Venue - Austria v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Venue

WCTA

1 minute ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Just texted a couple of mates over there. They reckon almost certainly Vienna, for what it’s worth. 

I do like a wee trip to the Prater. 

You do know that it’s only @wanderer who has “contacts” in every European city, don’t you? 😋

1 minute ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Haha. Well, I’m putting together a notional inter-rail itinerary from Copenhagen down, so all suggestions welcome!

I was going to give the Hampden game a miss inbetween and do the exact same but I ended up booking flights into Scotland from Copenhagen and back to Vienna. 

14 hours ago, WCTA said:

You do know that it’s only @wanderer who has “contacts” in every European city, don’t you? 😋

Got two.... one is a English guy who runs a Austrian football blog.

other is a former footballers who played for Falkirk and St Mirren in the 90’s, who a mate that supports Falkirk introduced me to on way back from Macedonia last time and took us on a pub crawl of Vienna with his mate who it turned out was the 3rd choice goalkeeper for the Austria national team at the 1998 world cups, and spent all night showing us his gnarly looking deformed fingers that were a result of a lifetime of being a goalkeeper 😂😂😂

Not contacted either, but imagine it’s most likely Vienna, but they have played a number of games in Klagenfurt this year alone

17 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Got two.... one is a English guy who runs a Austrian football blog.

other is a former footballers who played for Falkirk and St Mirren in the 90’s, who a mate that supports Falkirk introduced me to on way back from Macedonia last time and took us on a pub crawl of Vienna with his mate who it turned out was the 3rd choice goalkeeper for the Austria national team at the 1998 world cups, and spent all night showing us his gnarly looking deformed fingers that were a result of a lifetime of being a goalkeeper 😂😂😂

Not contacted either, but imagine it’s most likely Vienna, but they have played a number of games in Klagenfurt this year alone

FFS Big C. That’s a hell of a name dropping post that ain. 😆

• 4 months later...