Billy Gilmour - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

Taylor1996

13 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I would love for some other big club to buy him outright as I think Chelsea are wasting a talented player who is capable of playing for a top club at 19.

Totally agree. 

Will be interesting to see what happens but a loan with regaular games would atleast get him confirmed in our squad & show Chelsea what they are missing. 

33 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

That’s crazy, he’s only 19. Chelsea putting him out on loan will ultimately benefit Chelsea if that’s what they want to do. 

How is it crazy, if man utd or man City offered big money for him and Chelsea don't want to play him and they do then it's a good move all round. I think Billy Gilmour is a wonder kid like foden or fabgregas who is easily capable of playing for a top club at 19.

I think Chelsea are missing out big time by not playing this guy. 

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Curious, but is it him that won't have any shortage of options or is it Chelsea not sure how loan deals work.

You'd prefer him to stay put where the new manager does not rate you? Evidently, he is not part of Tuchel's plans as he has already dropped cryptic clues such as Gilmour needed to bulk up.

13 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Curious, but is it him that won't have any shortage of options or is it Chelsea not sure how loan deals work.

I think of all clubs, Chelsea are very familiar with how loan deals work.

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You'd prefer him to stay put where the new manager does not rate you? Evidently, he is not part of Tuchel's plans as he has already dropped cryptic clues such as Gilmour needed to bulk up.

I wasn't suggesting he stays put, was asking if anyone knew how much say he would have in a loan deal. ie were it was.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

I wasn't suggesting he stays put, was asking if anyone knew how much say he would have in a loan deal.

Got you. 👍

Well I wouldn't see that they'd be standing in his way too much as they could gain much from it. If he moves to another EPL club and gets game time and impresses they get a better player back and a few million more can be asked for him than present. And since Tuchel seems to have no plans for him then I can't see Tuchel standing in the way.

Early days folks. It's a shame that Tuchel didn't come in a bit earlier (from our point of view), he seems to have gone for tried and tested in his firstbpicks. I'd prefer Gilmour to stay and for Tuchel to see his talent rather than a rushed transfer or loan move ( unless it's back to Gers for a bit). 

23 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Sometimes this board is more jittery than the stock exchange. 

Well lets see. Tuchel has openly said Gilmour has inadequacies and in his two matches in charge Gilmour has not featured at all and judging by the comments I do not see that changing anytime soon. So with the Euros fast approaching he needs game time NOW not in a month or twos time after being left in the void.

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If Tuchel's main issue with Gilmour is his physical strength then that will surely resolve over time - he's still only 19.  Darren Fletcher was built like a stick insect when he was his age but eventually filled out sufficiently.

At this stage I think a loan move to another EPL or even a Championship club where he is likely to get some game time will be helpful for him though.  He's not going to improve much kicking around in Chelsea's reserves.

As for the Euros, unless he sees some regular first team football - somewhere - I think they'll come too soon for him.

43 minutes ago, scotlad said:

If Tuchel's main issue with Gilmour is his physical strength then that will surely resolve over time - he's still only 19.  Darren Fletcher was built like a stick insect when he was his age but eventually filled out sufficiently.

At this stage I think a loan move to another EPL or even a Championship club where he is likely to get some game time will be helpful for him though.  He's not going to improve much kicking around in Chelsea's reserves.

As for the Euros, unless he sees some regular first team football - somewhere - I think they'll come too soon for him.

Darren Fletcher was built like a stick insect for his whole career!

I think English teams can can only have 2 domestics players on loan at any given time so that will limits Gilmours options. 

Im sure it runs West Ham out as they had to trigger the option to buy of a player they had on loan in order to Jesse Lingard on loan.

I can see nothing getting done and for him to spend the next few months trying to impress a manager who is clearly wanting to go with experience atm.

I think the change of manager might actually be good for his development, if tuchel is impressed with him but concerned about his physical attributes then maybe he will be more inclined to play him further up the pitch, i think he has been wasted playing in the def midfield role, i think we (scotland) would get a lot more out of him in the number 10 position. 

3 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

I think the change of manager might actually be good for his development, if tuchel is impressed with him but concerned about his physical attributes then maybe he will be more inclined to play him further up the pitch, i think he has been wasted playing in the def midfield role, i think we (scotland) would get a lot more out of him in the number 10 position. 

Agree if the manager is as astute as seems and Gilmour the player I hope then him wanting him is positive affirmation. 
If fit then Gilmour should be accommodated in squads building to inclusion for Euro 2020 . 

Worst possible timing Lampard getting sacked when he did because Gilmour was a 100 percent guaranteed starter in the next game for Lampard v Wolves. If Gilmour had played that game, and played the way he usually does when given an opportunity, I think he would have nailed that spot. Sometimes it's all about timing and you need a bit of luck and unfortunately Lampards sacking came at the worst possible time for him. Tuchel comes in throws experienced guys in and now he has to start trying to impress all over again, which has probably set him back months of first team football.