Charter flights available - Faroe Islands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charter flights available

Some good news here. A company called Wonky Sheep are doing a day trip from Edinburgh. I went on Passporttravel’s day trip the last time and it was excellent. Incidentally the price is lower than it was in 2007 (or whenever it was). No easy way of getting there otherwise. From memory the same small chunky plane did about 4 trips back and forth with Scotland fans.

surely this time it’ll be in Torshavn and not the cliff!    https://wonkysheep.co.uk/product/faroes-v-scotland-ft/

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, TA Torr said:

Sport options flight available as well. 

https://www.sportoptions.com/Faroe-Islands-v-Scotland

Booked with them for a day trip to the play off final. Full refund given as soon as the game announced that no fans allowed. We have booked with them again. Cheaper than wonky sheep, who also deduct fees upon cancellation. Both still good options for direct flights. 

• 6 months later...

Sport Options have just binned their Faroes Charter, and looks like their Moldova one will be the same.

"Sadly we have to make a judgement call on this and for the time being we have decided to cancel the trip to the Faroe Islands. With 10 days quarantine required on arrival it is clearly impossible to operate a day trip. Whilst things could change our airline need to know if we are going to fly and cannot simply turn down other potential business on the basis that we might fly"

Sort of hoped that a further 10 weeks down the line might have made a difference.This nightmare is neverending.We wont get tickets for Denmark or Austria.Another chance for them to play in front of a totally home support.Bet you when we play Denmark at Hampden,the sfa will be falling over themselves to throw tickets their way

On 7/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, thesaint said:

Sort of hoped that a further 10 weeks down the line might have made a difference.This nightmare is neverending.We wont get tickets for Denmark or Austria.Another chance for them to play in front of a totally home support.Bet you when we play Denmark at Hampden,the sfa will be falling over themselves to throw tickets their way

Imagine the charter companies are having to put finance towards the renting of planes and airport slots in next week or two, hence why they are probably binning now so to avoid losing money.

Can't help thinking that sports options have jumped the gun here.I know they have to protect themselves regarding losing money,but i think they have either panicked or been badly advised.The cases of covid have dropped six days in a row,and the match in the Faroes isn't for another 10 weeks.That's a long time if the cases keep dropping.Would have thought they could have waited another 3 or 4 weeks before making a decision.First time i have used them,and must say i am more than dissapointed in them.

13 hours ago, thesaint said:

Can't help thinking that sports options have jumped the gun here.I know they have to protect themselves regarding losing money,but i think they have either panicked or been badly advised.The cases of covid have dropped six days in a row,and the match in the Faroes isn't for another 10 weeks.That's a long time if the cases keep dropping.Would have thought they could have waited another 3 or 4 weeks before making a decision.First time i have used them,and must say i am more than dissapointed in them.

Sport Option do charters for Rangers and Man City European games all the time, so I think they will probably know when it is best to go with a gut feeling that trips will not go ahead.

Flights are getting binned everywhere just now (BA have binned a number of flights to Copenhagen just today, and Easyjet have binned flights that effects freinds of mine for their Moldova plans in November) so just the world we live in at the moment.