Billy Gilmour - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I read that article after reading your post, there's another stating the same but there's no real substance to either article. 

Gilmour would be better at most clubs outwith Chelsea. I've said as much before, the manager merry go round at Chelsea leaves no real chance for youth to kick on

True, but El Desmarque is definitely a reliable source. Besides, managers rarely talk about players of other teams.

In fairness, you could believe it to be true. Gilmour is in the mould of Xavi and Iniesta. Guardiola would love him.

I just want Gilmour out of Chelsea, regardless of which club he joins. He needs matches. 

Edited by Taylor1996

49 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

True, but El Desmarque is definitely a reliable source. Besides, managers rarely talk about players of other teams.

In fairness, you could believe it to be true. Gilmour is in the mould of Xavi and Iniesta. Guardiola would love him.

I just want Gilmour out of Chelsea, regardless of which club he joins. He needs matches. 

The article is a year old and Billy Gilmour is a year older and made little progress. The article also says that El Desmarque is not the most reliable source.

Honestly don't believe any thing I read any more unless it's from multiple sources. Probably why I just use forums and statistics to evaluate players ability. Does Davie Provan deciding Billy Gilmour was man of the match against Liverpool mean he was the best player?

Not even sure my own opinion of a players performance simply on watching a game as we all have biases to what we regard as important and what we expect to see regarding certain players.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The article is a year old and Billy Gilmour is a year older and made little progress. The article also says that El Desmarque is not the most reliable source.

Honestly don't believe any thing I read any more unless it's from multiple sources. Probably why I just use forums and statistics to evaluate players ability. Does Davie Provan deciding Billy Gilmour was man of the match against Liverpool mean he was the best player?

Not even sure my own opinion of a players performance simply on watching a game as we all have biases to what we regard as important and what we expect to see regarding certain players.

Sounds like you took the red pill buddy. 

6 minutes ago, Marky said:

Game passing him by tonight.

Chelsea defenders passing by him more like, right over his head! They keep slinging it long to beat Barnsley's press but all of Chelsea's best moments have started through him when they have actually played it through midfield. 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

His stats are damning.

Dispossessed 4 times.

Dribbled past 2 time.

Tackles 0/2

1 dribble, one shot at goal(off target) 82% pass success rate and 2 interceptions are pretty poor for a player in his position.

Barnsley 0

Chelsea 1

Goal made by Gilmour. Those stats will do me.

His stats are damning.

Dispossessed 4 times.

Dribbled past 2 time.

Tackles 0/2

1 dribble, one shot at goal(off target) 82% pass success rate and 2 interceptions are pretty poor for a player in his position.

That's not good reading but he did do well to create the goal. He also laid a lovely pass to tammy Abraham who should of been given a pen in the first half. 

1 minute ago, wee-toon-red said:

Barnsley 0

Chelsea 1

Goal made by Gilmour. Those stats will do me.

Plays like that against decent opponents and I doubt it will be 0-1 Chelsea.

I reckon all the talk has got to him, he was pretty poor and as for the goal being made by Gilmour, that really is taking seeing things you want to see to extremes.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I reckon all the talk has got to him, he was pretty poor and as for the goal being made by Gilmour, that really is taking seeing things you want to see to extremes.

The goal did come from a lovely bit of control and perfect through ball. Obviously it wasn't an assist but he did do well in the build up. Also he laid a great pass to tammy Abraham to put him through on goal before he was taken down. 

Tbf those two moments were the very few moments of quality from Chelsea. 

Edited by mccaughey85

😂😂😂 calm down, it’s one game and in a team with 10 changes. 

You have to put that game into context tonight: Chelsea have a new manager which all the players are getting use to, there was a fair few changes, continuity of the team all to fk, pretty much all them weren’t great tonight,Barnsley were well drilled to fk, mad up for a scalp and that pitch was horrific by today’s standards.

Let’s imagine that’s was a full strength team with Gilmour included away to a West Brom. Chelsea probs win it 3/4  nill and Gilmour would be in the running for motm. Or that was at Stamford bridge tonight on a better pitch, a lot easier game.

Fwiw I thought some of his touches were still class and it was fantastic experience for his development the way Barnsley were set up.

“All the talk has got to him” that’s funny as fk. You’ve not got a clue whoever said that.

He seems to be progressing well. The beeb ratings , that I think are public, have him top as seems quite often with him whenever he does play . 
should be in any future squads as Clarke sees fit for his long turn . I would trust him to start in a Scotland XI tomorrow 

Would be interesting to compare his stats to Kante's because he was pish all night.  Ziyech and Pulisic were even worse.

Chelsea seemed to struggle with the changes and playing a bit shit mental formation with Hudson Odoi at wing back left the two centre midfielders chasing shadows

I don’t think we should panic too much. 

McTominay was well down the pecking order till not too long ago & Gilmour is younger & probably has even more talent. 

One injury and he will have his chance.

Saw enough last night to expect Clarke to stick him in the squad for the triple header to be honest, he will play a few games between now and then also. 

You can quite easily see the likes of Callum Paterson, Kenny McLean, Lawrence Shankland & Andy Considine missing out at the expense of Billy Gilmour, David Turnbull, Jack Hendry & Kevin Nisbet. 

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

I don’t think we should panic too much. 

McTominay was well down the pecking order till not too long ago & Gilmour is younger & probably has even more talent. 

One injury and he will have his chance.

Saw enough last night to expect Clarke to stick him in the squad for the triple header to be honest, he will play a few games between now and then also. 

You can quite easily see the likes of Callum Paterson, Kenny McLean, Lawrence Shankland & Andy Considine missing out at the expense of Billy Gilmour, David Turnbull, Jack Hendry & Kevin Nisbet. 

Maybe not Nesbit unless he resolves his squabble with his club manager, needs to be back playing and scoring ( or contributing) in the next couple of weeks for march matches, only 5 weeks left.