardenden then lol.

Never knew that about Dundee.Good memories for folk that were there.