World cup qualification travel. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

World cup qualification travel.

Clootie Dumpling

I've had a wee look...

We'll see where we are with Coronavirus situation next year, but the March and September triple-headers look problematic for fans; I might sacrifice one-in-three.

With all the matches being crammed into 2021, a five team group would have been far easier on us fans.

Small places aside; I usually like to spend at least 5 nights wherever we play; more if it's somewhere especially interesting, but having Copenhagen and Vienna together in September will be financially challenging. 

I've had a look at Faroes and Moldova. Quite decent prices at this time and tempted to book as i will get an easy cancellation incase fans are not allowed in. Just a pity I cannot find the hotel we stayed in when we last visited Chisinau, it was meant to be the top 3/4 star hotel in the city at the time. The balcony was hanging on for dear life by one or two strands of metal, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls because of the damp. You could feel the damp when you got into your bed :) and you were offered ladies of the night when you got to your floor. When we arrived via the charter flights from Glasgow the bar prices steadily rose as more TA arrived.

Just now, Clootie Dumpling said:

I've had a look at Faroes and Moldova. Quite decent prices at this time and tempted to book as i will get an easy cancellation incase fans are not allowed in. Just a pity I cannot find the hotel we stayed in when we last visited Chisinau, it was meant to be the top 3/4 star hotel in the city at the time. The balcony was hanging on for dear life by one or two strands of metal, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls because of the damp. You could feel the damp when you got into your bed :) and you were offered ladies of the night when you got to your floor. When we arrived via the charter flights from Glasgow the bar prices steadily rose as more TA arrived.

That sounds like the infamous Hotel National, which when booking last night I did take a look to see if it was still on the go.

With all the away games being midweek i can't justify the time off work for every match so I've booked Austria for me and my son, and Moldova for me and 3 mates. 

Moldova cost was much cheaper than i thought, flights and 2 nights accommodation for £290. I swore I'd never return to Moldova after 2004 but i can't resist 😂

Let's hope fans are allowed back in by then 🤞

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I've had a wee look...

We'll see where we are with Coronavirus situation next year, but the March and September triple-headers look problematic for fans; I might sacrifice one-in-three.

With all the matches being crammed into 2021, a five team group would have been far easier on us fans.

Small places aside; I usually like to spend at least 5 nights wherever we play; more if it's somewhere especially interesting, but having Copenhagen and Vienna together in September will be financially challenging. 

You can forget March, but September with a fair wind should be fine I reckon

30 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

https://wonkysheep.co.uk/product/faroes-v-scotland-ft/

just got an email from Wonky Sheep.

charters already in place for Faroes and Moldova from Edinburgh.

more news on Copenhagen and Vienna soon.

ive been hoping for a decent replacement for Passporttravel and this might just be it.

Looks like an excellent option! I used Passport Travel a lot in the past so hopefully this goes ahead 👍🏼

6 hours ago, Clootie Dumpling said:

Now we know the draw and the match days. Has anyone started to book flights, hotels etc whilst we are still in CV-19 Situation?

2 booked for Austria game Aberdeen-Oslo- Vienna leaving Monday morning. Vienna-Copenhagen-Aberdeen leaving Wednesday afternoon £236 each.

Edited by RDFH64